• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

Oh and just in case people get on my ass for not having this up 5 minutes, it's going to take time I'm afraid <3

3/4 Phase Votals
Last edited:
Votals

Soulmaster - 4 (TheCapsFan, leetic!, Reiji, HumanDawn)
Kaiveran - 2 (Reiji, Soulmaster)
neopest - 1 (FinalArcadia)

I apologise for the error in the Day 1 post. The phase ends at 9pm CDT, not 2pm (it's 2pm AEDT during the next day for me, hence my confusion). As such, there are 9.5 hours left in the phase.

Just to let you know that you have me in here twice - I'm currently voting Kaiveran :)

Do you still have somewhat of a scumlean on me?

Doing this in the order I saw them, so things may change a little throughout, as you asked I'll provide my final read etc at the end. At the point of the above message, I am of the same stance as I initially mentioned.

I've been trying to get threads of discussion started with FA and RJ but so far neither seems to be biting.

I've responded to every point as I see fit, I don't recall anything really further than that being needed to be discussed. You've mostly asked single-answer questions or hounded me (and tbh offended me a little) regarding activity. I'm here and willing to fight, gimme something to discuss proper and I will.

I explained what trustfalls are in my last post (and shouldn't you be familiar with these anyway, since you played with the Syndicate gang) and hedging is refusal to commit to a stance while still talking about it (e.g. "x could be scum indicative, but it also could be town indicative, so I would like to see more from this person")

I know this isn't directed at me but you've been doing this a LOT. There's this energy of well you will remember/you know/you do X and therefore why doesn't every other player? I don't really like this at all, it gets a bit obnoxious at times and I don't know what this is doing that's better than just, ya know, explaining what someone asked?

Interesting. So aside from the inactives, HD still has yet to vote. Although there's no reason to townread him, I don't really like the SM wagon at the moment, nor the fact that the biggest wagon is on basically a no-show. If Kai is bad, eir partner has been reluctant to defend them (or is SM lol). I'd also like NP's reasons for still having her vote on HD.

I am intrigued by this, because you are someone that's been advocating scum!SM a LOT. Also regarding the defence... I think D1 scum would be reluctant to avidly defend their partner, lest it just shows up when that player reveals as scum on lynch. Especially with the amount of insight shown by some players here, as well as tenacity of getting info out of them, I can see people ditching partners and distancing themselves here more than them trying to defend them at this point.

You did play with multiple members of the Syndicate in a game I hosted, and even posted a trustfall there

Read earlier point about trying to not expect everyone to be at the same point as you.

SM's "catchup" is mostly responding to posts directed at him and repeating everybody else's reads at the end

I did have a read through and I 100% agree here. I feel there's somewhat something lacking in it considering the conversations around him, but I'll be touching more on SM later.

It;s also worth noting that SM's reads are almost exactly the same as FA's aside from their disagreement on Caps

It is, but unsure on right now whether it can be something used for/against him. I think this is better pocketed as knowledge for the later game; right now it could be scum trying to blend in with a more townie player, but then it could just be that genuinely they are sharing the same thoughts.

This reason is literally just "inactive=scummy"

So it's almost exactly the same reads as FA but a disagreement on Caps, yet this is different to what FA has said? Not that I entirely disagree with the statement, just that I want to know which of your two statements you stand by more.

Not letting you off the hook either, what do you actually like about SM's post? Were you only impressed by how big it seems and only skimmed through it? Because that post does not feel genuine at all

Again, I have to agree here and I will see if Caps did respond and analyse that, otherwise I would like to see what Caps has to say on this matter.

Just realised I forgot the actual important bit

leetic I have to put as a townlean for now due to the continued pressure and aggression throughout the game and seeing how some of those players are folding under it, I am getting more town vibes than not. However it is sometimes hard to discern because there is so much to wade through, so my natural fear and instinct of CWAC and therefore scum vibes do kick in...

But like I said, townlean until something comes up to show me otherwise.

Ngl, these posts are long so I'm pretty much just skimming most of what I missed.

But leetic you are wrong. There is nothing hedgey about my statement there. The flow of the thread was that HD showed up, was kind of scummy, I voted there to pressure him. You asked me why my vote was still on there, I said I saw no reason to change it at that current point in time which was true. You are misrepresenting it as me saying I solely voted HD because no one else was around which was not the case. I said there might be people scummier than HD but I see no reason to pressure them with a vote if they are not in the thread or playing the game and at the time I placed my vote HD very much was. It's simple town tactics.

And I am prone to scumreading people who scumread me, but FA's vote is just bad for a multitude of reasons. They're saying they disagree with me the most, but having read all of their posts there's really not much we actually disagree on at all because most of FA's posts are lacking in any actual content or pushes. They are also misrepresenting me heavily here by saying my post count is inflated because they were not "game related enough" and then quotes posts in which I give actual in-game reads or was responding to questions someone asked me on page one of a game.

Saying I was also not involved with the drama is just a lie. I commented multiple times on HD and leetic's argument and DawningWind and leetic's own conversation whereas they themselves said absolutely nothing on it and kept posting reads that had nothing to do with anything actually going on. Furthermore they said there was no reason for me to unvote HumanDawn and no indication that I would when actually previous to unvoting I said there were some things I could see about HD that made him town, in fact they even quoted the post in which I said that! Not to mention the fact that I had already said multiple other people were on my radar. It's just a very bad faith argument imo.

Also my reads should be obvious from reading the thread. I'm feeling good about leetic and Reiji town (Reiji maybe a bit less so, but still strongly), DawningWind light town now after reviewing their posts and liking their reads list and I think I'm coming around to a HD town world because he does seem different from the games I've seen him wolf in. For a POE it's Kai/FA/SM/Caps and from those four I think Kai and FA are the scummiest.

Vote: FinalArcadia

Can call this an "OMGUS" but I have a hard time seeing this come from a good place. People have tried to engage with them multiple times and they have pretty much brushed most of it off as well as misrepresented me. I actually wouldn't mind hearing someone else's thoughts on their "case" just to get a sanity check, but I'm coming around to this just being scum. Even from our first interaction it did not seem like they were open to interacting with me in a way that suggests that they were trying to solve my alignment and this is apparent with the progression of me pointing out some issues I had with their first post and them immediately attempting to shade me/push on me without even trying to see where I was coming from. I don't know how experienced FA is at the scum role, but this is something I see a lot of novice wolves do because it's easy.

The rest of your trustfalls are fine but this one stands out to me. What made his earlygame strong, and what about that is missing from his later posts?

The main thing that stands out about HD to me is the fact that he was clearly unconcerned about what I thought about him. What do you think about that?
Hm, good question. HD is always hard to read for me, but I think his early game posts followed together more logically and I think the Awaaaaaaards post essentially being unprompted GTH reads looks good in hindsight from a content perspective. His later posts yesterday seem more reactionary, he would post something and then read something a few posts down which answered his question, so a lot of those posts don't contribute as much IMO.

NAI. HD gonna HD, he don’t give a shit about what people think.

Hedgy, interesting he felt the need to throw a townlean there despite not doing so for HD. If SM flips scum, that would increase my suspicion of NP.
I would agree that the Neo read to me seems the weirdest of SM's readslist; it's an unprompted townlean based on literally no thought, should have been a nullread.

Not letting you off the hook either, what do you actually like about SM's post? Were you only impressed by how big it seems and only skimmed through it? Because that post does not feel genuine at all
Yeah, I would say that I'm more impacted by the size of Soulmaster's contributions since being under pressure than the actual content. To be honest, throughout the very long time I've been playing mafia with Soulmaster, I don't think I've ever seen Soulmaster put as much effort into creating a decent sized post when under pressure. I agree with you on a reread that they do sheep quite a bit. Was tired and heading to bed when he posted, so didn't really have a lot of time to look through his reads more thoroughly.

I feel uneasy about votes on Soulmaster in every game I am in. To me it could always be an easy lynch because Soulmaster is just... generally not too helpful so it makes him an easy mislynch target, which is more often the case because of the likelihood of randing Town more often. Nothing has screamed out of the ordinary for me about Soulmaster in terms of effort - I feel that my worries about Soulmaster come more from being in the PoE based on overall reads than his behavior.
This is another reason why I unvoted him after his post. He can be an easy mislynch since his contributions aren't always as strong as others, so I'm afraid of the wagon becoming inflated too much too early, especially given that there's a lot of people in this game who don't have a lot of experience with Soulmaster. Now that he's shown that he's willing to contribute to a greater extent than what I'm used to, I'm more willing to read him for his content rather than his behavior. Does that make sense?

And I am prone to scumreading people who scumread me, but FA's vote is just bad for a multitude of reasons. They're saying they disagree with me the most, but having read all of their posts there's really not much we actually disagree on at all because most of FA's posts are lacking in any actual content or pushes. They are also misrepresenting me heavily here by saying my post count is inflated because they were not "game related enough" and then quotes posts in which I give actual in-game reads or was responding to questions someone asked me on page one of a game.
I disagreed on your read on DawningWinds, on HumanDawn, on the way you read the interactions between Human/TheCapsFan. I hadn't agreed with any of your votes in the game. My vote right now is a push, one that isn't parroting other people as in fact I think you are townread more than anything else. Saying my posts lack content is just not accurate. Every single post of mine has contained at least some game-relevant content (i.e. none are solely jokes or saying that I'll be back or something). It may not be content that is as aggressive as other players, but not everyone is going to post that way.

I never said that you didn't post relevant content at all. You have, I even noted some posts that were solid in reasoning, even if I didn't agree with them. What I'm saying is that I recall you coming up when on the topic of post counts and activity, but as I showed, some of the early stuff was not relevant.

Saying I was also not involved with the drama is just a lie. I commented multiple times on HD and leetic's argument and DawningWind and leetic's own conversation whereas they themselves said absolutely nothing on it and kept posting reads that had nothing to do with anything actually going on. Furthermore they said there was no reason for me to unvote HumanDawn and no indication that I would when actually previous to unvoting I said there were some things I could see about HD that made him town, in fact they even quoted the post in which I said that! Not to mention the fact that I had already said multiple other people were on my radar. It's just a very bad faith argument imo.
I acknowledged that you reacted to leetic/HD, but it was mostly saying the interaction didn't move the needle. To be fair, we may have different definitions of what "getting involved in drama" entails, but commenting on it isn't the same as interfering IMO and is frankly what most people have done so far in this game, commenting on things but not directly getting involved between two players. That's why I found it a bit hypocritical to say people like me and Kai aren't getting involved.

The only time I saw you mention that HumanDawn had some points in his favor for town was in regards to some scumteam speculation on how mafia might be hanging back, which I quoted. That was the only time that I could find before the unvote, and this may be a difference in playstyles, but having other people on the radar and not voting them after unvoting to at least get them talking (even if not present at the time) doesn't make much sense to me. But on that point, I do concede that it could be a disagreement in style.

CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK O'TEXT, sorry folks but I think other than Kai who's going into a separate post, I have mostly caught up now.

I'm here and reading but I'm quite distracted so my thoughts might not be as expanded on as they could be, but for Kai and FA in particular I've felt like they've lacked a certain kind of conviction behind their reads, but even more notable is the fact that I feel out of all the players in the games they have engaged in the "drama" the least and have had the least amount of commentary on it.

With regards to Kai, I 100% agree. With FA, I 100% do not at the time of this post. If anything sticking your oar out and reading the game as FA has is definitely getting into the drama, just because they're not challenging/confronting others involved doesn't mean they're not part of it. Otherwise, it puts you I think in a similar at this point to them. Kai however I feel, as much as ey are a bit behind in the game, is definitely lacking that conviction in eir content.

I actually think it's way more common for wolves to lie low in these situations than to intercept. If they were to intercept it usually also involves some kind of TMI defense on one or both of the players (if they both so happen to be town) but really every single interception I've seen in this game so far has lead to people scum reading others even more. If you think about it, it makes sense too. A wolf has no real reason to intervene in order to make people look even worse, but a wolf struggling with TMI or who is feeling pocket-y might feel the need to defend a town in these sorts of situations.

As for the second half it has more to do with how HD and Caps interacted in that it seemed unnatural from both sides. HD pushed Caps but in an extremely lazy way that could potentially be TMI-ish if Caps were to flip wolf. Caps on the other hand had an overwhelming reaction to HD's suspicions on him compared to other players.

A stance I generally agree on with scum (as I already mentioned to leetic), scum rn don't really want to be intercepting TOO hard lest it's just caught up during the next day phase. An interesting take on the HD/Caps situation and I think has kinda nailed what concerns I had about it - Caps especially IDK dealt with that in a way I didn't overly expect, but well it's worked as the votes currently don't lie with him.

Ngl, these posts are long so I'm pretty much just skimming most of what I missed.

But leetic you are wrong. There is nothing hedgey about my statement there. The flow of the thread was that HD showed up, was kind of scummy, I voted there to pressure him. You asked me why my vote was still on there, I said I saw no reason to change it at that current point in time which was true. You are misrepresenting it as me saying I solely voted HD because no one else was around which was not the case. I said there might be people scummier than HD but I see no reason to pressure them with a vote if they are not in the thread or playing the game and at the time I placed my vote HD very much was. It's simple town tactics.

Note Neo's change in attitude on their return as of this post ^. My thoughts however:

More challenge, yay! This is a concise yet strong post and I feel that this isn't a challenge against someone leading conversation like leetic done out of fear or anything, just that Neo is wanting to set things straight and I like that. The explanation makes sense (and tbh I agree that leetic I think is throwing around the word "hedgy" a lot in very different situations, almost like a buzzword) and I feel this would be an odd person and challenge for scum to make at this point in the game? This definitely bumps Neo up the town list for me.

As someone in the same situation as you, totally get it. Like I said earlier, I feel that you were both at a similar point during that phase of the game you were both interacting with the "drama" at a similar level, so I do find FA's response regarding this a little weird (more on that later), but I again have to disagree that FA has been lacking in content or pushes for that matter. BUUUUUT I do have to agree that some of the posts they deem as not game related simply aren't.

There is definitely an OMGUS tint to your reasonings behind the FA vote so I think perhaps things have been blown out of proportion a bit, but I can understand and appreciate why you have done so.

Interesting because RJ and NP do have a fair amount of similarites, the only two players they seem to significantly disagree on are me and you oddly enough. I feel her point about scum being more likely to lay low is fair from someone who is from a community where a very high level of activity is common, scum laying low was definitely happening in our last game together. I would like if you could follow up on your last sentence though.

For the sake of me not having to delve into the past posts even more and try to draw this, what similarities? Also using last game meta kinda eh imo, because well, players can change. I do like here though that you did ask for a follow-up, no chance for escape!

I like the initiative of this read on Kai. I think Kai has done a good job flying under the radar this game, but posting enough and producing thought out content when ey need to, to avoid much suspicion. I would say the same can be said of Neo.

Big agree regarding Kai, even up to now I think a lot of stuff is there for the sake of being there, not seen anything wholly that makes me think I should remove my vote from them.

I admit I don't think I fully read Reiji's read on Kai, either, but I know they voted them - I will have to go back and take a look at that. At the time I just chocked it up to OMGUS, but didn't really care because I felt it was overall a good intro post.

Actually insulted by this, Caps to be voted out immediately for not reading all my fabulous posts.

Have an example: I would have liked to ISO the entire game prior to my vote on Soulmaster, but I've spent so much damn time and energy this day defending myself from your constant attacks that I just haven't had time to do so. It feels like I'm just saying the same stuff over and over again at this point and I would like to move on. I can understand where DawningWinds, through your heavy pressure on him, would have a difficult time reading through the rest of the thread's posters and forming opinions on them. When the pressure was shifted from him to me, he was able to do so and provided a thorough reads list. It's not so much as the idea really had any influence on my thought process regarding Dawning, as when he did produce content I still found some of it iffy.

That being said, I do concede that your pressure on him did showcase his thoughts on a number of players, something that you haven't really pushed me to do at all and that I've provided separate from our dialogue. So, in hindsight, I would say that your pressure on Dawning was, overall, productive.

It was early D1, it is completely reasonable to address both of your behaviors separately from each other. I don't try to look for possible teams or solve the entire game D1, I look for stuff that pings me and I comment on it, in hopes that eliminating someone due to their scummy behavior will result in them flipping scum. I also don't really like thinking of things in black and white D1, I think it's much more productive to think of things in terms of "would elim today" vs "would not elim today" since nothing has been proven factual yet in terms of alignment.

Which reminds me, you gotta cut it with this whole "your reads must be one or the other" thing that you've been targeting me with this phase. Just because I'm calling out a single thing that you did that pinged me doesn't mean I'm scumreading you. If I was scumreading you, I'd say as such.

Alignments are the only things in this game that are in black and white. Reads are made on a spectrum and fluctuate as such. Me saying one thing that pings me about you does not a scumread make.

Exactly!!!! Especially D1 when nobody has flipped yet.

This whole segment vs. leetic I LOVE. Unfortunately it makes my read on leetic a bit harder 'cause this is all completely valid. But then again it is mostly just about leetic hounding you and their somehwat haphazard reading... hm.

I have got a bit more but I need to pop out for a bit now, so it will have to wait.

I agree that it's more than what you are used to, but what do you think of his actual reads and votes?
I've already said that the neopest read is the most odd to me. DW read is solid. Read on me is a bit confusing, says I'm "still a scumlean" but didn't really allude to me being a scumread before that point. FA read is fine. Reiji read is weird for the last sentence, I agree with you on that. Kai read is barebones, would have liked more explanation on this one, especially since he voted Kai later. HD read is fine. Leetic read feels like he should have a little bit more, especially given how much leetic has put him interchangeable with me at the bottom of his townlist.

Overall, all of them are just generally lacking in depth. It's good that he's willing to put forth the effort to do a list like this, but I want more.

I also think it's odd that Caps jumps from seemingly interested in said meta context (#105) to dismissive of it (#111).
I see you, I see you. leetic had pushed the notion a couple of times that they were guttowning neo based on some offsite game, so yes I was interested in that. However I don't think it's right to antagonize someone because they don't know how/don't want to spend the time to ISO an unrelated game. I would say that my overall position on meta is that it can be useful, but nothing is more useful than the context and behavior of players in the current game.

Guessing that Kai is going to have to suck it up and skim the rest of the game today if ey want to catch up before the end of the day. It's a shame, I would like to see eir take on the back-and-forth between myself and leetic.

Okay, after reading everything I'm just gonna

VOTE: Soulmaster

The only slot I feel... any confidence in lynching. Everyone else I feel I can give some benefit of the doubt for their worst, but Soulmaster's reads were ehh, and while I don't expect much from their reads in general, they don't usually come off so weak and odd. My biggest gripe here is their vote on Kaiveran has like 0 reasoning which makes it look half-assed and more like trying to take the heat off them rather than a genuine attempt at trying to solve the game. Went for the easy vote for reasons which have no backing up them for what actually makes Kaiveran scum.

@leetic! i'm heading out but i will try to do a trustfall on my phone when i have the time... there are Christmas logs for me to eat!!
HumanDawn votes Soulmaster and peaces out. I think that after seeing his recent posts, there's enough unique perspectives there to warrant me putting him in the "not willing to lynch today" category.

ISO and more explanation will come in the next half hour.
Admitting the Kai vote was a vote now, justify later vote is not a good look IMO.

Well, this ISO didn't really help nearly as much as I thought it would. But here we are. I am sticking with my vote on Kai. There was something about all of the posts that I (apparently) can't really explain that put me off. I loathe the inactivity=scum and my brain doesn't really correlate the two unless it's severe inactivity in which case not a scum lynch more of a "you're not helping" lynch. But that's not really what I see here (inactivity wise).
Posts seems to be small responses to others (which I suppose is most of what I've done as well, crap). A couple have been hiding? behind different site cultures and talking about that, which is valid but not something that I like either. So sorry, turns out the ISO didn't really help but I'm not going to change my gut feeling until I get good reason otherwise.
The part I dislike about the ISO here is that the only post that you really call out as scummy was the one post that was made after you initially voted Kai. Thus further admitting that the initial vote was just ~vibes~. I feel like it's way too late at this point to just be voting someone based off ~vibes~. You do mention that a lot of their posts are filler, but I don't think that Kai has necessarily been CWAC - their posts seem to contain relatively genuine takes on players based on the point of time in which they are reading the thread.

I don't see where the HumanDawn case came from. I don't remember seeing any suspicion on HD from neopest before this, and they say that the interactions with leetic don't move the needle, but I don't know what that means? To me, that sounds like it doesn't affect their read, but then they go on to eventually vote Human for his interactions with TheCapsFan, which happened very suddenly with the tinfoil theory that they could be a scumteam. And again with kind of moving off of leetic's thoughts on the subject.
This is the most compelling part of your ISO. I want to add by saying I think it's particularly odd that Neo seemed to be scumreading HD through a possible partnership with me? If that's the case, I don't understand why HD would receive the primary attention and vote and not myself, since the HD read seems to be built on the assumption we are partners. Logically speaking, I would expect Neo to have scumread me first, yet, Neo never explicitly gave me a scumread; he called my approach on DawningWinds odd, but there was no explicit read.

I have not really considered Neo too much so far, and had written them off for today, but on a second look I do find this weird.

Basically, if SM flips bad, FA and NP would be my exact PoE.
I'd maybe put also HD in that PoE too based on SM's reads. I get the fact that people wouldn't put me and SM together on a scumteam because of the big show I made of not reading him, but SM didn't really do the same thing when not reading HD... he just didn't, in a way that doesn't really draw a ton of attention. I think a quiet null is something a fair number of people give their scumbuddies D1.

This is another reason why I unvoted him after his post. He can be an easy mislynch since his contributions aren't always as strong as others, so I'm afraid of the wagon becoming inflated too much too early, especially given that there's a lot of people in this game who don't have a lot of experience with Soulmaster. Now that he's shown that he's willing to contribute to a greater extent than what I'm used to, I'm more willing to read him for his content rather than his behavior. Does that make sense?
I can see the sense in that, but I've managed to Town read Soulmaster on a lot less willingness, where here I don't feel any reason to Town read him.

So this post is decent. Early on is mostly meta talk, which on early D1 is about all you can talk about. Latter bit and it seems as mostly gut reads, which again at this point should be expected. However, one is written as an aside which I'm not a fan of but so be it.

Ah the GTH post (aside from me, what on earth does GTH actually stand for?). Not much to say here.

Pressure vote on a 0-poster. They say they like doing this, and is a normal tactic in games so not really alignment indicative.

Oh that's the status stalk message I remembered. Comment about the 2 0-posters possibly being wolves. Sure it's possible, but unlikely at least that both are. Having 1 in the pair of the two (conveniently mentioned at the end of their post) might not be bad, especially because both of those aren't favorites on the town side. But nothing of this is new nor adds anything other than odds to the game, which it seems early to go for good odds.

Filler catching up post, ignore.

Oh a response to a question about the last substance post. Seems halfway backtracking but fine.
Another mention of our shared game, I am personally ignoring that but others take what you will.
Speculation about a indep/3rd party. Agree, survivor most likely, even if that was the most common indep on this site back years ago (no idea if the culture has changed since then). Nothing that even tries to forward the game really in this post.

Another filler, yay. (this is sarcasm, because saying that it is seems to be needed these days).
Is excuse for being inactive, which is totally fair, foodservice can be unpredictable.

This is actually something. Slightly more talk (throughout) about the online thingy. Moving on from that because that's old news.
Talk about a few people openers. Namely, the 2 people they pegged as 0-posters earlier. Which is they are now looking at why they might not be or be. Slight town lean on Caps, which is against most of the thread but whatever. Reiji-response, doesn't really tell us anything. They try to beef it up by making it itemized and look fancy, but it's nothing more than a bunch of "yeah sures".
Oh neo opens up with a good point. Yay?
From what I know of HD, and from what I'm learning about Leetic, that seems to track.

Well, this ISO didn't really help nearly as much as I thought it would. But here we are. I am sticking with my vote on Kai. There was something about all of the posts that I (apparently) can't really explain that put me off. I loathe the inactivity=scum and my brain doesn't really correlate the two unless it's severe inactivity in which case not a scum lynch more of a "you're not helping" lynch. But that's not really what I see here (inactivity wise).
Posts seems to be small responses to others (which I suppose is most of what I've done as well, crap). A couple have been hiding? behind different site cultures and talking about that, which is valid but not something that I like either. So sorry, turns out the ISO didn't really help but I'm not going to change my gut feeling until I get good reason otherwise.

----Other stuff time
Leetic mentioned something about my reads ending up being most of the same ones as the thread. Okay, sure possible for being s sheep, or maybe it's because I read the same things others did and jump to most of the same conclusions? Almost like mafia players tend to think the same a lot and will come to the same conclusions. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. Such a novel breakthrough. I know me saying I was typing those as I came across things and not paying huge attention to what others have said won't help me but here I am saying it anyways. Sue me.
Well... I'm not convinced lol.

Do you have anything other suspicions?

• leetic: interesting stuff. I tend to agree that leetic seems overly pushy compared to my prev. experience but I think we kinda meld here on the point that, if it IS something scummy, it's the type of scummy that requires a level of extraversion and consistency that's hard to maintain if fake.
  • Soulmaster: not much else to say on this subject currently (we'll see if this changes in future pages). understandable position but nothing to glean here I think
  • FinalArcadia: this item in particular is a bit weird to me because the concluding line is very similar to that of the leetic analysis, but I don't see much similar. What specifically do you think might bite a scum!FA D2, do you say?
  • neopest: I'm gonna trust you on the "pressure active players" tell. I guess I would slightly townlean neo at this point but I'll say again, I don't think limiting the scope of our engagement at this point really helps.
  • DW: drawing a blank on this, I guess I can mostly concur but eh
  • HD: similar to above
Reiji-response, doesn't really tell us anything. They try to beef it up by making it itemized and look fancy, but it's nothing more than a bunch of "yeah sures".
Oh neo opens up with a good point. Yay?
I'd there are a couple questions and comments that are okay but I agree overall the Reiji response is very inflated in length, it could definitely be shortened to basically "I mostly agree with your read, but I have a couple comments on these people." And I also like the point about you make Kai hiding behind site culture, ey's been doing that as well.
That said. I don't like that you acknowledge that you're case on em is fairly minimal and continue pushing em. If you admit the actual case you're building is not great- and this might sound hypocritical after my Reiji push- then I feel like maybe you could try and look for something better for your vote.

This is where I think things get suspicious. I don't see where the HumanDawn case came from. I don't remember seeing any suspicion on HD from neopest before this, and they say that the interactions with leetic don't move the needle, but I don't know what that means? To me, that sounds like it doesn't affect their read, but then they go on to eventually vote Human for his interactions with TheCapsFan, which happened very suddenly with the tinfoil theory that they could be a scumteam.
This is a good point.

Calls out people who have not been involved in thread "drama" as potential mafia holding back and watching town implode, but was also not involved in the drama herself either. It's a bit hypocritical, and I think in general that neopest has presented as if she's given more content in the game than has actually happened, personally
Eh. I feel like neo's given a fair bit of content, even seeing your analysis. But yeah, she's definitely been pretty uninvolved in the drama so I would still agree with your point that it's a fairly hypocritical push.

Soulmaster - 3 (TheCapsFan, leetic!, HumanDawn)
I'm voting SM.

Back
Top Bottom