• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun or Moon?

Are you leaning towards one version already?

• Sun, obviously

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Moon, definitely

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Maybe both

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Undecided / need more info

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
I'm planning on getting both versions, can't say which I'll be playing first until I have more information.

Moon, for sure. But maybe both.

I'll definitely be getting both, but I don't know which I'll play first. I want to know more first.

My tradition: I pick just one game according to the box art. Though so often lately, beautiful, deep blue designs have captivated me... :oops:

I'm getting both, but I'm waiting for them to reveal the box mascots so I'll know which one is going to be my main file.

Am leaning toward moon, but need more info before deciding. Considered getting both, but the last time I did that (xy) I played through one then lost interest about a quarter of the way into the second.

Like almost everyone, at this moment I'm more interested in the Moon version, simply because the logo's prettier heh.

However, I first really want to know the version exclusives and potential other differences between the versions before I make a real decision.

For now. I will buy both. But Moon for me and Sun for my brother. XD

But I may change my mind.

I love the Moon and everything that goes with it (concepts, myths etc.) so Moon it is! Unless Sun has something I really want, like a cooler box Legendary.

I liked buying both versions, but I dont have that luxury anymore. I've been saving for this next Pokemon game since after I bought AlphaSapphire. XD

I think I will choose moon, because the other game that have it isn't blue so I don't repeat the color. that's simple :D

For now, I'll be leaning towards Sun, keeping a trend that I started with Pokémon Black - get the left side version first. Only twice have I broken this trend, and those times were SoulSilver and Generation VI (in which I eventually got all four of them).

For reference, the only reason it was different in SoulSilver was because this is how me and my friend decided what version we would get - the box mascots. He's a big fan of Ho-Oh, but also prefers Zekrom, Yveltal and Kyogre in design (and then there's B2W2 which gave us the opposite version legendary anyway). What a coincidence that I've gotten the ones that have typically been more competitively viable, or at least more common, in VGC2016's current meta (save Black Kyurem).

I'm considering getting both at the same time. but if not, I'm picking Sun. I've always chosen the ''red'' version somehow.

Moon seems more interesting rn but it will depend on the exclusives and the box legendaries.

Obviously it all depends, but at this moment, I will be purchasing Moon.

My brother and I have, since I can remember, each purchased one of the two games for each generation. Most recently he purchased Y and Omega Ruby, and I the opposite, so if the trend continues he'll likely purchase the red box, Sun, and I'll purchase the blue box, Moon. At the end of the day, though, I'm indifferent.

I'm going to wait and see what the version exclusives are before making a decision. I never did buy it but from Gen 6 my preferred version was Y. I liked Yveltal more plus it had Skrelp, but the store that I got the game from had no copies of Y in stock so I settled for X.

It really comes down to what the Mascot Legendaries look like and which version my sister chooses (as I'm letting her choose first this time round). At the moment though she likes Sun more and I'm leaning more towards Moon, mostly due to the cooler colours and whatnot.

I always buy both, but I'll play Moon first unless Sun has some mons that give me a reason to play it first. xD

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom