• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freesia

At your service~
Reaction score
delicious-food-yum-Favim.com-183557.jpg

I'm a person who loves food, and I'm sure most of you do too! So as a reverence for how wonderful food is, I decided to start one big awesome super-thread dedicated to asking the community a series of questions related to food and beverages. :D

The question will be updated every week with something new so that there is always something new to talk about, and many different kinds of interesting questions will be asked. There will also be a log kept below of all the questions that have already been asked in this thread, so those of you who are late to answer a question can still answer any questions you may have missed. It's up to you!

Question of the week: 6/28/16
What are some of your favorite foods to eat for breakfast?
Question of the week: 7/5/16
Battle of the desserts: Cake or Ice Cream?
Question of the week: 7/12/16
Battle of the toppings: What do you like on your pizza?
Question of the week: 7/19/16
Do you often eat fast food? What is your opinion of fast food?
Question of the week: 7/26/16
Favorite type of barbeque?
Question of the week: 8/2/16
Would you try a bacon milkshake?
Question of the week: 8/8/16
Red or White Wine: Which do you prefer with your food?
Question of the week: 8/16/16
Favorite authentic food?
Question of the week: 8/23/16
Do you love spicy food? Have you ever had food that was too spicy? What is your favorite spicy food?
Question of the week: 9/1/16
Do you like chocolate? What is your favorite kind?
Question of the week: 9/7/16
Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter.
Question of the week: 9/13/16
Question of the week: 9/20/16
Favorite Pie.
Question of the week: 9/27/16
Favorite Fish Dish?
Question of the week: 10/05/16
What type of chocolate do you like? (take #2)
Question of the week: 10/11/16
Most random thing you ate?
Question of the week: 10/15/16
Favorite pumpkin meal on glass?
Question of the week: 11/01/16
What coffee do you usually order?
Question of the week: 11/27/16
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Question of the week: 02/24/17
What is your favorite gum flavor?
Question of the week: 04/21/17
What is your favorite desert topping?
Question of the week: 04/27/17
What would you offer to our goddess Lyrebird?
Question of the week: 05/21/17
What is your favorite Waffle? And what about your favorite Waffle Topping?
Question of the Week: 05/28/17
Do you prefer Smoothies or Milkshakes? what are your favorite flavors? and what flavor should we all definitely try?
Question of the week: 06/04/17
What is your favorite soup?
Question of the week: 06/11/17
What is that one ice cream flavor you once tried, but made sure to never try again?
Question of the week: 06/18/17
What is your favorite meat/fish for on the barbecue?
Question of the week: 06/25/17
What is your favorite Tea flavor?
Question of the week: 07/02/17
Pudding or Ice Cream, which is the better dessert?
Question of the week: 07/09/17
What is your favourite seafood?
Question of the week: 07/17/17
What is your favourite pasta dish?
Question of the week: 07/24/17
What is your favorite dipping sauce?
Question of the week: 07/31/17
What do you usually eat for lunch?
Question of the week: 08/07/17
Do you eat sandwiches? If so, what is your idea of a good sandwich?
Question of the week: 08/14/17
Do you cook? if so, how do you usually prepare your meals?
Question of the week: 08/22/17
Do you like pizza? If so, what is your ideal pizza?
Question of the week: 08/29/17
Do you like cookies? If so, what is your favorite cookie?
Question of the week: 09/05/17
Do you enjoy wings? What sauce do you like with them?
Question of the week: 09/11/17
What is the most memorable dessert that you've had? What made it special?
Question of the week 09/18/17
Do you like pancakes? How do you like to have them?
Question of the week: 09/25/17
What do you think of pumpkin spice as a flavouring? Do you like it?
Question of the week: 10/02/17
Which one do you like more? Cupcakes or Muffins?
Question of the week: 10/09/17
Have you ever loved food from a restaurant and then they changed it? What was the change and was it better or worse than what came before?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have either toast or cereal for breakfast most of the time.
Although sometimes I just buy something from a fast food shop or a bakery outdoors.

Personally, I prefer a nice bacon/egg sandwich on a fresh baguette. A store nearby is also a bakery, with super-cheap and super-delicious breads.

Bagels and lox (with New Jersey bagels, of course) is my favorite, but fresh muffins or pastries are hard to beat as well.

Generally I have homemade miso soup every morning for breakfast. Sometimes I get super-lazy about cooking, though, so I have to resort to what I call "emergency rations:" anything in the freezer. I usually make a big ol' batch of rice whenever I make rice and freeze most of it in separate portions, so those are my main emergency rations. I then make this awful-looking but delicious INSANITY out of it: defrost the rice, mix in three eggs, tamari soy sauce, dark Chinese soy sauce, a small amount of either katsuo mirin or seto fumi furikake, some aji mirin or nori komi furikake (furikake is rice seasoning made with dried seaweed (nori), sesame seeds (white, black, or both), and various other ingredients. The first two have bonito fish flakes in them), then stick it all in a microwave (I do this in a dolsot (Korean clay or stone cooking pot) so it half-cooks the eggs) and then mix it all up into a sludgy mess. ^^;; (I will never post a picture of this, that is how absolutely disgusting it looks :ROFLMAO: )

If I'm out of miso soup and rice, then it's time for other emergency rations: store-bought freezer stuff like cha shao bao (pork buns) or pork gyoza (dumplings), or any homemade things of this variety I've happened to make, like kimchi mandu. If I am out of all of these things then I defrost some ham and make a ham and cheese omelette, which is boring and is a lot more work than I want to do in the morning. Certainly not something I want to do when I've got a morning class. I'll also eat takeaway leftovers for breakfast if I've got any of that and don't have any soup made.

Bagels and lox (with New Jersey bagels, of course) is my favorite, but fresh muffins or pastries are hard to beat as well.

That has got to be one of my favorite foods! I'm from New Jersey and we do have awesome bagels! My father introduced me to lox as a kid, and I like the dill version (also known as gravlax) which we buy from costco in those thin pre-cut packaged slices, with lots of yummy cream cheese on a fresh deli poppy seed bagel. <3

Delicious delicious norwegian food. <3

That has got to be one of my favorite foods! I'm from New Jersey and we do have awesome bagels! My father introduced me to lox as a kid, and I like the dill version (also known as gravlax) which we buy from costco in those thin pre-cut packaged slices, with lots of yummy cream cheese on a fresh deli poppy seed bagel. <3

Delicious delicious norwegian food. <3

NJ bagels are definitely something. ^^ Unfortunately I don't live there, so I can't get them all the time, but whenever I visit family we get them and I swear they get better each time I visit, aha!

& Oooh, that gravlax sounds really good! :0 I'll have to try and find it the next time I go to the store. Thanks for the suggestion! (~:

As much as I love bagels, bread and I have been in a disagreement recently. It doesn't like working with my diabetes.

I actually enjoy making salmon or tuna patties for breakfast. They take less than 10 minutes to make, add a small slice of toast and some fruit to it and it works pretty well.

I'll eat pancakes or waffles sometimes with sausages and a glass of milk, lately I've been eating eggs and toast for breakfast more with juice, usually grape or apple juice. Sometimes I'll have cereal if I'm lazy that day and I don't want to wash a lot of stuff. Of course I eat a big breakfast after my morning jog, sometimes before my jog I'll have a fruit like an apple or a banana.

Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day, to be honest. xD I love bagels from the local bagel shops, but I don't buy them often! I try not to eat anything too sugary either. If I have classes, I'll have a granola bar or something ready-made that I can eat a little faster and a glass of soy milk. If I'm home or it's the weekends, I usually eat muffins, waffles or pancakes or more traditional foods like dosa or appam.

I've been thinking of making my own corn muffins so I don't have to buy them from the store anymore and it would hopefully be cheaper. :D

I don't eat breakfast much anymore, but these are my favorite things to eat when I do eat breakfast -

1) Trix, Fruit Loops, and Cocoa Pebbles Cereals
2) Bacon & Eggs. Usually with the bacon soft instead of crunchy.
3) Regular waffles with syrup
4) Regular Pancakes with syrup

I don't usually eat breakfast, but when I do, I eat waffles, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

I don't usually eat breakfast, but when I do, I eat waffles, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

He is... the most interesting @leetic in the world. :ROFLMAO:

In related news, other posts reminded me that I'm a sucker for untoasted sesame seed bagels with cream cheese. I rarely get to have them because I can't be arsed to drive to the bagel place and park in their super-small, super-insane parking lot (besides, even getting into that parking lot requires a lot of maneuvering).

For me, it would have to be a Breakfast Burrito with scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, potatoes, sour cream and chiptole sauce because I'm usually on the go. However, I also love Chocolate Chip Breakfast, Hash Browns and Oatmeal for breakfast. Actually, Hash Brown has to be my all time favorite breakfast food and it would be the only thing I would eat for breakfast.

Mmmm...now I'm thinking about breakfast for dinner...

I love eggs in the morning. Sometimes I do enjoy cereal tho. I usually wake up really early so alot of other foods just upset my stomach.

for breakfast it is boiled eggs, mashed up in a cup. A cup of tea to wash it down is a must.
Other than that there is not much else I enjoy for breakfast. I have a dislike for cereals, with the exception of porridge.

Hmm I really like sunny side up eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. If I wake up early enough to make it I like rice instead. I don't really like sugary stuff in the morning because it makes me sick but sometimes I can enjoy cream of wheat.

Question of the week: 7/5/16: Cake or Ice Cream?

I have to go with Cake because there are many different kinds of cake and I love strawberry short cake. :)

Hard question, I like them both too much :)
But since ice cream cake exists, I'll definitely go with cake. It covers everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom