• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

@ Prog Rocker
I figured Roll could have other robot master weapons that didn't make it to Mega Man's moveset.
I'm not sure how Mappy could work, but if they were able to make Pac Man work, I'm sure they can create something for Mappy.
Here's Cranky Kong.

Maybe because they specifically coined a term (echo fighter) to acknowledge their clone status? Granted, not all "clones" are labeled as such -- Ganondorf is still basically a heavier Captain Falcon (but now with Ike's smash attacks!) and Isabelle clones several moves straight off Villager, but they don't get the label.

Isabelle is a semi-clone at worst. The only moves she shares with Villager are Pocket, Balloon Trip, the Dash Attack, front air, back air, grabs, and the Final Smash and maybe their tilts. Other than that, there's several differences between them. Villager's up air and down air have a random number of turnips. Isabelle always has two turnips. Villager's down smash buries opponents, Isabelle's pushes opponents away. Villager's side special works as a projectile and movement. Isabelle's side special uses her fishing rod and can use it as a tether recovery. Villager's down special plants a tree in the ground and has different options depending on the tree's growth dealing weak damage with the sapling, pushing opponents with the watering can, or when the tree is fully grown after watering, use an axe to chop down the tree or leave the tree standing and get more uses out of the axe. Isabelle buries a Gyroid and either waits for someone to get near or activates it, resulting in the Gyroid rocketing up damaging anyone vertically above it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I figured out how Galeem was able to copy Kirby despite what we've seen in the opening cinematic.

Yeah, just wondering because everyone hated Dark Pit and Lucina when they arrived, but didn't react as bad with Dark Samus, Ken, or even Daisy.
Hmmm. Well, the first two were in Smash 4 and Dark Pit was almost functionally identical to Pit (save for the Final Smash), to the point where they were the same competitive tier. Lucina was identical to Marth down to the hitboxes, the only difference being the lack of sweetspots (tipper) in her attacks.

Daisy is a fan favorite (like Waluigi) but unlike Waluigi, her design was already in previous games (albeit as a Peach palette swap). Once she was used to announce the concept of echo fighters, Dark Samus was an obvious choice, and Ken likewise (given he was a Ryu clone to begin with).

Hmmm. Well, the first two were in Smash 4 and Dark Pit was almost functionally identical to Pit (save for the Final Smash), to the point where they were the same competitive tier. Lucina was identical to Marth down to the hitboxes, the only difference being the lack of sweetspots (tipper) in her attacks.

Daisy is a fan favorite (like Waluigi) but unlike Waluigi, her design was already in previous games (albeit as a Peach palette swap). Once she was used to announce the concept of echo fighters, Dark Samus was an obvious choice, and Ken likewise (given he was a Ryu clone to begin with).
I know some people hate them, but I honestly feel like they could have done more with the echo fighters. Like, Impa could've been an echo of Sheik. Alph should've been an echo of Olimar (that uses rock pikmin instead of purple's, tho they would function identically).

Also, I don't quite understand their criteria for echoes sometimes. Ok, so Richter and Simon are literally identical. That makes sense. Why is Dr. Mario not an echo? Because his down-B is still the tornado? Sure, whatever. But wait... Chrom is an echo of Roy, but his up-B is not Roy's up-B. How can that call THAT an echo? It just seems weird where they draw the line (or don't).

There's also the fact that Ken is just an echo fighter because he was the original clone character, even though he's different enough from Ryu to be considered his own character. At least, that's what I got from the videos I have watched.

Basically, Galeem must have been able to get a smidge of Kirby's DNA, like from his sweat, saliva or tears left behind when he vanished. No blood though, this is a kids' game.

Also, I don't quite understand their criteria for echoes sometimes. Ok, so Richter and Simon are literally identical. That makes sense. Why is Dr. Mario not an echo? Because his down-B is still the tornado? Sure, whatever. But wait... Chrom is an echo of Roy, but his up-B is not Roy's up-B. How can that call THAT an echo? It just seems weird where they draw the line (or don't).

There is one difference between the Belmonts. Richter's Holy Water (Down Special) isn't a fire attack despite its appearance.

Chrom's Up Special is based off of Ike's.

I'm disappointed and puzzled by the lack of Yo-Kai Watch content. I was doubtful they would have a playable character, but I was still expecting something.

I'm disappointed and puzzled by the lack of Yo-Kai Watch content. I was doubtful they would have a playable character, but I was still expecting something.
Part of me thinks it's possible, at the very least with spirits since there's a new Yo-Kai Watch in the works, but part of me doesn't want it to have a fighter in the game. Then again, the only things I have against Yo-Kai Watch are the over-reliance on palette swaps and the atrocious LA Spanish dub and the even worse European Spanish dub.

Seriously, Yo-Kai Watch's dub is the reason I'm glad Pokémon names are not translated in Spanish and, combined with Smash's horrible Spanish narrator who mispronounces literally every name, is already making my ears bleed.

Rant over.

Either that or he captured Keeby. Which is my headcanon.
I'm just trying to make some sense in a game with little narrative.

file

Here's my theory.
Galeem didn't get Kirby, but Tabuu did and he was captured by Galeem too and was later taken over by Dharkon. Galeem and Dharkon probably used Tabuu's false Kirby from Subspace Emissary's Great Maze.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know... Say, do you know any Smash-like games just so that I can do something while I wait? Aside from Indie Pogo and DreamMix TV World Fighters, or Brawlhalla since that game forced you to play PvP to unlock everything.

Back
Top Bottom