• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more of a muffin person, since the icing on cupcakes is often a bit more rich than I would like.

New week, new fab question!

Have you ever loved food from a restaurant and then they changed it? What was the change and was it better or worse than what came before?
How did you feeeeeeel about it

My family and I used to go to this Argentinian steakhouse rather often. Then it started to go downhill. First the service got worse, but that's not the question so I won't go into it. It eventually culminated in them either changing the cook or the recipes of stuff but they started adding a bunch of ground black pepper to literally everything. Every single steak we ordered had a bunch of black pepper on it, and even the mashed potatoes had pepper in them for some reason. I'm not a big fan of black pepper, especially not covering literally everything.

We haven't been back in a few years.

A restaurant in my hometown had chicken pie, it was very good with the old recipe; then they changed it with some pre-made ones from the store as there wasn't enough interest in it :(

Yeah. I loved this one place that served linguine with parmesan cheese. The recipe was the same for the longest time until one day they added numerous chunks of onion to it. Before the onion was chopped so small I couldn't notice it. I love the taste of onion but I hate biting into it. I couldn't eat it again because the chunks were small enough to be numerous and large enough for me to bite into and think "blech."

We have this place in my town that used to serve the best pizza. It recently got new owners, and I don't know what it is, but the pizza just isn't the same now. I can't describe it, really. I was sad about it, lf course. I loved that pizza to death.

Not really the same as just changing it up, but yeah. I don't go out to eat too often.

Oh my gosh.

So there was this awesome Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich) place that I used to back in high school with a large group of friends when I was done volunteering near by. I used to always look forward to volunteering just so I have an excuse to go there. Not only they used to have one of the best Grilled Pork Sandwiches and sides to go with it, but they had one of the best Avacado shaved ice desert that I would kill for. And it was actually fairly inexpensive. And it was a great place to get together with other club members and have meetings with.

Going back to the place after high school, the place has completely changed. The original owners no longer run the place. While the place still serve the sandwiches and avocado desert, it just wasn't as good. I noticed that the new owners didn't follow the original spirit of the food items by using cheaper items to make those dishes while raising the prices on those items. Plus, the atmosphere wasn't as inviting as I remembered it.

Thankfully, the former owners at the place has another place that's a little further up that still have the original recipes. However, they are now part of a food court which means they no longer have the inviting environment that I was used to back in high school. But hey, good on them for having a successful business to expand. And to this day, their prices are still quite reasonable.

There are times when, for one reason or another, we end up tasting food we don't like at all. So, the question I'd like to ask this week is:

What's the least favorite thing you've ever eaten?

Keep in mind that it has to do with food you are allowed to eat but just don't like (so allergies have nothing to do with this). You may also share why you had to eat it/how you ended up tasting it and so on.

Some vegan casserole my ex's mother made. I forced myself to eat the entire thing so I wouldn't offend her, but it was painful. It was the most disgusting thing I had ever eaten and this is coming from someone who hates eating onions, garlic, and cooked tomatoes, which the dish had none of. It had very little flavor yet it had this terrible aftertaste to it. I never want to eat it again. By the way, I ate this thing back in 2008 and remember it to this day. That's how gross it was.

I'm not very picky, so I can't really think of anything horrible. One time I forgot to bring my lunch to the stable, though, and so my friend shared some of their food with me. It was really nice of them, of course, but said food was a box with.. some kind of really gross, yellow soup and bony chicken. It was difficult to eat, and it didn't look very good either. I always remember to bring my lunch now, at least :p

it's a 3-way tie for me -
1) Potato Salad - Always made me gag when my mother would make it, especially when I would be forced to eat it whether I liked it or not.
2) Salisbury Steak - I remember this meat from elementary school. Was so disgusting. At least it came with Mashed Potatoes so I wouldn't go hungry
3) Meatloaf - My parents love making this dish, but the texture to me is so bad.

Rather belated, but we're back with another question!
What is your favorite foreign cuisine?
Foreign relative to where you live of course.

I'm pretty fond of Thai and Japanese. There are a few great little family places for Thai around me. As for Japanese food that's not just sushi that's a little bit harder to find but always worth it.

I love Italian, Japanese, and Mexican. =) I've always wanted to try foods native to all the Scandinavian countries. They look good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom