• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Reaction score
As far as I know, all of them are popular (except possibly Ivysaur due to being a middle evolution), otherwise they wouldn't be in the game.
Well, I guess that Masahiro Sakurai should've include Bulbasaur instead of Ivysaur as a playable character under the training by its Pokémon Trainer for the Super Smash Bros. video game series. That's all.

Reaction score
Well, I guess that Masahiro Sakurai should've include Bulbasaur instead of Ivysaur as a playable character under the training by its Pokémon Trainer for the Super Smash Bros. video game series. That's all.
Well, Bulbasaur was not considered at all if I recall correctly (the one that was considered-but-cut was Blastoise). They chose Ivysaur because they wanted a fast but weak fighter (Squirtle), a medium one (Ivysaur) and a strong but slow one (Charizard). At least that's what I gather from observation.

Reaction score
Anybody know how to deal with Mr. Game and Watch's new Final Smash? Its rather annoying.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I feel like the ARMS rep is gonna be Min-Min or Twintelle. Min-Min is one of the most popular fighters from ARMS. I do hope its not Spring Man cause he's just...Too basic. There's not much that stands out about him compared to other fighters.

Also, I do hope that if Fire Emblem can get another rep, Pokemon can get another one. Cinderace is a prime candidate since it is among Galar's most popular Pokemon.

Reaction score
I rather have Raboot for some variety in terms of evolution line position. It would also be nice having something else.

Reaction score
I feel like the ARMS rep is gonna be Min-Min or Twintelle. Min-Min is one of the most popular fighters from ARMS. I do hope its not Spring Man cause he's just...Too basic. There's not much that stands out about him compared to other fighters.
You're saying exactly what I thought about Ryu being leaked for Smash. I clinged to the hope that it was going to be Ryu from Breath of Fire, but no, it was Mr. Crossover himself.

I rather have Raboot for some variety in terms of evolution line position. It would also be nice having something else.
Yes, but that would be the third fire starter in the game, which is something tiring for me.

Reaction score
Why do they keep teasing me with Heihachi? Also, is that a Vault Boy costume? That's an unexpected pick.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I'm kinda glad I got it right! While I'm not overly hyped, I'm nowhere near disappointed and I gladly welcome Min Min to Smash Bros. I do plan on buying the DLC for Min Min.

Reaction score
I'm kinda glad I got it right! While I'm not overly hyped, I'm nowhere near disappointed and I gladly welcome Min Min to Smash Bros. I do plan on buying the DLC for Min Min.
You also called correctly why Spring Man was excluded.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I really couldn't care less for ARMS, so this character reveal brings me no excitement. However, I am glad to see they went with a first party franchise and I hope they keep that up and add more first party characters than third party characters for this final pass.

Petals For Armor
Reaction score
I'm actually glad to see Arms get representation in the character list. I don't know anything about the game (fighting games really aren't my thing outside of Smash) so the whole choosing Min-Min over Spring Man and Twintelle doesn't mean anything to me, but I'm glad to see that Nintendo's new IP is getting a bit of love.

Reaction score
By the way, to those wanting a Xenoblade character, there's still hope. Neither Xenoblade* nor ARMS got any reps at first because Sakurai saw them too late, and could only include them via Mii costumes.

*I meant a new Xenoblade character, I didn't forget about Shulk.

I really couldn't care less for ARMS, so this character reveal brings me no excitement. However, I am glad to see they went with a first party franchise and I hope they keep that up and add more first party characters than third party characters for this final pass.
Did they mention anything about this being the final pass.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Did they mention anything about this being the final pass.
I don't know that it was ever confirmed, it just seems to be something that is nearly a given. Surely the prospect of a whole another Fighter's Pass after the first one, when they were only really thinking of making another character or two is a lot. Plus, this fighter's pass has a sixth character added. I bet that's intended to be the finale, so to speak.