• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Newwwwww Quuuuuuuesstionnnnnnnnn zomg!!

What's the best meal you've ever made?
Was it something you've made before? Something entirely new? Something you've been trying to perfect for a long time?

Fun Ghoul
Reaction score
I've been cooking a lot more often lately since I'm no longer living on campus, so I've gotten to try making a lot of new things that I'm pretty proud of. A few weeks ago I made some slow-cooker pulled pork that turned out really well; that one was definitely the best so far.

Reaction score
I make a pretty good stew and I've gotten much better at making different rice recipes. I think the best baked item I make is cookies.

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
Best meal I've made? I made hamburgers for my family that used slices of French bread and I added Turkey meat along with Swiss and American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and mayo. All served with a side of fries I made from peeling and slicing potatoes that was dabbed with garlic powder and flour. I was a hero that evening. :ROFLMAO:

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
I haven't made much, but I have made chicken burgers with spinach and toasted sesame seed buns, home-made mac & cheese (with bread crumbs and bacon), and stuffed Bell Peppers. All of which I enjoyed.

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I was ridiculously pleased when I made a really nice butter chicken a few years ago. Was really proud of myself for not screwing it up, because it was something I'd managed to mess up one way or another the first three times I'd made it.

Lovely
Reaction score
How do you know when the food is ready to eat? I have terrible sense when it comes to cooking because I always have a feeling that even if the food looks great on the outside, it could still be raw somewhere.

Fun Ghoul
Reaction score
How do you know when the food is ready to eat? I have terrible sense when it comes to cooking because I always have a feeling that even if the food looks great on the outside, it could still be raw somewhere.
You can use a food thermometer to check that the temperature in the center of the food (usually meat) is where it should be, so you can be sure it's cooked all the way through. A lot of the time though, I just go by sight and keeping track of the time that it's been cooking when it's something I've made before.

Violet Detector
Reaction score
I usually go by sight myself. If I'm uncertain though, I'll cut into the meat to see if the inside has cooked properly.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
I think it would be chicken with noodles. I rarely cook, most of the things I do are somewhat simple, but there was that one time I decided to experiment with noodles, and it turned out fine, so I guess that counts.

Kawaii desu ne
Reaction score
Time for a new question!

What is your favorite type of salad?
How do you prepare it? Or do you eat it somewhere outside?

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
I like salads with cheese in, preferably feta. Chicken or some kind of meat is also good, as it gives more taste. I don't really have a real favourite though, I just put what I like in them.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
I'd say Ceasar's salad is my favourite. A little bit of chicken to add taste, some sauce, a little cheese and just some carbohydrates as well. Quite a good balance in a healthier package than most other options.

Fun Ghoul
Reaction score
I usually go for a standard garden salad with a bit of cheese and light ranch. No tomatoes though, not a fan of raw tomato. I don't mix up the classic formula too much though.

Reaction score
I enjoy relatively plain salads the most. Ceaser is really good one. I like most anything in a salad except baby spinach.

The flavor of coffee~
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure if there's any specific salad that's my favorite, but ingredients I generally like are olives, nuts, fruit, spinach, sliced tomatoes feta cheese, goat chese, and oil-based dressings. I'm not a huge fan of cherry tomatoes, cucumber, shredded cheese, eggs, or milk/cream-based dressings.

G50

Night Owl
Reaction score
Since I don't like dressings or lettuce, I prefer fruit salads. Nice and healthy, with an assortment of my favorite fruits

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
My grandma would always make me a salad with lettuce, onion, tomato and lots of garlic that I would smother in balsamic vinegar and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Was the best :D

♡ ice reaper ♡
Reaction score
I like plain salads with lettuce that has a little crunch to it, along with egg, croutons, black olives, cheese (...LOTS of cheese), sometimes tomato, and - when it's an option - diced or sliced non-cooked onions. Mmm, I love onions. Dressing of choice is raspberry vinaigrette when possible, otherwise just buttermilk ranch.

Status
Not open for further replies.