• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbal and fruit-flavored teas are great. Of the various flavors, Mango, Peach, and Lemon are my favorite. I also drink a lot of chai tea with masala and cardamom mixed in.

Sometimes, we just can't think of anything but a good dessert. Sometimes we love to have a nice cup of coffee, or have a nice cup of Ice.

This week's question is; Pudding or Ice Cream, which is the better desert?

Personally I love both, and it really depends on the flavor and the mood I'm in. Pudding is amazing as just something to eat whenever, while Ice Cream is something really great when it's hot out. I... Don't think I can really pick between the two ^^;

Gonna side with ice cream on this one. My situation is similar to Nataku's anyway. It's pretty hot year round until the Winter, which is closer to moderate or mild.

Ice cream. Pudding is a bit too general of a term, some kinds are good, others aren't common here or I might not even know about. Ice cream's almost always the same great thing when it's not one of the flavors we've been taking about a while ago in this very thread

Probably ice cream. Hot pudding is good on occasion but its a hassle to make.

Definitely Ice Cream for me, I only eat pudding as a snack and never as a dessert.

Mousse version of Chocolate pudding is really good. If you haven't had it, you should try it some time.

7 people voted that ice cream was superior then pudding.
0 people voted the other way around.

That clearly shows that ice cream is the superior dessert.

Something you probably don't eat daily, is seafood. I live in a harbor town, so we have a lot of fresh fish around and I usually eat it weekly. We usually buy up a big pile of plaice and panga and eat it with a bunch of friends and family at my grandparents.

I also love eating shrimps when going out for dinners, especially the huge ones, we have an Italian place here where I always get them :)

Besides fish I don't eat much seafood, but how about you guys? This weeks question is:
What is your favorite seafood?

Squid. We call it calamari here in Greece and it's a very popular dish.
Octopus and shrimps are also nice.

I'm not the biggest fan of seafood.

I don't really like most fish. It doesn't even matter to me if it's raw like in ceviche or sushi, or cooked. I just don't like fish much. The only fish I'll eat is tuna steak with this soy-mirin sauce, or fried mahi mahi with a mustard cream sauce. If I have to, miso glazed salmon is OK, but I prefer the other two. If everyone else is wanting sushi I'll eat a few bites but if we're going to an actual Japanese restaurant (i.e., not just sushi) then sushi is the last thing I'd order. I do like ceviche made with aji amarillo but again, I'd really only eat it if people are ordering a giant thing of ceviche to share. It's not something I'd really order specifically for myself. On the other hand, the only stock I will actually make myself is fish stock (with bonito flakes, not like an actual fish carcass). I can't even bring myself to make like anchovy stock because I don't want to sit there and gut anchovies. Eugh.

I do like shrimp for the most part, but cleaning shrimp is the biggest pain in the arse (they already sell shrimp without the heads or legs, why can't they sell pre-cleaned shrimp?!). Shrimp tenpura is my faaaaaaaavourite way to eat shrimp. This I cannot actually make at home because mum doesn't let me deep-fry anything (she says it gives you dark spots on your skin but mum has never been completely sane). I make ebi katsu (basically cut-up shrimp formed into a burger patty and covered in bread crumbs) sometimes, and I also like ají de camarones, which is a Peruvian shrimp dish with a really yummy sauce.

I also really like crab but dealing with cracking crab legs open is the biggest pain in the arse in the entire multiverse, mostly because I have this thing about my hands being clean so I'll get up and wash them like a million times while eating crab legs. There's this super super super delicious crab dip stuff sold at one of the supers here that is just sooooooooo goooooood though you guyyyyyyys.

Pretty much everything else that comes from the ocean is a no-go for me, especially calamari. I have given it so many chances in a couple of different ways and I just don't like it. Same with squid. One day I will buy some of the squid at the super and attempt to cook it and that will be the absolute last time I try it. If I don't like it then I will just give up. :p I do like conchas a la parmesana, which I guess in English are scallops? Chorros a la chalaca are pretty good too. Again though, these are two dishes that I would only eat as like a shared appetizer and not so much as something I'd order for myself. Oysters, clams, etc., I'm not really much of a fan of.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a fish person. I do, however, LOVE crawfish. I also like shrimp a bit I guess though not as much. Rounding out the seafood I like is crab which, while tasty, is very tedious to work with.
All three of these are great when boiled in cajun seasoning, though crawfish takes the cake for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom