• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

literally pokemon ryo
Reaction score
Sans is the first and only one so far to come with music. We'll have to wait and see if other future Mii costumes will come with a track of their own too.

Reaction score
Not a single magic transformation from the first two games made it in. Disappointing.

Reaction score
That was in response to the Banjo Kazooie spirit board you posted. This new content so I put it in a spoiler. The magic transformations I mentioned were Banjo's caused by Mumbo and Humba in the Banjo Kazooie games and how none of them were made spirits.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
That was in response to the Banjo Kazooie spirit board you posted. This new content so I put it in a spoiler. The magic transformations I mentioned were Banjo's caused by Mumbo and Humba in the Banjo Kazooie games and how none of them were made spirits.
I only put mine in a spoiler because...well, aren't we supposed to put huge images in spoiler tags to avoid wasting space?

Reaction score
I only put mine in a spoiler because...well, aren't we supposed to put huge images in spoiler tags to avoid wasting space?
Yes. I guess he confused it with an actual spoiler, so he continued his posts in spoiler.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
Upcoming event: The Next Big Super Star (9/20/2019 01:00 CT until 9/23/2019 01:00 CT)

Woo-hoo! This time-limited tourney features fighters and stages from the Super Mario series.

Taking part will earn you a spirit from the Super Mario series. The further you advance, the better the spirit you'll win!

Format: Smash
Rules: Time
Time Limit: 2:30
FS Meter: On
Items: Medium

Available Fighters

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Bowser
Dr. Mario
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Piranha Plant

Stages

Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom
Princess Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom II
Delfino Plaza
Mushroomy Kingdom
Figure-8 Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
3D Land
Golden Plains
Paper Mario
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Mario Circuit
Super Mario Maker
New Donk City Hall

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Do you think that Sceptile, a Grass-type Forest Pokémon will appear as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? This is because Sceptile did not actually appear in any of Super Smash Bros. video games as any kinds of elements. What do you think? Why or why not?

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
I can see Sceptile making it in, plus it would fill in the gap between Gen 2 and 4 in playable Pokemon.

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Do you think that Sceptile, a Grass-type Forest Pokémon will appear as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? This is because Sceptile did not actually appear in any of Super Smash Bros. video games as any kinds of elements. What do you think? Why or why not?
While I think Sceptile would be cool, I feel that that ship has sailed.

literally pokemon ryo
Reaction score
Out of all the Hoenn starters, I would assume Blaziken would be the most likely one to be a fighter over Sceptile and Swampert. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Sceptile as a fighter since he'd be pretty unique. If I couldn't get Primarina over Incineroar as a unique Pokémon rep, then I wouldn't mind being proven wrong and getting Sceptile over Blaziken then.

Regardless if they ever add another Pokémon rep, then I wouldn't be surprised if they choose a SwSh character instead.

Reaction score
You always have the most curious way of phrasing the most specific questions...

Personally I'd love to see Sceptile as a Smash fighter (especially given how awesome it was in Pokken Tournament) but I gotta acknowledge that it's probably not happening. The second batch of DLC fighters may more likely be third-party reps again (and I'm gonna still hold out for Okami Amaterasu and Spyro), but we won't know anything about it until next year.

For now, though, chances are that the next batch of fighters may have already been decided, and as the team completes work on Terry and mystery fighter #5 they will transition to the second wave.

Reaction score
I just discovered that they gave Terry a decent voice. I'm kinda sad about that.

Mellowed out and ready to earn a good name again.
Reaction score
5 New Tetris Spirits coming this weekend.

It's about time.

Also...

ARE YOU OK? BUSTAH WOLF!

I'm so hyped for Terry! SNK is overdue in Smash...and Terry IS the main SNK character...though I would have preferred Nakoruru(Female representation is lacking, DLC-wise) or Geese Howard(We need villains...badly) to be the rep...

My most wanted is, after talking with some IRL friends...Carmen Sandiego!

...I KNOW that she won't get in, but a educational game rep who is badass enough to stand alongside and/or fight gods and planet busters, is a successful Latina woman, and a non-Brain Age or Big Brain Academy Educational Game rep.....

(Also, the SFW Joker X Carmen fanart would be cute.)

C'mon...why not? You could even get Rockapella to do her reveal trailer song...

Oh yeah, because Japan is a patriarchy.

Back on subject...

What do you want as playable?

I'd realistically want(Spoiler'd for space saving)

Geno/Shantae/Shovel Knight(If upgrading is allowed this gen),

Steve/Jonesy/Freddy Fazbear(For kids and the young at heart to invest in, as long as Alphonso Rivero isn't being ripped off by one of Jonesy's taunts being the Carlton),

Crash Bandicoot,

Ryu Hayabusa,

Doom Marine,

Master Chief,

The Knight from Hollow Knight,

More female characters(realistically, Resident Evil has the best chance...I'd be cool with Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield or(especially) Ada Wong...but Joanna Dark or Nakoruru wouldn't hurt),

Chrono,

Agumon,

Travis Touchdown,

Mike Jones,

Sceptile,

Kunio,

Yooka and Laylee,

Billy and Jimmy Lee(as a duo, as the game is DOUBLE Dragon),

and more villains(Wesker, Sephiroth and Momokuma or Junko Fukoshima come to mind first).[/SPOLIER]

Reaction score
Doomguy is risky to include because the whole musical plagiarism thing that Doom had (seriously, Bobby Prince did nothing original there).

EDIT: Sceptile is also difficult considering they only include characters from recent games.