• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I still think Sceptile can make it in and I especially want him in because we don't have a fast claw user aside from Wolf. Moves like Leaf Blade transitions perfectly into smash.

I have literally never played Fatal Fury. In fact, I didn't know that game existed until Terry's announcement.

In fact, the only games in Smash Bros. represented by playable characters I've never played were Persona and Fatal Fury.

Yes, but they are not a yearly franchise like Pokémon. It's like with Fire Emblem, they are going to pick the most recent ones, not from an old one. I would like Sceptile, but I'm a realist here.
That and I'd always assume if they ever did go back and include a Hoenn starter then it'd be Blaziken, though like I mentioned in my last post about it I wouldn't mind being proven wrong since at least Sceptile and Swampert would be unique choices.

As for FE it doesn't help that they always go for the main lord, with most of them using swords as their main weapon save for like six of them (Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah (technically in her case though, as Ike is still the main one in RD), and recently Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude). I'd love for more FE reps that don't mainly use swords (even though admittedly there are some characters I want to see in that do use them), like Soren, Leo, Caeda, Innes, Lilina, and Julius or Berkut (cause we seriously need FE antagonists playable), but lol at them giving any of those characters chances. And if they must use character from a new installment, then any of the three lords in FETH would be great due to their weapon variety at least.

EGZBDkGVUAAE6iO

Doomguy is risky to include because the whole musical plagiarism thing that Doom had (seriously, Bobby Prince did nothing original there).

EDIT: Sceptile is also difficult considering they only include characters from recent games.
What did he steal from?

Well, Bayonetta is a risky character since, if I'm not mistaken, her clothes are actually her hair. Not only that, but there are brutal characters in Smash already, remember that Ganondorf has a move that he uses to choke a fighter.

Who's going to get every Tetris spirit this weekend?
I will.

And you do NOT want to screw with the metal music industry...

Unless the newer games have sufficiently changed music or they paid off Pantera and the others, Doom Marine is IMPOSSIBLE.

I will.

And you do NOT want to screw with the metal music industry...

Unless the newer games have sufficiently changed music or they paid off Pantera and the others, Doom Marine is IMPOSSIBLE.
...what are you guys talking about? What does metal music have to do with Ultimate? Aside from maybe F-Zero or some of the "Other" songs in My Music?

Honestly, the only character I can think of made by a western developer (besides Retro and Rareware) that actually has a decent chance is probably Crash. His PS1 games were actually pretty popular in Japan back in the 90's; the goofy victory dance he does in Crash 2 and 3 (and the N. Sane trilogy) originated in a Japanese commercial for the series that Naughty Dog thought was funny.

Supposedly fighter's pass no. 5 isn't likely to be Crash or Ryu Hayabusa, though. Personally, my money's on a Namco character; probably someone from the Tales series, like Lloyd.

Honestly, the only character I can think of made by a western developer (besides Retro and Rareware) that actually has a decent chance is probably Crash. His PS1 games were actually pretty popular in Japan back in the 90's; the goofy victory dance he does in Crash 2 and 3 (and the N. Sane trilogy) originated in a Japanese commercial for the series that Naughty Dog thought was funny.
Don't forget how Fake Crash was also based on a bootleg toy from Japan.

Should I feel bad that I keep beating my six year old cousins in Ultimate?
Well on one hand you're not a very nice cousin. On the other hand you're teaching them the value of trueskill. Nothing wrong with showing no mercy...though if you're still only halfheartedly trying and winning, no sense in feeling bad about bad. I guess?

But what I'm ultimately saying is, just be careful you don't get bodied by them when Smash 8 comes out.

Well on one hand you're not a very nice cousin. On the other hand you're teaching them the value of trueskill. Nothing wrong with showing no mercy...though if you're still only halfheartedly trying and winning, no sense in feeling bad about bad. I guess?

But what I'm ultimately saying is, just be careful you don't get bodied by them when Smash 8 comes out.
I didn't rub it in their faces, relax. Actually, half the time they didn't know what the hell they were playing (as they don't have any video games themselves).

Back
Top Bottom