• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros: The Return of The Subspace Emissary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdrick

Hero
Reaction score
I know a few RPGs have scenarios like this, but...
Tabuu has been defeated. Peace has been returned to Trophy World. The Midair Stadium has been upgraded. Yet all is not as it seems...
Tabuu is not dead. The Subspace entity has absorbed the power of Crazy Hand to transform him into Tabuu 2.0. Master Hand finds his brother/enemy/thingie dead, slowly transforming into a trophy. Master Hand rushes back to Trophy World to tell the smashers...
Master Hand smashes into Kirby. The impact quarters Kirby into 4 parts, each corresponding to Smash Kirby's powers.
3 characters who lived in the shadows during Subspace's previous siege have come out, ready to fight. Fight them or fight as them.

...That's it. Here are the stages, and which fighters appear. I have a call system. When it is your stage, I will VM you, with this:
Your call for getting to Tabuu is here!
When a player is done, this message will appear:
[Smasher's name] DISMISSED!
(M)=good (Mario's symbol) (W)=bad (Wario's symbol) =NPC Foe Debut only
Mario(M)
Sonic(M)
Dark Meta Knight (W)
Pit (M)

Link(M)
Yoshi(M)
Toon Link (M)
Donkey Kong(M)
Didy Kong(M)
Shadow Bowser(W)
Fox(M)
Kyogre (boss, unplayable)
Ness(M)
Lucas(M)
Porky(boss, unplayable)
Pokemon Trainer(Mm)
Big Primid(boss, unplayable)
Falco(M)
Giant Shadow Diddy Kong(boss, unplayable)
Wolf(W)
Ivysaur(m)after battle
Charizard(m)after battle
Unown Troop x16(boss, unplayable)
Marth(M)
Ike(M)
Pikachu(M)
Dark Meta Knight(W)
ZeroSuitSamus(M)
Jigglypuff(M)
Wario(W)
Samus(M)
Ridley(boss, unplayable)
Master Hand(MH)
Kirbys(Ms)
King Dedede(M)
Luigi(L)
Bowser(W)
Gandondorf(W)
Tabuu 2.0(only playable boss)
Battle System
Characters trophyize when they hit 200%
Percentage from bosses will be calcuated from SmashWiki.
Player % is determined by battle.
Zelda and Peach aren't playable.
I call Sonic and Toon Link! You can get more than one character. Oh yeah...Meta Kinght and Bowser get responsiblity of thier other forms.
These people are taken:
Luigi
Master Hand
Fox
(Dark) Meta Knight
Ness
Falco
Kirbys
King Dedede
Link
Yoshi
Toon Link
Sonic
Captain Falcon
Ike
Marth
Pikachu

Last edited:
May I have Fox, Meta Knight, and Ness please?

All of you yes but Kyorge. He's under the catogory 'NPC foes'.
My dibs on Sonic and Toon Link are because they're my 2nd and 3rd favs, respectivly. 1st is Meta Knight, but I don't like Dark Meta Knight (this time, he looks like blue coloration of Meta Knight, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror players. Also, a description of Tabuu 2.0.

Tabuu 2.0 looks a bit like Tabuu: a blue humanoid with a single eye in the middle of the chest. However, there are a few noticable difs:
-More muscualar
-His wings are always open. However, the Off Waves have been seriously Nerfed.
-He has a gray hand with a V indent. This represents that he was using Crazy Hand's power. (on left hand)
Oh, yeah...Tabuu is an option, unlike others.
Crazy Hand barely appears in here, but he appears more often! (Like, once.)
Oh, yeah...
There is something to mention:
If you played The Subspace Emisary, you'll know Peach and Zelda make an apperance. They do have the same appearnces, but only in Midar Stadium 2.0. The same thing happens with Wario in The Ruined Zoo: however, this time he gets Lucas (support for Ness).
Do you want to know the upgrades to Midair Stadium? They are in here:
-There is a Stage Choice feature, like in VS Mode in SSB Games.
-Two ROB assistants (rebuilt in ROB's NES version's likeness) lower the character trophies and activate them.
--Therefore ROB isn't the only ROB. I don't get it.
These differences don't make a difference, but in case you wanted to know...

Last edited:
Alrighty then, I'll call dibs on Kirby and King DeDeDe, if ya'll would.

Is this also gonna be a discussion thread?

Now, yes. When RPG starts up, no.
Relization: Captian Falcon (and Olimar) aren't on the list. Completly forgot about 'em.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll switch Kyogre for Pokemon trainer. Does that mean I get Charizard, and Ivysaur?

After you battle them, yes. If you played SSE, you'll know that has to happen there (or if you read Red's article on Bulbapedia).
Oh, yes:
Site for a random number generator wanted!
Why?
Final Smashes!
Like anothor SSB RPG I read, the Final Smash is customizable. However, it must either be like/the Final Smash from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or be based on a previous experience or a move or both of the latter.
For example:
Mario Final Smash A: Super Mario Finale (Two blasts of fire twist around, damaging all foes.
Mario Final Smash B: Mega Jump: Mario jumps on a near character, repeatedly until the foe reaches 75% damage.
(Note: You're character can't have two Final Smashes)
The number generator is for deciding if there will be a Final Smash, and for whom. The player who has the most damage goes first and gets a boost (ie: 55/100 vs. Smasher and 50/100 vs. Tabuu 2.0, Porky, or Kyorge), then the one who has the least damage goes second (ie: 50/100 vs. Smasher and 45/100 vs. above bosses). Tabuu 2.0 also has a 'Final Smash' like attack, however it has a 40/100 chance of appearing. He has 'Off Wave Blast', which is similar to his 'Off Waves' attack in SSE (after Sonic Spin Dashed=o the dude).
For my Final Smashes:
Sonic: Super Sonic grind: Sonic transforms into Super Sonic. He grabs the nearest player, smashes into them, and then grinds into them (like his Down Throw, smashers). 149%
Toon Link: Triforce Sword: He slashes with great power, the Triforce powering his sword. 120% (a bit more when facing Gandondorf).

Last edited:
I will take Link and Yoshi, both who are beast.

And if characters aren't on the list, could we make a sign-up for them?

Except for 3: Olimar (you'd be wasting turns plucking Pikimin), Zelda and Peach. Remember: they'd have to be Smashers.
I'm goin to remove the list, seeing as how this could change...Ice Climbers and Lucario are gettin in!

If you mean you want Lucas, yes. LUCAS! (Uh, you mean the guy from Mother 3, right?)
Anyway... everyone is ACCEPTED. I will ditch the Final Smash idea (I feel like it), but Tabuu can 'charge' his Off Waves. Oh, yeah...he needs 300%. (This might takes a while, but eh, we're using all the Smashers).
Remember, the story kind of depends on if you win or lose, or some choices (Wario can try to get Lucas or Ness, but I prefer Lucas. I just kind of like Ness better.) Also, the Dedede badges (little things that have Dedede's face on them) may return. Again, it is up to the Dededeer if he chooses to make and give them (even if it's only to one person so they can revive the rest.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom