• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun or Moon?

Are you leaning towards one version already?

• Sun, obviously

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Moon, definitely

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Maybe both

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Undecided / need more info

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
Moon because its associated with water. Then again, I might purchase the sun version since HG had more pokemon and this might too.

I normally always buy the first version advertised of a pair when games come out, like first in name. So I got Red first, Gold first, X first ect, but this time I'll get Moon first, even though I buy both versions eventually (I get the other a month later).

Unbelievably excited to see the mascots though, that could possibly change my decision too but we'll see.

As for know I'm planning on Sun; mainly because I greatly prefer day to night and because I like red and dislike blue. However, if I prefer some version exclusives in Moon, then I'll go for Moon.

Though honestly, it's also highly likely that I'll end up getting both like I have for the past 2 games.

I wanted the Moon one at first but seeing how literally everyone wants it, I started gravitating towards the Sun one. And then I thought that Moon ver. will probably have tons of fairies that I hate and then it is suddenly definitely Sun one for me! Plus all the femininty linked to the Moon ver... No, thanks. I can say for sure that I like deserts a lot (especially Hoenn desert), they are my most favourite game locations, in fact. There are so many mysterious artifacts of lost civilizations there to dig for a ruin maniac like me. Sun because desert ruins are the best. And the day may not be mysterious but the morning is.

Too early to tell. I tend to make my decision when I see the legendary mascot and version exclusives. Although I guess at this point, I'm leaning a little more towards Sun.

I always get both versions so that I can do any trading exclusive/trade evo Mons and such back and forth, as well as rack up as many freebees as possible (event Mons, for example). Plus it allows me to try them both and feel the full experience. However, I always have a primary version and a secondary version. With the real lack of info right now, such as not even knowing what the starters are, it's hard to say what my primary will be. I might lean toward Moon as my primary, but I want to wait until more info is revealed before I decide on anything.

I'll make the final decision when I know more about what the actual games will be like. But for now, I'll say Moon.

I always get both versions especially as I have two 3DS systems for trading purposes. Haven't decided to buy the games yet because I want to know what will happen with Zygarde.

I always get both versions especially as I have two 3DS systems for trading purposes. Haven't decided to buy the games yet because I want to know what will happen with Zygarde.
Would you really skip out on a new generation just for Zygarde not being in it? I'm sorry this just seems a tad extreme....

Would you really skip out on a new generation just for Zygarde not being in it? I'm sorry this just seems a tad extreme....
Not really. If they were not doing anything for Zygarde, then they shouldn't have create new forms for it. However, I will wait for info being revealed to confirm whether to buy them or not.

Not really. If they were not doing anything for Zygarde, then they shouldn't have create new forms for it. However, I will wait for info being revealed to confirm whether to buy them or not.
That's like me not allowing myself to enjoy Ruby because Eevee wasn't available. I almost didn't play White for the same reason. Don't make my mistakes.

I decide which game I get by the version exclusive pokemon. I lucked out in XY because Y had both of the version exclusives I preferred (Spritzee and Skrelp). I'll decide the same way, since usually the version exclusives are among the pokemon released before the games come out.

I definitely won't be able to make a decision until I see what each version has to offer, but I'm leaning towards Moon.

Both eventually, like always!

I'd like to be #teammoon but am waiting for box legendaries and version exclusives/differences before placing my pre-order.

After today's news, I'm sure I'll be getting both. But I'm leaning towards Sun for my primary game.

Anyone else close to deciding now?

Of course I will buy both! But I will use Moon as my main game because I like very much the box legendary.

I'm gonna get both, obviously! But I am going to get Moon first, because the legendary on it is a freaking beast and awesome as heck! I'm gonna ask my parents to get me Sun for Christmas.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom