• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

Now, a more up to date list from least to most likely to be NP's partner:

DW
Caps
RJ
Kai
HD

I didn't go through DW's interactions yet, but wolves don't thunderdome with each other in -yLo when they're so far ahead. I'd like to talk with the other four before making a decision, but HD is the only one who after looking through their ISO I saw nothing that couldn't have or was very unlikely to have come from a partner. Of the other three, Kai looks the worst based on NP's ISO. Of course, there is a remote possibility that NP is town, but either way I would win so I'm not really concerned with that.

Alright, gonna look through my last game with NP. I'll quote everything where she mentions or interacts with her partners (they are JaggedJimmyJay, MacDougall, and Esooa).

anne post_id=869809 time=1637627982 user_id=1005 said:
cassandra post_id=869802 time=1637627869 user_id=1004 said:
on leetic, P#163 felt like a very relatable mindset - the "yeah i get you but i've seen him as maf and he doesn't feel off as maf" is something that struck a chord with me because i can sometimes be suspicious of people for being "off" of what i suspect and am wrong at least 50% of the time, so it at least felt like a villagery mindset

does that mean there's a 50% chance JJJ is town?

anne post_id=869837 time=1637628481 user_id=1005 said:
JaggedJimmyJay post_id=869836 time=1637628439 user_id=402 said:
ilartic
cassandra
Lime Coke

The shade of green is irrelevant, just call it "green"

serious question: why am i not on there?

anne post_id=869855 time=1637628846 user_id=1005 said:
JaggedJimmyJay post_id=869848 time=1637628725 user_id=402 said:
anne post_id=869837 time=1637628481 user_id=1005 said:
JaggedJimmyJay post_id=869836 time=1637628439 user_id=402 said:
ilartic
cassandra
Lime Coke

The shade of green is irrelevant, just call it "green"

serious question: why am i not on there?

Your posts haven't made me feel much of anything to this point. If you would like a green skittle, I am always eager to provide them. But you need to help me out mkay. Why is Anne a green skittle?

i feel like im obvious town and it's not really up to me to help other people see that. like, i have no reason to appeal to you or towncase myself at this point in the game. it was just an observation that i'm extremely townie and yet still not on this list.

anne post_id=869865 time=1637629061 user_id=1005 said:
look, im not telling everyone to townread me right away. that's not what this is about. i get some people have either no prior experience with me or just simply aren't reading my posts. in fact, ive only played one game with JJJ, but i do feel from an objective standpoint i am extremely townie and out of wolf range, so for JJJ to be making up these convoluted reasons to TR everyone else on that list but not me is just a feelsbadman moment

anne post_id=869900 time=1637629971 user_id=1005 said:
and ftr, i still do fully believe im super townie. i don't often have town games like this. call it extra or whatever you'd like, but it's how i feel. i questioned JJJ on why he townread those people and not me because I felt his reasons were a little reach-y, even for early day 1. i usually expect people early day 1 to have town reads on minor points, but his explanations felt bloated. i also thought if someone were to townread me, it would be for a micro moment.

anne post_id=869920 time=1637630389 user_id=1005 said:
JaggedJimmyJay post_id=869915 time=1637630256 user_id=402 said:
Anne demanding my fealty while being suspected to some extent by folks that know her better than I do is a curiosity.

Anne what are your immediate views of the EM people?

i don't want to say because im still working on it

i tentatively have LC as town and that's it. i think ilario could be town, but mostly because of leetic. cass/alexa i am waiting to see what she does, it could go either way. i am waiting to see if she does something specific and then i might have a better idea.

anne post_id=870496 time=1637693942 user_id=1005 said:
cassandra post_id=870495 time=1637693868 user_id=1004 said:
anne post_id=870490 time=1637693711 user_id=1005 said:
can someone give me a scumread. as in write a scumread for me that i can use and vote on.

Mac's posts did nothing to me and felt like he was struggling to generate content

JJJ feels distinctly off - his posting isn't bad but lacks the town leadershipness. i think he's either mafia or some PR trying to survive

NAA feels less towny than last game though admittedly my eyes glazed over when i read a lot of their posts

there u go

---

also i just remembered MR's entrance felt kinda towny.

okay. im gonna go reread Mac and NAA posts since i didn't really get to read those in-depth.

anne post_id=872235 time=1638029763 user_id=1005 said:
Okay, first of all it's impossible for me to engage with this thread when the majority of conversation happens at like 3 AM. Second of all, imma need you to take your votes off of me because it don't make no sense. I was distracted during the previous EOD and I actually went back and reread everything I missed from that, but unfortunately you guys posted up a storm today and I won't be at all re-reading that because it's too much.

So with that I say that we need to stop clearing everyone for "claims". Roles were randed before alignments in the setup so mafia could theoretically have any roles available to them. This isn't important to my point because I don't FOS anyone who has an open claim rn idt, but something to keep in mind. Second of all, I want Nutella to explain why she pushed me when I was not around and apparently continues to do so just based on my skimming? JJJ was extremely reluctant to TR me for a reason, because he knows I am town. Now if I had to guess, JJJ probably was townreading at least one of his buddies. I'd need to go back and reread his posts though to figure out exactly who he was townreading to begin with though.

Also iaafr keeps trying to shove me into a POE with NAA. We can't be teamed so you need to get over that, already your POE is flawed. The reason me and NAA can't be teamed is that if he were my partner I would not buss him and leave my vote up on him like that as mafia ever, it just doesn't happen. I am already anti-bussing to begin with, but I would not miss EOD as wolf knowing it's possible a partner goes over and do nothing to stop. Which is already a point in my favor why I can't be mafia with JJJ, but I acknowledge his wagon formed rather quickly so it doesn't really "count".

Anyways, I'm going to actually give some reads now. I think there was at least one mafia voting me at EOD, either Wigly or Nutella, maybe even both but might be unlikely due to JJJ's vote being on me. Cassandra is probably town for... emotional reasons I don't care to get into. Also she claimed her role for no reason which is rand v for her anyways. I think iaafr's approach to me today has been somewhat opportunistic and he won't even wait to see what I have to say at all, but I liked his day 1 so idk. Also I still think ilario/leetic are town, mostly cause of ilario now because I think leetic has dropped off. Also as I'm typing this, I'm wondering if it's possible Mac and Falcon are both mafia and share the same alignment similar to ilario/leetic? Anyways have a reads list

Ilario/Leetic
LimeCoke
Cassandra
Marmot
Mac
Dizzy
Falcon
SPF
iaafr
NAA
Nutella
Wigly

Not putting Esooa on the list because I haven't read a single one of her posts or Sloonei's posts.

anne post_id=872264 time=1638033745 user_id=1005 said:
I don't think voting Falcon before Mac matters because I think they both can be scum. You're trying to create an argument where there is none other than your preference to flip Mac first for mech reasons

anne post_id=872268 time=1638033856 user_id=1005 said:
nutella post_id=872263 time=1638033725 user_id=262 said:
anne post_id=872249 time=1638033231 user_id=1005 said:
Where did I suspect the mech clears? Please tell me, Nutella. All I said is that mech clears don't exist in this game as we typically know it, a factually true statement. If you want to suspect me then go right ahead, but don't make up things I never said.

I did near mech clears, yes I know there aren't real mech clears youal are entirely missing my point. The point is we are taking them as town for now and working with a poe and i think maybe you're not happy with that poe and want to expand it.

Sure I think Mac should be in the poe, but not falcon. Illeeric I think are most likely just town from play, it did cross my mind that it could be like a jekyll and hyde situation where one of them is actually mafia but that would be pretty bastard lol. Like I think leetics playstyle alone explains why he's so hard to work with and the way he grabs onto things is towny if aggravating.

Well, I had leetic as my strongest townread, so did you read my post? That's not what I meant when I said we shouldn't mech clear people, also I was referring to the opposite which would be Mac/Falcon sharing alignments. The POE right now is just me basically, so of course anyone I suspect would be "expanding" it and if you look closely at my post, if I was mafia trying to expand the POE then i didn't do a very good job with it.

anne post_id=872277 time=1638034153 user_id=1005 said:
nutella post_id=872273 time=1638034055 user_id=262 said:
Hey alexa, vote anne already. You've been dancing around seriously scumreading her all game, you should commit atp.

anne post_id=872268 time=1638033856 user_id=1005 said:
nutella post_id=872263 time=1638033725 user_id=262 said:
anne post_id=872249 time=1638033231 user_id=1005 said:
Where did I suspect the mech clears? Please tell me, Nutella. All I said is that mech clears don't exist in this game as we typically know it, a factually true statement. If you want to suspect me then go right ahead, but don't make up things I never said.

I did near mech clears, yes I know there aren't real mech clears youal are entirely missing my point. The point is we are taking them as town for now and working with a poe and i think maybe you're not happy with that poe and want to expand it.

Sure I think Mac should be in the poe, but not falcon. Illeeric I think are most likely just town from play, it did cross my mind that it could be like a jekyll and hyde situation where one of them is actually mafia but that would be pretty bastard lol. Like I think leetics playstyle alone explains why he's so hard to work with and the way he grabs onto things is towny if aggravating.

Well, I had leetic as my strongest townread, so did you read my post? That's not what I meant when I said we shouldn't mech clear people, also I was referring to the opposite which would be Mac/Falcon sharing alignments. The POE right now is just me basically, so of course anyone I suspect would be "expanding" it and if you look closely at my post, if I was mafia trying to expand the POE then i didn't do a very good job with it.

The poe is really not just you lol. Sure it's technically possible mac and falcon are w/w but the way they explained the mech I think it is exceedingly unlikely. Falcon should be taken as near clear for now imo, it's optimal to go along with it etc

I don't think you understand what I meant, but apparently no one is so it's frustrating and I guess I didn't explain well. I didn't mean flip Falcon first before Mac or whatever, I was just trying to work out how their claim works in the thread.

anne post_id=873201 time=1638159708 user_id=1005 said:
like id rather vote mac at this point. i think falcon is scummy and he could be w/w with mac and mac isnt that townie either so like he can go

anne post_id=873209 time=1638159785 user_id=1005 said:
staypositivefriend post_id=873205 time=1638159738 user_id=720 said:
what if iaafr/mac are wolves and mac made that sudden case on iaafr on d1 to distance from him?

lol

doesnt mac hard shield partners tho?

anne post_id=873330 time=1638160960 user_id=1005 said:
and btw if mac and falcon are w/w then i was right. there is no world where falcon plays the game he does as town and there is no world in which mac, who by most accounts is a strong scum player, would feel the need to clear falcon, a valuable mischop for mafia unless they are partnered as falcon is known to have a considerably weaker wolf game. it would not surprise me if the entire role was faked, but i admit the lover aspect to this makes it less likely

anne post_id=873367 time=1638161381 user_id=1005 said:
even if falcon is town if mac is mafia falcon still needs to die, so i agree with SPF

anne post_id=873408 time=1638161809 user_id=1005 said:
leetic
cassandra
lime coke
nutella
esooa
marmot
dizzy
naa
mac
falcon
spf
iaafr

anne post_id=873433 time=1638161977 user_id=1005 said:
DO NOT CFD ME GET MAC

anne post_id=873522 time=1638234715 user_id=1005 said:
iaafr post_id=873518 time=1638234641 user_id=670 said:
esooa's nature of townreading mac came to me a lot more fake and agenda'd than nutella's

i stared at both of their mac progressions for awhile overnight

i think esooa is townie for defending me as hard as she did

So, some things I noticed:

• She heavily neutrally interacted with JJJ, after a certain point hard bussed MacDougall, and eventually hard defended Esooa, so she's capable of all three types of partner interactions.
  • She has a tendency to put her partners medium-high in her read salads.

So, some things I noticed:

• She heavily neutrally interacted with JJJ, after a certain point hard bussed MacDougall, and eventually hard defended Esooa, so she's capable of all three types of partner interactions.
  • She has a tendency to put her partners medium-high in her read salads.
And she's also capable of ignoring her partner if they are particularly inactive, as with Sloonei D1

NP didn't fully ignore Kai despite eir lack of posts, so that's one thing in eir favor. If we go by "medium-high in reads", that might point to RJ. The first point isn't terribly useful but Occam's Razor does still point to HD. My old list still mostly holds aside from maybe switching RJ and Kai.

@HumanDawn Why wasn't NP above FA on your readlist close to EoD1?
They were in the same bracket, so it is the same level of read. I know I defended neopest a lot but it’s how I always felt at the time. I wouldn’t blame anyone over suspecting me for being wolves with her because of how many times I wasn’t bought over the case against her. If I didn’t suspect SM as much I would have probably voted neopest out of PoE for not being as Towny as others.

They were in the same bracket, so it is the same level of read. I know I defended neopest a lot but it’s how I always felt at the time. I wouldn’t blame anyone over suspecting me for being wolves with her because of how many times I wasn’t bought over the case against her. If I didn’t suspect SM as much I would have probably voted neopest out of PoE for not being as Towny as others.
Although you seemingly sided with NP in her read of FA, which is why I thought she'd be higher. Did you reconsider when you posted the list?

Although you seemingly sided with NP in her read of FA, which is why I thought she'd be higher. Did you reconsider when you posted the list?
Nah I didn’t side with either, I couldn’t decide at the time.

If it's not you, then who is most likely between Kai, Caps, and RJ?
Pretty hard for me to tell - I’m paranoid enough of all three to not make any concrete feelings. Right now I am feeling from least likely to most likely being Reiji/TheCapsFan/Kaiveran, but it would be funny if it was actually Kaiveran as Mafia because then my 3 “town core” would be all the non-Mafia in the game, LOL.

Actually not too bothered at the moment because come Day 3 I expect roles to be more apparent and we will probably find the last Mafia from there. You could go over the game again and think “Would this player with this role make sense for them to act this way?” When I can’t find the Mafia from the claims, that’s when I would really start to worry.

Here's one question for each of you:

@Kaiveran What "towny moments" had you read NP as town?
@Reiji Why did you need to hide most of your thoughts on NP in spoilers?
@HumanDawn Why wasn't NP above FA on your readlist close to EoD1?
@TheCapsFan What information were you expecting to get regarding NP if SM flipped town?

I am surprised out of all the things pointed out, asking why I "hide" stuff in spoilers is what you deem the most important to clarify, haha. Everything spoilered in this game is basically my habit of not liking posting massive walls of text and leaving them there, so I spoiler it just to keep it tidier.

@Elementar I am happy to hammer, FYI.

I am happy to hammer too if get a bit of a longer night.

We hit neo-scum today, that puts us at 1:1:3 the next day, barring any shenanigans. Knowing that we'll still lose if we ML, leetic is now on the spot as as a fallback vote for guaranteed town survival should we not have any good leads on neo's partner. If he's lying, he flips wolf, and we either joint win with the real 3P OR confirm they're hostile and hunt for them next. If he's telling the truth, well, he loses in a kinda sucky way, but we live to scumhunt another day.

Logic seems IDK kinda right but still feels a bit weird to me? I guess we can further that discussion though into the night phase if required.

@TheCapsFan What information were you expecting to get regarding NP if SM flipped town?
I mentioned this to HD in my latest post, but I will repeat myself and try to expand a little: I suspected Neo as a potential scum partner to SM, correct, as a result of their reluctance to discuss him when pressured. In a town!SM world, I view that as NAI and almost a little towny since there's no reason for scum to pull a move like that as it would draw unnecessary attention. However, I would have still scumleaned them due to their vote on Soulmaster when it didn't matter, and with FA's case of them being hypocritical having more merit since they (a quieter/under-the-radar player) suspected a scum amongst the quieter/under-the-radar players, and voted as such as part of a mislynch.

I'm at work now so I'll hammer when I get home. You'll get a couple of extra hours for night phase.

Night 2 - One-Winged Decsent
Night 2 - One-Winged Descent

Votals

neopest - 6 (DawningWinds, leetic!, HumanDawn, Kaiveran, Reiji, TheCapsFan)
DawningWinds - 1 (neopest)

neopest has been lynched! They were...

Dear neopest, you represent Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass 2.

Because Fighters Pass 1 did so much better than expected, it made sense to do another season of DLC. You introduced 7 fighters to the ring this time instead of 5 although one is a 2 in 1 pack. This includes Min-Min, Steve, Pyra/Mythra, Sephiroth, Kazuya Mishima, and Sora.

Under the command of the One-Winged Angel Sephiroth himself, you possess an otherworldly level of strength rivaled by few. As such once during the game you can turn the nightkill into one that bypasses other roles by replying to the mafia chat with Hells Gate: [PLAYER]. You can also block another player’s role every night phase by replying with Block: [PLAYER].

You are allied with Mafia and win when you outnumber or equal the town.

neopest was lynched. They were aligned with the mafia and were their 1 x Strongman and Roleblocker.

It is now Night 2. The phase will end in 26 hours at 9pm on Thursday the 23rd of December CDT.

Last edited:
Good. Thing is, it's likely that the last scum is a Godfather. Mafia, remember that I am the only kill that does not bring you closer to your win condition. Tracker is basically a Cop now if one exists.

Back
Top Bottom