• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

Okay, I'm sleepy and this was confusingly worded lol. It wouldn't be bussing as Soulmaster wasn't mafia, but I mean that Caps as mafia would know what was going to be the flip result and I don't see why he'd consciously go back and forth on it knowing that a town flip will end up reflecting poorly, even more so when you second guess it and then go back to it in the end anyway. If TheCapsFan legitimately knew SM was town because he himself is mafia, I think he'd have committed one way or another to defending or incriminating SM, based on his scumplay in other games.

That said, TheCapsFan is one of my top town reads, so that certainly colors my view of things.
I mean, Caps was basically just going with the flow with regards to Soulmaster. It's not like he really made any bold stances

Anyway, would like to reiterate that wolves killing me tonight would be a stupid move for them, basically gamethrowing at this point, since attempting to kill my role would really screw them over. I'm going to be busy in the next few days, so I won't be nearly as active either.

meh result

Will go over the game when i have time

okay VOTES ARE LOCKED.
Votals
Soulmaster - 7 (TheCapsFan, leetic!, HumanDawn, DawningWinds, Reiji, neopest)
Kaiveran - 1 (Soulmaster)
neopest - 1 (FinalArcadia)

Dear Soulmaster, you represent Super Smash Bros. 4.

As the title suggests, you represent the fourth game in the series. In a series first, there are two different versions with differing game modes and stages; for 3DS and Wii U respectively. You introduced 17 characters in the base game, including Lucina, Dark Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin, Shulk, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt.

Your group is led by Shulk, who uses visions from the Monado to save his allies. As such, you are aligned with the town and are a Watcher. Each night, you can choose to use your visions ability to see who uses a night action on a player of your choosing. You can do this by replying to this PM with Envision: [PLAYER].

You are aligned with the town and win when all the mafia have been eliminated.
Soulmaster was lynched, they were Super Smash Bros 4: the town watcher.

It is now night 1: phase ends in 24 hours
:cry:

I concur.

Well, on the bright side, I'm totally free tomorrow so I should be able to finally read through things in detail. Right now I need to decompress. Catch ya later

Honestly? I'm livid that, especially as from what leetic said SM was online towards phase end, that SM didn't just claim and say info. Even if at the time we believed it to be false, the reveal will tell its own story.

If this is due to any other reason than actually not being here, well...

Also I won't lie, didn't realise open nights were a thing. I never play with them but that's kinda cool (but also scared because I normally use night phases as my unwinding time from the game and now it looks like I'm not getting a break).

Honestly, DW may warrant reconsideration, considering they were static regarding SM at EoD and didn't comment on much else. RJ seems static in hindsight, but maybe I'm just tinfoiling at this point

Can you please elaborate on what you're meaning by this "static" because it really does sound a little like you are indeed tinfoiling, aka doing that thing where you're constantly firing in all directions and I'm amazed you manage to keep a semblance of reads etc with it. Trying to process the method behind the madness, as it were.

Just saying, if wolves want to die tonight, they should try targeting my slot.

You should get the idea by now.

Wow convenient, I have a role that's exactly the same oh my god! I REALLY do not like this and the other 2/3 posts (why did you feel the need to repeat? it's just more posts to click through unnecessarily), like come on all you've done if you ARE this supposed super cool role is make sure they don't target you and therefore potentially lose a member or you are in fact using this for some other nefarious means.

Time to pop you back into the scum side of my reads.

KV - Reactions to other people at least feel natural

I notice Kaiveran does not really have any vocal defenders, which might be indicative of something.
@leetic!
I was rereading the thread, and it doesn't seem like you and Kaiveran interact much, and the ey are the player that you've discussed the absolute least. It stands out as I can immediately think of interactions between you and nearly every other player, but only really recall the late D1 short discussion on voting patterns between you two. Your trustfall on Kai didn't have much, just about natural reactions, which makes it sound like you didn't find eir actual content particularly solid at the time (early-mid D1) yet reading up to about page 17-ish, I don't see many questions or pushes toward Kaiveran and you never elaborated on what the no vocal defenders thing meant. It was just sorta "there." What did that comment mean, and do you think it is still relevant?

I will say there seems to be a fair amount of tilt going on; I think it's good to remember that MafiaWolf is essentially a role playing game, and everything is BS to some extent. So like, chill out?

Not sure I can respond much to thoughts on me before my previous post, because there's not much to go on at that point, but I dislike the general shallow engagement and meandering HD seems to show in his posts. Even when they try to go into "detail", look at a post like 178 and try not to go cross-eyed reading it.
I don't think my engagement has been shallow or meandering but I will admit that my pushes haven't had that much "oomph", and that's really because I haven't really felt that much scumminess to motivate me to go that far. Post 178 was not even a serious read, it was just something that pinged me which I admitted was something I was probably looking too much into. Not the best example you could pick. If there are any other posts that you felt so bothered of, don't hesitate to share them so we can talk through them :).

SM is townier in the sense that it's a slot that received a lot of pressure early by almost everyone and no defense whatsoever. From a threadstate POV that's actually somewhat town indicative. Mafia could bus of course but they have been the designated push by a lot of slots with no one except you really going ham on them. If it were scum I'd expect there to be a stronger reason to push them as it would be more likely that the push is instigated primarily by villas. This hasn't really happened though. I also found that while their catchup post was lacking it wasn't necessarily scummy. I found the actual structure of it to be somewhat natural in the sense that it didn't feel forced. I understand where you are coming from with the meandering or rambling aspects about it, but if you really want to say me and SM are W/W then I would like to say that usually wolf partners would come up with a better reason to townread their partners than basically a one-liner as you've pointed out. Wolves are usually more self-aware of their surroundings and thread positioning than that.
There are objectively only two Mafia - and I would say that from the moment you made your post, TheCapsFan had defended Soulmaster and while FinalArcadia initially voted them, she also backed off. In a scum!Soulmaster world, a scum team with either FinalArcadia and TheCapsFan would already have been possible.

By the way, I don't think you answered my question before, but where did I last play a game with you? I believe you said you've seen me play before, but I don't know about you.

Well, then this will play more into your suspicions:

[VOTE]: Soulmaster

Lucky enough I had the pick of the three players I was thinking of voting by the end of the day today to break the tie between them. I'm voting Soulmaster for all the reasons I've been saying for the past few pages, and also because the other two I think we get more information out of based on Soulmaster's flip.
Okay, now that Soulmaster flipped Town what do you make of the other two?

@TheCapsFan

The reason I'd think you have the most wolf motivation to go after SM is that compared to most other people on the SM wagon I feel as though you are the person who has put forth the least amount of effort and visibility in pushing them. I think wolves being aggressively pushing someone is not out of the question, but if SM is town then I would say that wolves probably are trying to be a bit more considerate in pushing there and maintaining a more positive image which I think lines up more closely with how you've treated your suspicion on SM veruses someone like leetic for example.
Every time I start to doubt this slot, I get posts like these that I believe are hard to fake from a scum PoV...

My mind has changed on HD because although I had some concerns with his opening I went back and read some of the wolf games he's played in previously and decided he has been pretty different this game. One thing I noticed that was different is that as scum HD tends to take a more relaxed approach to making posts whereas this game I feel as though he's made a big effort to up his energy and it comes off as performative but like... almost townie performative.
which games man

only scum games i have been in lately are the 3 championship games and one discord game

Come to think of it, was it a little odd that HD was sure to be up in the middle of the night just before EoD?
The phase update is 4am and I need to sleep for work tomorrow, so I decided to be around before that time to contribute to the voting situation if needed.
Honestly, DW may warrant reconsideration, considering they were static regarding SM at EoD and didn't comment on much else. RJ seems static in hindsight, but maybe I'm just tinfoiling at this point
To be fair there was a massive landslide of votes on Soulmaster, not like there would be much to talk about or go into.
Caps is still a good push tomorrow regardless
With Soulmaster flipping Town I feel my reads need a serious overhaul. I wouldn't be against a push on TheCapsFan tomorrow if only to see how his gamesolving goes in the second day to get out of the situation.
This post doesn't look terribly good in hindsight
I said that FinalArcadia could be scummier if Soulmaster flipped Town and that it would be an attempt to jump off wagon, but the justifications she kept on giving... I've mellowed out over them and have come to terms it's in-character and sensial for town!FinalArcadia.
Anyway, would like to reiterate that wolves killing me tonight would be a stupid move for them, basically gamethrowing at this point, since attempting to kill my role would really screw them over. I'm going to be busy in the next few days, so I won't be nearly as active either.
Just saying, if wolves want to die tonight, they should try targeting my slot.

You should get the idea by now.
Ehh, not gonna bother wasting energy figuring this out when time will solve it by itself.

I gotta head off, but my updated reads more or less now are:

GAME
^
l HumanDawn (did u expect anything else :>)
l leetic!
l FinalArcadia
l Reiji
l DawningWinds
l (TheCapsFan
l Neopest)
l Kaiveran
v
DLC

FinalArcadia has gotten massive Townie points for me because all their replies have been satisfactory and her game presence has started to feel more of her Town self overall. I also feel that on the FA vs. Neopest debacle, FA has pretty much got Neopest beat here in their arguments. I can believe FinalArcadia comes more from a place of Town than Neopest, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that Neopest is Mafia either. Reiji is above DawningWinds for their game efforts - they didn't need to go as hard as they did on Soulmaster and even then, it wasn't the only thing they were focusing on - they also show a believable level of healthy skepticism on their reads and I can see where they come from with them. DawningWinds I still think is Town, nothing has really made me feel the need to change this read, but I feel the others are more likely to be Town now. TheCapsFan and Neopest are in a bracket because I've become increasingly wary of them. At the end of all of Day 1, what did both of them really achieve in the end? TheCapsFan didn't really impress me one way or another, and around half of, if not more than Neopest's posts in Day 1 were about FinalArcadia, and even then, they haven't managed to convince anyone that FinalArcadia is actually scummy. You can remove TheCapsFan and Neopest from the game and... sorry if any of you are Town but I don't really believe the game would end up changing much. All of your votes and pushes didn't feel like they either had the energy or merit to make me give you that much credit. Granted it's still obviously Day 1 yeah, but if you're Town you're really going to need to step up here. Regarding Kaiveran, I asked for meta on them, but I don't believe I've been given any on it, so I will just have to rely on their play in this game. Most of Day 1 was them failing to catch up or contribute - which doesn't necessarily implicate they are Mafia because it is just one 48 hour phase - if it happened more consistently there would be more of an issue, but Night 1 is here and there has been no attempt to reliably focus on posts they deemed suspicious. They said they found me and DawningWinds to be scummy, but other than some comments against me, they haven't really dug into me or DawningWinds. For all I know, DawningWinds could really be Mafia, but he isn't helping me or any of the Town by just saying that they suspect DawningWinds without really confronting DawningWinds and even me.

---

Obviously, if I die tonight, do not take those reads as my "final" reads, but that's where the gist of my feelings go right now and it would be up to you to decide if they are worth considering and pursuing and then firmly deciding whether or not to lynch from there.

Oh, I just realized I didn't really talk about leetic! much, uhh...

if he's Mafia, just hand him the win lol

Just a heads up but both elementar and I are busy when phase update happens, so In roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes when update should happen all actions are locked until one of us can update the game.

Back
Top Bottom