• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Food Thread - Question of the Week - What is your favorite type of salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newwwwww Quuuuuuuesstionnnnnnnnn zomg!!

What's the best meal you've ever made?
Was it something you've made before? Something entirely new? Something you've been trying to perfect for a long time?

I've been cooking a lot more often lately since I'm no longer living on campus, so I've gotten to try making a lot of new things that I'm pretty proud of. A few weeks ago I made some slow-cooker pulled pork that turned out really well; that one was definitely the best so far.

I make a pretty good stew and I've gotten much better at making different rice recipes. I think the best baked item I make is cookies.

Best meal I've made? I made hamburgers for my family that used slices of French bread and I added Turkey meat along with Swiss and American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and mayo. All served with a side of fries I made from peeling and slicing potatoes that was dabbed with garlic powder and flour. I was a hero that evening. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't made much, but I have made chicken burgers with spinach and toasted sesame seed buns, home-made mac & cheese (with bread crumbs and bacon), and stuffed Bell Peppers. All of which I enjoyed.

I was ridiculously pleased when I made a really nice butter chicken a few years ago. Was really proud of myself for not screwing it up, because it was something I'd managed to mess up one way or another the first three times I'd made it.

How do you know when the food is ready to eat? I have terrible sense when it comes to cooking because I always have a feeling that even if the food looks great on the outside, it could still be raw somewhere.

How do you know when the food is ready to eat? I have terrible sense when it comes to cooking because I always have a feeling that even if the food looks great on the outside, it could still be raw somewhere.

You can use a food thermometer to check that the temperature in the center of the food (usually meat) is where it should be, so you can be sure it's cooked all the way through. A lot of the time though, I just go by sight and keeping track of the time that it's been cooking when it's something I've made before.

I usually go by sight myself. If I'm uncertain though, I'll cut into the meat to see if the inside has cooked properly.

I think it would be chicken with noodles. I rarely cook, most of the things I do are somewhat simple, but there was that one time I decided to experiment with noodles, and it turned out fine, so I guess that counts.

Time for a new question!

What is your favorite type of salad?
How do you prepare it? Or do you eat it somewhere outside?

I'd say Ceasar's salad is my favourite. A little bit of chicken to add taste, some sauce, a little cheese and just some carbohydrates as well. Quite a good balance in a healthier package than most other options.

I usually go for a standard garden salad with a bit of cheese and light ranch. No tomatoes though, not a fan of raw tomato. I don't mix up the classic formula too much though.

I enjoy relatively plain salads the most. Ceaser is really good one. I like most anything in a salad except baby spinach.

Hmm, I'm not sure if there's any specific salad that's my favorite, but ingredients I generally like are olives, nuts, fruit, spinach, sliced tomatoes feta cheese, goat chese, and oil-based dressings. I'm not a huge fan of cherry tomatoes, cucumber, shredded cheese, eggs, or milk/cream-based dressings.

My grandma would always make me a salad with lettuce, onion, tomato and lots of garlic that I would smother in balsamic vinegar and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Was the best :D

I like plain salads with lettuce that has a little crunch to it, along with egg, croutons, black olives, cheese (...LOTS of cheese), sometimes tomato, and - when it's an option - diced or sliced non-cooked onions. Mmm, I love onions. Dressing of choice is raspberry vinaigrette when possible, otherwise just buttermilk ranch.

Hi everybody!
uHRvoRE.png

We have an all new (and more general) Community Question of the Week thread! If you liked this thread, you'll hopefully love this one even more. Head on over and check it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom