• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'd have to pick one sauce I love it'd be Indonesian peanut sauce, I just love the spicy flavor.

Sometimes I love to combine it with my favorite lunch, Which is this type of bread (couldn't find an english translation, in dutch we call it "Italiaanse Bol" which literally is translated into: Italian Bread)
220px-Italiaanse_bol.jpg
with garlic butter and hagelslag (sprinkles). Usually when eating a baguette or something when out for a BBQ I replace the sprinkles with Indonesian peanut sauce... I'm getting hungry writing this and I just had some x_x;

How about you guys? This week's question is:
What do you usually eat for lunch?

Unfortunately I'm almost always at work when lunch comes around. So if I end up eating anything it's either McDonald's or Chinese. At McDonald's I almost always order some kind of chicken. At the Chinese place I get steamed rice and some kind of spicy beef.

The few lunches at home are just sandwiches. Cheese, whatever lunch meat we have, and chips if we have them.

I don't think there's a "usual" lunch that I have. When I first started working I really wasn't expecting to be there literally all day, so I usually ended up having either lunch or dinner (or sometimes both) at the Panera that is like a 2min walk from my office/lab. This is obviously terribly unhealthy so I am trying to make more of an effort to cook a large batch of SOMETHING on Sundays and just eat that throughout the week, taking it to work.

So far I've done this with ramen (homemade, not that instant stuff), japchae, and sundubu kimchi jjigae. Otherwise sometimes I'll take some leftovers of stuff that mum has made throughout the week, which is usually some kind of apanado (uh. Like, a breaded piece of steak, I dunno how you say in English). Sometimes though I'll buy these pre-cooked Korean pork and veggie dumplings at the super and just take some of those for lunch. Those are so yummy and super-easy since they are pre-cooked. You just toss some water on them, cover them with a steamer thing, and stick them in the microwave for 3min, done~

I don't have a usual lunch either. It mostly depends on where I am during lunchtime of course, although my diet has some guidelines:

When in university, it's whatever they have in the restaurant for the day, unless I just skip that and go for a quick bite at the cafeteria where I usually get a sandwich.
When with family, it's whatever has been cooked that day.
When alone, I either cook something simple like spaggheti by myself or get some kind of takeaway food.

Basically, as long as it doesn't conflict with my diet guidelines I just roll with whatever I can get.

I do not eat lunch on most days. When I do though, it is leftovers from a dinner made the previous day or a sandwich of some sort.

Either something with chicken in it or something with potatoes in it.

When I was in college, my lunch would be one of many things depending on my mood and how busy I was on any given day. During weekdays, I'd typically have turkey sandwiches on a whole wheat bagel along with either water or orange juice (a favorite of mine to drink both in general and to help counter the blandness of some of my more "boring" lunches). On more indulgent days, I'd upgrade that to either a turkey sandwich with bacon and avocado on it or a hot chicken-based sandwich on thicker and generally more delicious bread. Meanwhile, I'd often stop by places in-between classes and study sessions to pick up more indulgent lunch items for the weekend like pizza (so that I wouldn't have to waste precious weekend time buying those things) and place them in my mini-fridge for later eating.

Nowadays, what I'm able to eat for lunch is based entirely on what I can fit into my lunch hour at work... but this time I can make my own sandwiches at home instead of relying on what the local sandwich shops offer. My lunches tend to be either turkey burgers or roast beef and turkey sandwiches with avocado, all on either some form of whole wheat sandwich bread or the occasional flour tortilla. I'll also stop by the cafeteria at work on occasion where I'll usually have some salad and fruit, although I don't do this very often because multiple visits there can stack up financially pretty fast.

I have a usual lunch, but I've had a lot of wraps this week so that will do ^^;

Most kinds of lunch take too long to prepare. Why not go for a sandwich instead?

So this week's question will be:
Do you eat sandwiches? If so, what is your idea of a good sandwich?

I like sandwiches a lot actually. I'd say burgers are my all time favorite but sometimes a good turkey sandwich with hummus and sriracha on wheat bread hits the spot pretty well too. There is also PB&J. Can't go wrong there.

If only I could pick one...

Ham and cheese is great for breakfast. Adding some other sort of meat or chicken as well as some sauce and having it as a snack later in the day is also great. Not sure if burgers qualify as sandwiches, I consider them more of their own thing but I guess they technically count, so there's lots of great ones there too, particularly cheeseburgers. I could even go for a somewhat sweeter sandwich, or a club sandwich with fries.

Ooo I love sandwiches so I've got a few favorites. Chicken, cheese, and veggies on sourdough toasted together is really good. What I make most often is cheddar, ham, and some kind of chips on regular white bread. PB&J is also delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom