• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SUPER EFFECTIVE

How is it funny? It uses stupid jokes, anime references, religious satire, reused jokes, and old jokes that the fandom has been using for years. Those are the least funny and/or most tired 'jokes' on the planet. And any 'humour' left over is made null by the fact that the writer takes a month to update.

He should honestly just cancel the comic and focus on VG Cats because this one's going nowhere fast.

I thought the last pages the same.
But it focuses on some problems, I'v asked myself. Like: "You go to the Pokémon Center" ... and it's free!
How they are financed?

Okay the Updatetime is still long, but still not limitless.

And if you don't like it, don't read it. Some people find that this IS funny. Everyone has a different sense of humor.

How is it funny? It uses stupid jokes, anime references, religious satire, reused jokes, and old jokes that the fandom has been using for years. Those are the least funny and/or most tired 'jokes' on the planet. And any 'humour' left over is made null by the fact that the writer takes a month to update.

He should honestly just cancel the comic and focus on VG Cats because this one's going nowhere fast.

As Silence pointed out, if you don't like reading something, Don't read it. Every body has different tastes. I find it funny that you come to the Super Effective thread and then criticize it saying it isn't funny.

As Silence pointed out, if you don't like reading something, Don't read it. Every body has different tastes. I find it funny that you come to the Super Effective thread and then criticize it saying it isn't funny.

I think most people find the series funny, hence the reason to re-visit the site and this thread. A lot are saying the one particular scene wasn't funny especially considering the wait. That's how I feel anyway considering how long this has been running.

I think most people find the series funny, hence the reason to re-visit the site and this thread. A lot are saying the one particular scene wasn't funny especially considering the wait. That's how I feel anyway considering how long this has been running.

Its true that the wait was long but that is no reason to criticize the series as a whole or say " Why are you guys even reading this?".

Its true that the wait was long but that is no reason to criticize the series as a whole or say " Why are you guys even reading this?".
Yeah, I agree. People these days are so opinionated.

Edit: Not sarcasm; closure.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom