• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super-Effective Mafia -- ENDGAME. Town victory! [08/06/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoy

the bug catcher pokémon
Reaction score
Super-Effective Mafia.
Hosted by Buoy and PichuBoy.

Fifty years ago, a settlement was established in eastern Kanto -- for Pokémon, by Pokémon. It was a safe haven for all who did not want to be with a trainer, for those who wanted to remain wild and free for as long as they could manage, or simply for those who had nowhere else to go. Generations of Pokémon grew up and died there, and now they were gathering for the five-hundredth anniversary of the founding of the Vale.

However, some of the creatures' minds had been twisted over the years of the Vale's existence, and each criminal had his or her own motives, but they were now coming together in a secret organisation. A single Pokémon had been searching for many years, trying to bring together a small band of creatures that would tear down the Vale entirely. He manipulated those who he found into following him. Then he brought his small group back to the Vale, where he briefed them on their tasks. That day, the founding celebration, was the day when they would finally put their plans in motion.

Many of the Pokémon had gathered at first light in order to oversee the festival's opening, and masses crowded eagerly around the 'town hall', as it could be called. Mayor Breloom, who was in charge of the entire Vale, waited until the sun had risen fully. He then promptly opened their festivities by neatly kicking a ribbon stretching from one post to another. The split ribbon fell to the floor simply. Cheers erupted from the congregation as the festivities were now to begin.

Suddenly, a terrified cry rang from a corner of the crowd. Everyone turned as one unit, the noise dying down almost immediately. They watched as a shadow slipped away, laughing in triumph. That was the start of discord within the Vale. They all knew instinctively what the cry was for. The entire community trembled together as they saw the result of the one thing that had never happened before.

For the first time, somebody had been murdered in the Vale. A Sigilyph's corpse lay, shattered-looking, on the ground, with what seemed to be blood pouring from a gaping wound.

Now, it's up to the Pokémon of the Vale to find out who was behind this and stop them -- no matter what the cost.

VOTING MECHANIC:
This is the most important feature to take note of within the game. This mafia game is based on Pokémon, and the voting mechanics have been changed slightly. On top of their normal role abilities, the votes that people cast are determined by their role's type against another role's type. If your role's type is super-effective against another role's type, then your votes count twice against that person; likewise, if your role's type is resisted by another role's type, then your votes only count for half against that person. If someone else's type is immune, they are immune to your vote. For instance, take PLAYER A. He is Pansear within the game: a Fire-type. His votes against PLAYER B, a Panpour, only count for half. However, his votes against PLAYER C, a Pansage, count twice. If a Pokémon is dual-typed, only its SECONDARY type will count when voting against another Pokémon.

RULES:
1. We will modkill for two things:
-- If you share your Role PM in its entirety. Claiming of any sort is fine, but, as usual, you should use your judgement to see when it's appropriate. You can claim your role's name, the type of your role (like Normal-type or whatever), paraphrase your Role PM and/or share the ability (or abilities) that your role possesses. However, screenshots may not be taken, and you cannot forward your Role PM. An exception to this is the mafia members.
-- Unacceptable conduct towards other players: while things may get heated, we’re going to ask you all to keep your cool. If you get excessively rude or if you try to flame/bait, then you will be promptly replaced and, if necessary, other appropriate action will be taken.

2. Please notify one or both of us of inactivity. It helps us and the game as a whole if we can neatly slot in a substitute in your place, instead of having to ask around on short notice. If we see you haven't been active for three or more phases, you're automatically going to be replaced. Warnings won't be issued.

3. Once you're dead, you're dead. You're only allowed a few inconsequential posts, and these must be non-informative. Two or three maximum, please. For mafia members, you can still continue to post in the QT, as long as you don't give out advice, suspicions or information that you haven’t already disclosed to the remaining members.

4. Both night phases and day phases will last approximately 24 hours each, although it is subject to delay and extension. Each phase change will be around 8/9PM GMT.

5. When voting, post Vote: [USER] in order to make your vote count. Likewise, if you want to remove your vote, then it's Unvote: [USER]. Voting for a no lynch is an option, but in the case of a tie, a lynch will win over a no lynch.

6. Any kind of outside communication is fine, except VMs, as long as both of us get notified of it one way or another. If you're using PMs, then add us as recipients {Buoy AND PichuBoy}, and you must provide a log or a summary of your conversation if you use services such as AIM or Skype to hold your private conversations. The mafia's QT will be set up by Buoy and shared with the mafia members -- who must not under any circumstances share it with any non-mafia player.

7. During the game, we have the right to, and may or will edit or add rules in. As such, you should probably keep checking, but we’ll more than likely make an announcement that the rules have been changed, and state the change/addition.

8. Buoy is much sexier than PichuBoy.

***​

Last edited:
Super-Effective Mafia: PLAYERS.

PLAYERS.
1. @PkmnGreen; TOGEKISS -- won the game!
2. @Flonne; DIGLETT -- killed Night 6.
3. @jda95; ARBOK -- lynched Day 1.
4. @PkmnLeafGreen; UMBREON -- won the game!
5. @Mijzelffan; SHELGON -- killed Night 4.
6. @In Soviet Russia; CHIMECHO -- won the game!
7. @Croag; BELLOSSOM -- lynched Day 7.
8. @PkmnFireRed; VANILLITE -- lynched Day 5.
9. @Smasher 101; MAWILE -- won the game!
10. @Paperhorse; SUDOWOODO -- lynched Day 4.
11. @Tris79; PSYDUCK -- lynched Day 3.
12. @Sourcandy; MIENSHAO -- killed Night 5.
13. @Baron Dante; DRAGONAIR -- won the game!
14. @Joltik; PICHU -- won the game!
15. @Secretive Trainer; ESPEON -- won the game!
16. @Soulmaster; PINSIR -- killed Night 1.
17. @The Puppetmaster; RAPIDASH -- lynched Day 2.
18. @Neonsands; SHEDINJA -- killed Night 3.
19. @PkmnSilver; PERSIAN -- won the game!
20. @Aestivate; DUSKNOIR -- lynched Day 3.

SUBSTITUTES.
1. @Zenax;
2. @harryheart;

Last edited:
Re: Super-Effective Mafia -- Sign-ups! [26/05/12]

I'll play!

Bwee didn't bully me into this at all :p

In, por favor. ^^

Sign me up! I may forgive you for your Jesse comment. :)

I'm in.

In Soviet Russia, Game join YOU!

I'll play but only because Croagus was made to.

In, so many shipping opportunities xD

I'll play, bb!

Me want in!

I'm in.

I don't know whether to agree with rule #8 or not. So while I'm thinking about it I'll play a "nice" game of mafia again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom