• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun or Moon?

Are you leaning towards one version already?

• Sun, obviously

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Moon, definitely

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Maybe both

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Undecided / need more info

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
Wow, I'm surprised at all the Moon bias.... I thought I was the only one....
It's interesting because at this point, if I were to "choose", it would be based on the logos, and I tend to like orange/red better than blue... But in this case, even I am leaning towards Moon... The purple blue just looks more like real outer space... With sun they could have gone for a nebula-esque look which would have been awesome (and perhaps it IS with they were going for) but I just don't think they did it as well.... The Moon symbol I also think looks way cooler.... And I like the moon more just as an object....
So yeah, i'm leaning towards moon, but DESPITE ALL I WROTE ABOVE, those arguments will be useless when I have to decide between Box Legends. Most likely I will get one and my older brother will get the other...

Side note: Did anyone notice that the art in the two logos is LITERALLY the same, just recoloured? I just noticed right now when I observed more carefully.... Not that surprising in hindsight...

It's all depending on the version mascot. I chose Y back in X and Y because Xerneas was popular.

I'm leaning towards Moon right now but I'll probably get both versions; Sun will be a digital download probably. Me and my Automaton army will need space, you know.

But yeah, I'm already more than a little biased towards Moon.

I only see the light, Team Sun for me!
(I buy both but Moon will be a cute shelf accessory for my game collection)

I'm really torn on this. I've always gotten the first of each pair (Diamond, Black, X, etc.), but I like both Sun and Moon. Aside from CoroCoro and other Pokénnouncements, I don't want to spoil myself, so I likely won't know which version has what Pokémon.
Though after hearing all the Moon arguments, I'm leaning toward Moon anyway. It's good to mix things up, you know. And that logo really is beautiful.

I'm really torn on this. I've always gotten the first of each pair (Diamond, Black, X, etc.), but I like both Sun and Moon.
But did you buy the first of each pair BECAUSE they were the first (but why would you do that), or was it just a coincidence that it happened three times in a row?
YESS JOIN THE MOON CLAN!! YEESSS THE LOGO IS <3333333

Moon, no doubt. I mean, I'll probably get Sun, too, eventually after I've completed Moon and want another taste of the region in a new light. But first go, definitely Moon for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Does this answer the question?

Thematically and aesthetically, I tend to prefer moon-related stuff.

But I am likely to end up buying both of them regardless (I own every game from Gen III-onward except for HeartGold; my copy got damaged but I intend to replace it... if it helps, I have an extra Black 2 cart that my friend gave me :p).

I just love the moon at night, how it can be whole, part or gone completely
It's the same with X and Y, I would have X if I had the 3DS, since its' the letter I preffer!

I haven't brought one game without the other. If I decide to get into the new gen, I would buy both versions because I have a second 3DS to trade pokemon over.

But did you buy the first of each pair BECAUSE they were the first (but why would you do that), or was it just a coincidence that it happened three times in a row?
YESS JOIN THE MOON CLAN!! YEESSS THE LOGO IS <3333333
Because they were the first. Maybe it's an OCD thing, dunno. It's almost an instinct.
As for Sun, the logo reminds me heavily of my favorite Gamecube game (Mario Sunshine), so...I really need more info on the games before I choose. It could go either way at this point.

I'll be getting both games. I've been doing that ever since R/S and I plan to continue doing so with these games. I usually start both games on the same day, but then play one more often to help keep both games fresh. It's normally the first game of the two, but depending on the Pokemon available in each version, that could change later.

I'm going to play them both but I'll start with Moon. Hope we get more infos soon.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom