• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice cream, a topic we love discussing as, well, pretty much everyone loves it!
But everyone remembers those moments when you were like "huh this flavor looks interesting... Let me take a lick... :sick:".

For me that moment was when I tried coffee ice cream, I normally don't drink coffee, and I frankly don't know why I decided to try coffee flavored ice cream, but I did and I really didn't like it. Ended up buying a banana milkshake next door instead as desert.

How about the rest of you? What is that one ice cream flavor you once tried, but made sure to never try again?

There really aren't a whole lot of flavors I dislike much less actively try to avoid. I think the only flavors I skip are ones that have tons of pieces of junk in them. Like pecan, almonds, candy chunks, cherries, and other stuff like that. All that stuff just gets too cold and its hard to chew.

We have a flavor here that's apparently called dondurma, of Turkish origin, that contains salep and mastic... yet from how we call it here I always thought it has taste similar to Turkish coffee foam (that forms at the top when the coffee is boiled). Not sure how it does that without any sort of coffee in it, in any case it's strange and I don't really like the texture and flavor. Only had it once for the experience.

So summer is coming, (for most of us) and that usually means we'll be barbecuing quite a bit.

I personally love to eat spare ribs, when I'm with my grandpa we can eat way too many haha ^^;

This weeks question is: What is your favorite meat/fish for on the barbecue?

Steaks. That's really the only thing we barbeque in my house. I'd like to try barbequeing other stuff sometime but it's kinda a pain in the arse to drag the grill out and buy charcoal just to practise (especially since around here you might melt if you're outside longer than 5min).

We only really do BBQ on Easter Day, although sometimes we get invited over to others' BBQ on a few more occasions such as Meat Thursday and some other celebrations called panigiria.

Easter Day BBQ here always includes lamb in souvla as by tradition, but we also do kokoretsi and kontosouvli which are much tastier.

I could elaborate but all you'd get is more Greek food names. This explains it well if you are further interested: Souvla - Wikipedia

For grilling in general, I always look forward to the occasional steaks my parents grill during spring and summer. Grill marks that are tasted on meats and corn are a turn off, so only a few things can I eat from a grill. Corn, Chicken, Hot Dogs, nor Bratwurst I can't eat directly from a grill.

For BBQ grill on the other hand, I love BBQ pork and beef ribs.

Slow-smoked brisket is the way to go.

So many people do it incorrectly though, and the brisket ends up dry as a result. It does take many hours to do right, but good briskets are so moist and flavorful that there is no need for BBQ sauce at all. Very, very worth.

I'm pretty fond of grilled sausage, hotdogs, and occasionally chicken. I've been meaning to try a grilled steak at some point though.

Every day when I work, I drink a ton of Tea. Why, you ask? Well, I work for an IT home service specifically aimed at the elder, and they always offer me Tea which I love drinking!

The best part about it, is that I sometimes get to try new flavors I've never had. There are so many tea flavors, it's hard for me to pick one. But I wonder if you guys can make an easy choice?

This weeks question is: What is your favorite Tea flavor?

If I had to pick one it'd be Mango flavored, I just love the smell of mango tea, and it tastes great as well. But I must say rooibos is a close second.

I love green tea and Jasmine tea. Fruit flavors in both of those are good but sometimes they are a little overpowering. Strawberry and lychee are both usually good. Milk tea is also pretty great

Milk tea is also pretty great
I haven't had milk tea since I was like 10.... I really need to have some again because it was sooo good ^^;

Green tea is really iffy for me, I first didn't like it that much, but lately I've been starting to enjoy it more... Till suddenly I got a cup which was really bad again. Green tea, at least for me, you really have to watch out with how strong you make the tea :)

For a long while I wasn't drinking lots of tea, I always preferred coffee. I'd only use hot black tea as a sickness comfort drink at times, mixed with honey.
Occasionaly I'd also have ice tea in the summer, mostly peach-flavored.

Nowadays, because of my diet, I regularly drink green tea without added sugar.

I'm not a big fan of tea. I live in like literal hell so it's really too hot here to drink tea (unless you want your insides to melt at the same time as your outsides).

I used to really like white tea though (which, IIRC, is just really young green tea leaves). Now the only tea-like substance I drink is this green tea stuff that has like milk powder in (the label is in Chinese though so I can't read what it actually is).

I don't really understand "bubble tea," cause the bubble tea I drink doesn't actually have tea in it? It's basically strawberry milk with the tapioca "bubbles" in, and comes in a can (I love that stuff though).

For hot tea, I tend to go with Mango Tea and Mint tea.

However, if we are talking about milk tea or boba, I tend to go for more fruity flavors like Strawberry Milk Tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom