• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Well guys, I finally did it:

D45gBUrU4AAy98R.jpg:large

And for the record, it's the first time I ever beat a Legend rank spirit on the Spirit Board.

Also, we're getting new Spirits based on Nintendo Labo, including the Robot, VR Goggles, and the trio from the Discover section.

Last edited:
I'm currently working on an idea in Stage Builder that's kinda like Final Destination, but kinda not. (Stage ID: KGFY85RD)

I'm starting to fear the Smash fandom. If you thought the people overanalyzing Masuda's posts were bad, people analyzing everything for clues on the DLC are worse.

Also, I would prefer a new series over an old one because I like to discover new series. For example, if it wasn't for Smash I wouldn't know about Xenoblade or Mother.

I'm starting to fear the Smash fandom. If you thought the people overanalyzing Masuda's posts were bad, people analyzing everything for clues on the DLC are worse.
People overanalyze anything and everything, it's nothing new/unique and every fandom has this, and it's not just in gaming communities either. Also I've seen worse from other fandoms.

As for what I'd prefer to see for any future Smash DLC, I wanna see a FE Three Houses, Disgaea, and maybe a Gunvolt rep. (I'd say Touken Ranbu as well like I mentioned a few posts ago, but I know that's very slim. I just want my boys in Smash damn it lol) Though I'm not opposed to whatever we get, old series or new.

As for what I'd prefer to see for any future Smash DLC, I wanna see a FE Three Houses, Disgaea, and maybe a Gunvolt rep. (I'd say Touken Ranbu as well like I mentioned a few posts ago, but I know that's very slim. I just want my boys in Smash damn it lol) Though I'm not opposed to whatever we get, old series or new.
Now I'm curious how Laharl would play in Smash, since he's more or less the face of Disgaea. Gunvolt would be a curious choice for me, since that would be his second crossover fighting game (or third, can't remember if he was in the infamous Indie Game Battle). Then again, indie game characters tend to appear in crossovers frequently.

Now I'm curious how Laharl would play in Smash, since he's more or less the face of Disgaea. Gunvolt would be a curious choice for me, since that would be his second crossover fighting game (or third, can't remember if he was in the infamous Indie Game Battle). Then again, indie game characters tend to appear in crossovers frequently.
Laharl's moveset would be a mix of sword and physical attacks for sure and probably have around mid-speed/weight, though for Disgaea I'd rather see Valvatorez or Killia (4&5 are my faves). Gunvolt would be cool just for his gun weaponry and electrical based attacks (specifically Tagging, shoots a dart at the opponent and uses Flashfield to shock them).

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I'm pretty sure we won't be getting a new character from Pokémon, Fire Emblem or a series that's already been represented in Smash.

The reason I say this? Because Sakurai had said that each fighter in the Fighter Pass, aside from Piranha Plant, would come with a new stage and MUSIC.

So they'd need to make a ton of new songs from Pokémon or Fire Emblem, and it's already been a headache for me to go through My Music and empty the extra songs that I don't want playing on my stages every time I unlocked a new song.

Sincerely, I wouldn't mind that at all. Pokémon and Fire Emblem already have enough reps, so it would be better to give someone new a chance to shine.
You wouldn’t mind going through the three stages and filtering the songs, which feels like a chore?

You wouldn’t mind going through the three stages and filtering the songs, which feels like a chore?
He's saying he wouldn't mind if Pokémon and FE don't get any new reps and would rather have a character from a series not represented.

Honestly I just want a FE Three Houses rep just to see the delicious salt pour through, not sorry at all. Also if anything, FE needs a rep that isn't a sword user/uses a sword as a secondary weapon. Which is why I would want Claude von Regan, he's an archer and would most definitely be a unique and new FE rep with a non-sword weapon. Also FE tracks and stages are great, getting a new song/stage from the series would be pretty awesome.

That being said, yeah it's most definitely going to be new characters from other series, Nintendo games or not and I'm not opposed to that honestly.

It's not a chore for me. I like all the songs they picked for Smash with only one exception (25 m). Also, I like to hear random songs in my stages, which is in my opinion way better than other fighting games that only have one song per stage.

Speaking of music, I wish that they'd let us play our favorite tracks on any stage. Like, I think it'd be cool to hear FE PoR's Power-hungry Fool playing on Dracula's Castle, or P3's Mass Destruction on Midgar for example.

Speaking of music, I wish that they'd let us play our favorite tracks on any stage. Like, I think it'd be cool to hear FE PoR's Power-hungry Fool playing on Dracula's Castle, or P3's Mass Destruction on Midgar for example.
You know, I didn't think about that (and I love your PHF in Dracula's Castle idea). I guess if they really wanted, they could put some slots in the stages music where you could choose songs for other series to play. That way you wouldn't be trapped with just Let the Battles Begin! and Fight On! on Midgar, for example.

That would be a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom