• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wishlist Mafia - Endgame (Overrun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest that everyone claim. JD and Swarla have not even claimed.

I don't know much about the Mega Man series but even if there is something about the character wanting to become a god in the series Human's flavour text did not say anything about him being a god.

It's not OMGUS if there is a reason for voting for them other than just them voting for you, a watch report saying they visited Mido the night she was killed being that reason.

God doesn't even have to show up on the character description and I bet the next Mafia characters are pictures of demon and dragon that also doesn't say on the description. You did an OMGUS vote when I was narrowing down the scum suspects and you lied saying that I visited Mido and your reaction when I voted you looked way too opportunistic.

And just because I counteclaimed late, that still doesn't mean I'm scum. Reason why I didn't counterclaim right away was because I didn't believe in your claim and it looked fake to me.

Vote: Jinjo
He seems to be purposefully misinterpreting what RainbowCloud is saying and manipulating his words. I dont trust it.

Why don't you claim or unless you're scum saving RC. If you're Town, then that just goes to show how very inexperienced you are in this game.

No good... it’s split. 3 v 3 + Renato can’t vote. It’s gonna end in a no lynch.

jd ignoring the references that HD’s role sigma is a god (or pursuing godhood or blah blah) doesn’t make him look good at all. Won’t be surprised if he’s RC’s scumpartner.

Another candidate is swarla for sure. She doesn’t want to claim.

Night 4 - Couldn't Reach
Night 4 - Couldn't Reach

Official Votals
Jinjo (3) - Rainbow Cloud, swarla, jdthebud
Rainbow Cloud (2) - Jinjo, Seth Rollins

Spring Man was jumpy this morning. Being the mascot of one of Nintendo’s latest IPs was an honour, and he knew full well he had a chance at making Smash Ultimate. He saw today as a chance to prove himself, and was prepared to do whatever it takes to make it. Alm had made sure he was okay with the plan, and instantly, he was making preparations for its smooth success. His leader had asked him to stretch his arms from the ones who moved on’s base to the control watch tower, grab Waluigi, and bring him down. The plan seemed simple in execution, but the only doubt was the length to which Spring Man’s arms could reach. Despite the hesitance from others, Spring Man confirmed his agreeance and was currently waiting for the signal to stretch. Eventually, the countdown ended, and he thrusted his arms forward. He concentrated intensely to manoeuvre his arms around each pole, twisting expertly through each obstacle in his way. Eventually, his arms made it to the control tower door, and grabbed onto something. Ecstatic at his find, he tugged at the object and attempted to pull it back. However, it wouldn’t budge.

“Spring Man, you need to stop,” Alm cautioned.

“No!” he grunted. “I’ve got this.”

He continued to pull, then felt a small click. He paused for a moment, before his arms began to spin around what felt like a pole. His arms began to stretch more, and he could feel himself slipping.

“I’m sorry guys. I wanted to do you proud.”

His body was flung into the air, following his fully stretched arms around the prison. He collided with several poles and walls, and by the time his body made it to the control watch tower, it was made of stone.

CheffOfGames Jinjo was lynched... They were...

Dear CheffOfGames Jinjo, you are Spring Man from ARMS!

latest

You're the mascot of one of Nintendo's latest IPs, and would make an excellent inclusion as a DLC character. You have long, stretchy arms that you use to fight. Grabbing has also become an OP tactic that's used in the ARMS game, where you trap your target and throw them away. Using these skills, you can trap another player, protecting them but preventing them from using their role.

In other words, you are the Jailkeeper.

You are allied with the ones who moved on and win when all the scum have been eliminated from the game.

CheffOfGames Jinjo was lynched. They were aligned with the ones who moved on and were their Jailkeeper.

It is now Night 4. The phase will end in 24 hours at 6pm on the 7th of September Central US Time or at 9am on the 8th of September AEST.

Last edited:
I flipped Town and RC should be the next lynch target for lying. I got roleblocked and I never visited Mido.

MoD Announcement
Mm it sounds like, unfortunately, even if I were to choose the right person to kill tonight - which hopefully I am - then it still might not matter.

@swarla @jdthebud

You both haven't claimed, I don't think. There's probably no point anymore, but regardless, it's still something of interest while the game is still going.

Or you could go for RC for a confirmed kill

If we manage to survive somehow though, we should definitely get jd lynched. or swarla

I didn't see any point to claiming when we had two competing claims against each other. If for some reason we make it to the next day I'll claim then.

Endgame - Overrun
Endgame - Overrun

The final battle for the prison was today. Alm was being calmed by Celica once again, waiting for the army to request his presence. He wanted to delay the inevitable as much as he could.

Likewise, Waluigi was hesitant. His knowledge of the third-party characters’ plans began to overshadow his own. Ever since Sigma’s attempted assassination, he had been extra cautious, and was beginning to doubt his own will to fight.

Finally, the armies were completely prepared for the battle, and lined up at the edge of their zone’s boundaries. When the prison alarm sounded, the armies cried out and charged forward, using tilts, smashes and special moves to help eliminate the enemy.

The battle was beginning to drag on, and Waluigi was torn between two fights. He summoned his general, Demi-Fiend, and gave him new orders.

“Go and attack Alm directly.”

The demon rushed off and confronted the opposition’s leader, using insanely powerful attacks to KO anyone in their way.

Alm was puzzled at the move. Why would Waluigi send me a demon? Alm looked towards his sword, seeing it begin to glow in a strong, incandescent blue. May the power of the Falchion guide me. He turned to Celica and saw her praying. “May Mila watch over us.” Alm nodded and threw away his shield. He leapt off the second level of the prison, grabbing Demi-Fiend and swinging the sword at them. The attacks were additionally powerful, and sent the demon to his rocky bed.

Meanwhile, Bomberman was sharing Waluigi’s hesitance. They had been considering moving to the ones who moved on’s side during the whole war, and saw that Alm’s courage was to be admired. They could see the motivations of the third-party characters, and was beginning to target them. He was darting all over the prison, laying bombs wherever there was a third-party character. He set the last one on Shrek, and instantly, the ogre became stone.

Crosses of fire began to plague the lower floor of the battlefield, bursting in all directions and KOing multiple characters. Alm stood in the middle and began to accept his fate. They got Chrom. I’m happy with my efforts. At least my story was better than Fates. I have my own fate to follow. Celica watched helplessly as the fire consumed Alm. Takamaru saw the flames eat overwhelm their leader just before they too, succumbed to the inferno.

Finally, the battle ended with the fire. The loss of half of each army from Bomberman’s work halted the fight. Waluigi declared a victory and delayed his victory speech in order to search for Bomberman. He found the bomber hiding in the corner of an abandoned prison cell, shaking. He had not intended to eliminate half the characters, and only wanted to KO third-party characters. Waluigi sat down next to him and spoke unusually softly.

“I know how you feel. When I realised what the third-party characters were trying to do, I made that my priority. Demi-Fiend needed to go, hence why I left them to Alm. You did the right thing.”

“But I KO’d Alm.”

“That’s alright. We’ll find a way to bring the stones back. Just wait.”

Waluigi finally returned to the prison grounds to say is speech, using the control tower to broadcast the message over the entire prison.

“Dear first-party characters. We will finally gain our freedom and right to be in Smash. But we need to assume the roles we were intended for. As darkness has overcome the Smash world, and whether we are a trophy, assist trophy or character… we need to stop those who intend to take over it. Let us prove ourselves the right way.”

The speech ended and Waluigi mumbled to himself. “Third-party characters will not overtake me.”

Rainbow Cloud was killed... They were...

Dear Rainbow Cloud, You are The Demi Fiend from Shin Megami Tensei

latest

Hand Picked by Lucifer himself to be his answer to Aleph from SMT2, You were an ordinary high school student until you were thrust into the Amala Network. You are often considered by fans to be the toughest SMT protagonist, not helped by your infamously difficult superboss battle in another game of the series. Lastly, you game features Dante from the Devil May Cry series. By using your demonic powers, you can choose one person a night to attack, and it penetrates even Doctor uses, but you can do it as long as you want.

In other words, you are the Infinite-Use Strongman.

You are Allied with The Salty Shafted and win when you equal the town in size

Rainbow Cloud was killed. They were aligned with the salty shafted and were their Infinite-Use Strongman.

Feenie was killed. They were...

Dear Feenie, you are Alm from Fire Emblem!

You are one of the two protagonists from Fire Emblem Gaiden and its remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Your goal in the game is to lead the Deliverance to victory against Rigel to ultimately defeat Rudolf. Despite being another sword-wielding Fire Emblem character, people want to see you in Smash, potentially alongside your co-protagonist and eventual wife, Celica. Your sword, the Falchion, is super effective against dragons. As such, you can choose to kill somoene each night, with a 25% chance of their death occurring. However, if they are a dragon/demon/god figure, you're chance of killing them will increase to 100%. You cannot take aim.

In other words, you are the Modified Pumpkin.

You are allied with the ones who moved on and win when all the scum are eliminated from the game

Feenie was killed. They were aligned with the ones who moved on and were their Modified Pumpkin.

Mafia have won the game!!!

Seth Rollins died in the endgame. They were...

Dear Seth Rollins, you are Takamaru from The Mysterious Mursame Castle!

super_smash_bros____takamaru_render_by_connorrentz-dc9q2tz.png

The main character from the NES game that never was, You are a samurai that was considered for smash 4, but was declined at the last minute because you were too obscure to the west. Because of this as well as your game being one with supernatural elements, once you die you can still vote, but you cannot talk in any way other than your vote.

In other words, you are the Reverse Restless Spirit

You are allied with the ones who moved on and will win when all the scum are eliminated from the game.

Seth Rollins died in the endgame. They were aligned with the ones who moved on and were their Reverse Restless Spirit.

Renato_Sinclair died in the endgame. They were...

Dear Renato_Sinclair. You are Shrek from Shrek!

latest

Despite being a character primarily from movies, people voted heavily for you in the Smash Bros. Voting Ballot. You are an ogre who lives alone in your own swamp. You travel with a talking donkey to go save Princess Fiona. You are very sarcastic from all your years alone, and generally push people away. Because of this, you can't vote for anyone, but during one night phase only, you can kill another player.

In other words, you are the Voteless 1 x Vigilante.

You are allied with the ones who moved on and win when all the scum are eliminated from the game.

Renato_Sinclair died in the endgame. They were aligned with the ones who moved on and were their Voteless 1 x Vigilante.

jdthebud won in the endgame. They were...

Dear jdthebud, you are Waluigi from Super Mario Bros!

180px-Waluigi.png

The main absence from Ultimate, it wouldn't be a wishlist game if you weren't in it. You've become a meme as you once again miss out on being a playable character, screaming "Waaaaaahhhh" from the sidelines as one of the only popular Mario characters not in the game. You are the leader of the salty shafted, and know info about other characters through your experience as a forgotten character.

In other words, you are the Godfather Mass Rolecop (2 players a night).

You are allied with the salty shafted, and win when you equal the town in size.

jdthebud won in the endgame. They were aligned with the salty shafted and were their Godfather Mass Rolecop (2 players a night).

swarla won in the endgame. They were...

Dear swarla, you are Bomberman from Bomberman!

icon.jpg

Being a popular character that fans were hoping for due to your presence on Nintendo platforms, you were salty about your absence from previous games. However, in Ultimate, you became an assist trophy, which most fans were delighted with as it would be hard to implement you as a fighter. You changed your mind after being included as an assist trophy, so you will also change sides if you are killed. (Note: you won't have access to the mafia chat or know who your teammates are).

In other words, you are the Saulus.

You are allied with the salty shafted, and win when you equal the town in size.

swarla won in the endgame. They were aligned with the salty shafted and were a Saulus.

GAME!

And the winner is... red team!

Congrats to the mafia on being salty enough to win the game. Bad luck to town, who did their best to fight back. It was a close game in the end :) Also, thanks to my co-host, @returnofmastercrazyhand

We both hope you enjoyed the game. I'll make sure to finish the FT in the coming days. As for now, may you please answer the following questions when you get the chance.

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the FT (so far)?
What did you think of the concept?
What did you think of the balance?
Is there anything you would change as a player?
Is there anything you would have changed as host?
Any other comments or questions?

I'll also post some of my thoughts and notes later on :)

Last edited:
ayy nice victory

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, there were a lot of unique roles which I liked.
Haven't read much but it's good.
Loved the concept, though I would have liked to see more of the user submissions used. I think only Waluigi was used?
Mafia definitely had powerful roles, as well as the one bastard role (Swarlus), but town also had some good roles, especially the resurrector and two vigs. So I think the balance actually wasn't too bad. The game came down to mislynches so that's usually a good sign of balance.
Not really since we got the victory even with 2 mafia killed at night.
Used more of the user submissions.
Why weren't more user submissions used?
Who was Feenie's Pumpkin would 100% against?

Why weren't more user submissions used?
Who was Feenie's Pumpkin would 100% against?

1) Because the setup was complete before we posted signups, and it would've taken too long to create a new setup with the characters people put in their signup posts. That was just to see who read the rules or not.
2) Rainbow Cloud was the only player it was 100% against.

It was so not fun being mafia when I had no idea who the hell my team mates were...
But yay a win! I can't believe there were four mafia. Bad luck town... I would have joined you eventually if you had lynched me :p
Did you enjoy the game? Yes! it was super fun even if it was scary xD I really liked my role, although I was confused the whole time because I didn't know who to trust.
What did you think of the FT (so far)? crap I actually forgot there was FT I'll read it later.
What did you think of the concept? It was cool, I'm not a massive super smash bros fan but it was still fun.
What did you think of the balance? I think it was pretty equal
Is there anything you would change as a player? I wish I was more confident when I was playing. I did want to stay under the radar which is why I was cwac the whole time but I still could have done more. Like Human Dawn said I could have been taken out of the game and nothing would have changed lol.
Is there anything you would have changed as host? Nothing really other than maybe the fact there was four mafia.
Any other comments or questions? Nope

dang it

Congratulations, mafia! Well played. This was a really fun game if not very stressful at times. Thank you for hosting, Elementar - and thanks to our co-host, returnofmastercrazyhand, as well!

Did you enjoy the game?
I did! I thought it was a very fun game that was, for the most part (except in the beginning), active. My ability was a fun one mostly due to never having played one like that.

For the FT that's there, I like it. It's well-written and easy to read.

Enjoyable and interesting.

I can't think of any complaints, though, I'm not good with balance unless there are blaring mistakes lol.

I wish I would've been more vocal in Day 4. I figured Jinjo had to be town - just because of my ability - but Rainbow Cloud was very convincing and I doubted myself too much.

Not that I can think of.

Ditto!

1. Did you enjoy the game?
2. What did you think of the FT (so far)?
3. What did you think of the concept?
4. What did you think of the balance?
5. Is there anything you would change as a player?
6. Is there anything you would have changed as host?
7. Any other comments or questions?

I'll also post some of my thoughts and notes later on :)

1. I haven't been Mafia for a while, so it was cool getting back into the groove. The roles were pretty unique too so there was something new in the game to experience.

2. Haven't read it, but where is my boy Rex in the game? He is my ultimate wish... Would be cool if anyone here got in Smash. Except Shrek. And Goku.

3. Good choice to build some Smash 5 hype!

4. I think Mafia ended up being a lot stronger than Town. If I was in charge of the setup, I would make the Strongman 1x, the Voteless become a Voteless only when they used their Vigilante, and the 4th Mafia be unknown to the Mafia. Town could have won if Swarla was converted. The Town Fool was a great idea.

5. Don't fall for Midorikawa's bait... I should have expected something was up, but not something so unique. It threw me off guard, which is good.

6. I don't think the host should announce that the potentially last game phase will end 15 minutes before it ends. It felt biased to the Town, unless there was reason to believe that the player was gone. If Town has not voted yet, it should be their responsibility to remember when the phase ends and vote in time.

7. @Jinjo I was okay with getting you Nightkilled because you were strangely quiet, I had a feeling you were hiding a good PR and that turned out to be the case being a namecop that can later become a fullcop.

Thanks for hosting, and good game everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom