• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

NICE, good work, town! And also congrats, leetic! Mafia played well too, it really was nice having an active, well-played game from all sides.

I'm really glad that I was dead before this last phase, because I would've bet money on TheCapsFan being town, I literally never scumread him at all the entire game, even while just watching from beyond the grave lol.

Thanks for hosting, Elementar and MCH! This was a fun game to return to!

Also Kai, if you wanted me to cooperate with you, you probably shouldn't have come up with a plan that results in me dying. Regardless of your alignment, it made you the biggest threat to my wincon.

Role PM convo, in case anyone was curious about my thought process?:

Got it.

A few questions before we begin:
  1. Are misleading investigation results are a possibility in this game?
  2. Does my "Grow Tree in Front of" ability protect against multiple kills?
  3. Is it okay if I use this convo for personal/strategizing notes during the game (like the below)?

"coming to grips + tentative game plan"

Study = Seer
Grow Tree in Front of = Guard
Drop Bowling Ball on = Vigi

nothin' beats the classics!

guard should be saved until the occasion a high-tier blue claims, obv. there's a possibility that the game is pretty power dense, though, so this may complicate the decision if a majority of the game can present themselves as HVTs.

seer and vigi i prefer to use early, but it's much more of a toss-up and will be highly dependent on how D1 goes in particular. If there's a particularly contentious counterwagon to D1 elim and they have little to nothing to claim, a vigi ought to resolve the situation straightaway. If not, I'd prefer to use the seering to cut down on the nullpool. Edge cases TBD.
Hopefully my play is a little clearer in light of this.
1. Unfortunately I don't think we can answer that one. We don't consider the game bastard, but misleading results can occur in normal games. I can't say whether there are any roles that can cause this, but given the setup you could consider the possibility that such a role exists.
2. The tree ability is a normal doctor protection, so it would only protect against one kill.
3. That's fine. Feel free to use it for whatever you wish.

Just as clarification in case the role PM wasn't clear, these are what the roles translate to in terms of Bulba terminology:
Study - Detective/Cop
Grow Tree in Front of - Doctor
Drop Bowling Ball on - Vigilante

Thanks, that's all I needed! The role powers translated without issue as well.

Never ever compromising on a Soulmaster townread ever again.

Study: FinalArcadia

Because she's suddenly panini-pressed to set me up for the fall toMorrow and it's too risky to Vigi.
JohnCena_areyousureaboutthat.mov
FinalArcadia is town
Whoopee :rolleyes:
Grow Tree in Front Of: DawningWinds

I could probably be more towny if I wanted to, but like, staying alive and such! I'm pretty sure even if I do get run up and forced to claim D3, I'll still get my Vigi shot off b/c scum RB is dead. Woohoo!
This aged like fine milk.
Protection on DawningWinds successful.
I always keep my promises.

Also Kai, if you wanted me to cooperate with you, you probably shouldn't have come up with a plan that results in me dying. Regardless of your alignment, it made you the biggest threat to my wincon.
Yeah, that dumb panic almost cost me the game. Luckily I came to my senses, but I could sense the lingering mistrust even after I gave you the golden truth.

And if you're wondering why I put in 300+ posts of effort as an ITP - it was since the last time I tried to lay low as a one shot Cop, I was nearly misvoted and Vig shot. I knew that as long as I was super active, no one would be able to build any momentum against me, and that later on I could use the way my role affects parity to make both factions fall in line. It's definitely not the standard way to play Survivor, but I pulled it off and had a lot of fun

Seriously @TheCapsFan, G-fucking-G. You smelled blood and went in for the kill, and I don't think it's possible to understate how much I felt like cornered, helpless prey for the majority of this last Day phase, and I really thought I was a goner after my "slip". If you had been more vocal and consistent previously I don't think I would've had a chance.
Thanks! It was great playing with you and I hope we get the chance to play again soon. The last time I tried to fakeclaim a redcheck, I was able to pull it off in a 3:2, but I guess it just didn't work out this time. I'll be honest I thought I had you after that last wall I put out, but you had me on the ropes this entire past day/night cycle. You played damn well and deserve the victory for sure.

I actually self-protected on N2 but then changed it to DawningWinds out of fear of being out WIFOM’d lol, but we won anyway so not a big deal there at least. GG TheCapsFan and neopest, you both played a good game - but were out-Towned. An Independent in such a small game is incredibly bad for Town - 2 mislynches and we are highly likely to lose unless roles are used or the Independent is killed. The roles I feel helped balance it in a way I wouldn’t complain. The vig would come in clutch, and that’s if it wasn’t Roleblocked. DawningWinds’s checks were perfect with hitting a Mafia and a Commuter to prove their role.

I hate Doctor - it’s so hard to push something aggressively put of fear of being NK’d. Sticking to trying to be as neutral as possible to not become NK bait was a challenge and I could have afforded being more assertive.

Thank you for hosting, and good game everyone! All of your efforts are appreciated and it shows in your posts :).

@ReturnofMCH @Elementar Mafia QT access?

Thanks! It was great playing with you and I hope we get the chance to play again soon. The last time I tried to fakeclaim a redcheck, I was able to pull it off in a 3:2, but I guess it just didn't work out this time. I'll be honest I thought I had you after that last wall I put out, but you had me on the ropes this entire past day/night cycle. You played damn well and deserve the victory for sure.
Yeah Kaiveran really pulled through enough to make me doubt them being Mafia. I think your Tracker claim was too weak in a game with a Cop and Watcher but you were already in a troubling situation so I can see why you’d YOLO it. If you let me live you might have had a higher chance of winning trying to Doctor counterclaim me.

I actually self-protected on N2 but then changed it to DawningWinds out of fear of being out WIFOM’d lol, but we won anyway so not a big deal there at least. GG TheCapsFan and neopest, you both played a good game - but were out-Towned. An Independent in such a small game is incredibly bad for Town - 2 mislynches and we are highly likely to lose unless roles are used or the Independent is killed. The roles I feel helped balance it in a way I wouldn’t complain. The vig would come in clutch, and that’s if it wasn’t Roleblocked. DawningWinds’s checks were perfect with hitting a Mafia and a Commuter to prove their role.

I hate Doctor - it’s so hard to push something aggressively put of fear of being NK’d. Sticking to trying to be as neutral as possible to not become NK bait was a challenge and I could have afforded being more assertive.

Thank you for hosting, and good game everyone! All of your efforts are appreciated and it shows in your posts :).

@ReturnofMCH @Elementar Mafia QT access?
Will do, just gotta get on my pc as mobile doesn’t allow that

Thank you everyone for playing the game and making it more active than we could have possibly hoped for. I hope you all had fun, and I really appreciate your patience with my rustiness returning to hosting, my early votal mistakes and the inconveniences caused by my changing work schedule (Christmas + COVID does not bode well for supermarkets). I appreciate the feedback on setup (I definitely see all your points) and hope to balance more in future games.
Thanks everyone :)

Thank you everyone for playing the game and making it more active than we could have possibly hoped for. I hope you all had fun, and I really appreciate your patience with my rustiness returning to hosting, my early votal mistakes and the inconveniences caused by my changing work schedule (Christmas + COVID does not bode well for supermarkets). I appreciate the feedback on setup (I definitely see all your points) and hope to balance more in future games.
Thanks everyone :)
Thanks, don't take my issues with balancing to insinuate that the game was bad. I had a lot of fun. I just like leaving constructive criticism for next time :)

And yet Caps nearly pulled off the perfect heist anyway, which says a lot.

Seriously @TheCapsFan, G-fucking-G. You smelled blood and went in for the kill, and I don't think it's possible to understate how much I felt like cornered, helpless prey for the majority of this last Day phase, and I really thought I was a goner after my "slip". If you had been more vocal and consistent previously I don't think I would've had a chance.

@neopest, you played very well and came out of D1 nearly immaculate. If it wasn't for DW you guys might've swept.

@FinalArcadia
@Soulmaster
@DawningWinds
@HumanDawn
We won!

@Elementar @ReturnofMCH thanks so much for the game and don't be too hard on yourselves; I've made my points about the game balance in-game already and trying to make Role Madness work at this size is always hellish. You guys did good.

Oi, I won too!!!!! :'((((((

Great job on that play at the end by the way, you really did go into overdrive once you saw that death coming, huh.

Yeah I think my main thing was the fact you picked the role leetic had already mentioned and well you're the one player I have meta on, and that meta states that a single-sentence and quiet Caps is not a Town Caps. But I will say that DW was really the main reason I swung my vote and stuck to it, because having someone else voice the same issues was a nice reinforcement.

@Elementar @ReturnofMCH thank you so much for this game, this was amazing! Really fun setup.

Thank you everyone else as well for a fun game, I hope I wasn't too much of a thorn in a side as essentially a new player, but it was great playing with you all. I will admit, it was a real brain-bender coming into a community I have no meta of and frankly is a lot more active/better than where I have been playing; I'm hoping more games do rock up at Bulba because it's been a nice refreshing change of pace and scenery!

Oi, I won too!!!!! :'((((((

Great job on that play at the end by the way, you really did go into overdrive once you saw that death coming, huh.

Yeah I think my main thing was the fact you picked the role leetic had already mentioned and well you're the one player I have meta on, and that meta states that a single-sentence and quiet Caps is not a Town Caps. But I will say that DW was really the main reason I swung my vote and stuck to it, because having someone else voice the same issues was a nice reinforcement.

@Elementar @ReturnofMCH thank you so much for this game, this was amazing! Really fun setup.

Thank you everyone else as well for a fun game, I hope I wasn't too much of a thorn in a side as essentially a new player, but it was great playing with you all. I will admit, it was a real brain-bender coming into a community I have no meta of and frankly is a lot more active/better than where I have been playing; I'm hoping more games do rock up at Bulba because it's been a nice refreshing change of pace and scenery!
Oh yeah, sorry I missed you uwu

But yeah, I figured if you weren't gonna listen to me, you'd listen to the person you knew 100% was on your side, so that's why I made sure they got into the fold as well.

By the way (@neopest asked about this IIRC) this game's result perfectly supports my policy of not immediately jumping into the pit and scrapping with opponents. It might be necessary sometimes, and it's certainly fun to write and to read. But in many situations it leads you to focus too much on your target, when they're not who you need to convince.

That's why I focused on everyone else's posts before Caps, and even when I did I tried to address my responses to the thread at large – not "you're a wolf and need to die" but "hey guys, Caps is a wolf, let's kill him." It makes for a higher signal-to-noise ratio and better chance of actually getting what you want.

I have my own ideas for a kinda crazy game to run here but they still need some refinement. In any case this was a great experience and I'll be sure to stick around!

Back
Top Bottom