• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cuban sandwiches are my favourite sammich, which is roast pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard on nice squishy white Cuban bread. I love squishy white roll-type breads like Cuban bread and French baguettes.

I also like piling random cold cuts and cheeses on some bread with mustard on one side and Japanese mayo on the other. I dunno how you say in English but there's a deli meat we call "jamón de pavo" which is some kind of... probably processed turkey, but putting cheddar on that and letting it melt is pretty yummy. I like the steak sammiches and the Italian sammiches from Panera, although I do customise them quite a bit.

I like Honey Baked Ham and oven roasted Turkey on white bread, with tomatoes. Sometimes I'll have it on a sub roll, but i usually prefer very soft bread.

I don't like smoked meat, so I have to always check labels and asks restaurants if their deli meat is smoked or not.

This is a really hard question for me because I love sandwiches and I'll pretty much eat almost any kind. But if I had to choose one ultimate favorite, I'd have to cheat a little bit here and say... turkey burgers! They've been a staple throughout my life and therefore have a bit of a nostalgia factor for me, and they taste absolutely delicious with some good seasonings and a side of fries or onion rings. A very close second would be any type of turkey sandwich, especially turkey sandwiches with generous amounts of bacon or avocado in them. As far as favorite breads for my favorite sandwiches go, I use thin whole-grain sandwich buns most of the time and I like them a lot for their simplicity, but thicker and more substantial breads like sourdough bread, ciabatta bread, bagels, and flatbreads are my true favorites.

*clears throat*
*leans into mic*

the hot dog

Nothing beats a grilled cheese sandwich! It can be good when the cheese oozes out and crispens up on the edge.

I'd probably would have to go with a BLT with avocado on dutch crunch.

This week, we've got something a little different on the menu.
This weeks question is: Do you cook? if so, how do you usually prepare your meals?

I personally like to cook, but don't do it a lot yet. Although since I'll probably be moving out sometime next year I've been trying to get better. Because of that I've really been trying to cook anything I can and don't really have a 'usual' way of preparing my meals, yet.

I haaaaaaaaate cooking. Haaaaaaaaaaaate. However, people love my food so yay I guess?

I've only been cooking for like 2.5 years now. I decided I ought to learn how to cook since I'm getting married soon-ish (but shhhhhh, my boyfriend doesn't know I learned how to cook, it's a surprise~) and we do want to have children and children need to eat proper meals! :p

My favourite things to make involve beef cause I love steak. My favourite dishes to make are often soups or stews because they are easy and most of them are pretty quick to make.

I cannot live without the following cooking equipment: My giant chef's knife that's kinda fancy and cost a decent chunk of change, a large pot (I mean you could fit a gallon jug of milk in there with the jug and all pretty comfortably), a medium pot, a large pan, a small pan, cooking chopsticks, and an immersion blender for making kimchi seasoning.

I like cooking. The things I know how to make I am okay at because I experiment a lot with how to make it better. I usually mess up the first attempt at making something and learn from it ^^;

I really like making cakes and baked things though!

I don't cook very often because its just so time consuming. When I do its usually to experiment with something I've seen online. The few things I do cook more then once are rice, tamagoyaki, omurice, baked goods, and different soups/stews.

I do cook a little bit, mostly pasta (boiled), fried egg-based recipes and some meat in the oven. I make it a point to avoid the grill because I think it's a bit too hard to make things tasty off it and I'm still very inexperienced with cooking. Although I guess I won't ever really learn unless I start trying that too, but no need to go for it yet.

I cook and prefer to prepare my own meals. I don't use anything fancy. For meats, I prepare them with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce (beef only), and garlic/onion powder. Veggies are cleaned and no seasonings are used because they are cooked with the meats. Pasta is incredibly simple to prepare. Just boil it and wait for the right moment you like it prepared. I like to bake the boiled pasta with tomato sauce and any kind of Italian cheese. Breakfast consists of two eggs seasoned with salt and pepper, three strips of bacon, and toast. Nothing time consuming.

If I'm really lazy, I'll just make a turkey sandwich with mayo for lunch with chips on the side and cereal for breakfast/dessert. :ROFLMAO:

I'm a horrible cook. When I do cook something they end up looking unpleasant or taste bad. Sometimes both.

Thankfully, there are a lot of convenience food sold at a reasonable price these days, and the most they need is a few minutes in the microwave oven.

I cook maybe 2-3 times a week on average. I generally prefer how food tastes when I make it myself or if it's homemade in general, though sometimes I don't feel like cooking. I generally make pasta dishes a lot, which means a lot of working with a stove top. Sometimes I'll throw something in the oven or a slow cooker though. My dish of choice is spaghetti and meat sauce, something I've grown pretty comfortable with making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom