• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I’m surprised that so many people are upset about this. I myself was shocked, but I was still excited and really happy that Minecraft fans got their pick. A friend was literally losing her mind since she’s a huge Minecraft fan.

As for the demonstration, I really like how Sakurai has incorporated tetra forming into the character. It’s something we’ve never had in a character before and it’s a nice homeage to the game itself. Looking forward to the tactics people will use with this character.

As for remaining slots, well I already got Byleth, so I don’t mind who the remaining slots are. Knowing Sakurai, he will strive to make the character unique as possible and make them fun to play. Personally, I’m hoping Rex and Pyra get added, since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a case of coming out at the wrong time, and with Arms getting a Rep, this would be opportunity to give Xenoblade 2 that chance.

I’m also anticipating a Monster Hunter character as well. Monster Hunter has two new games coming to the Switch, and they even had a dedicated Direct for those games, including a new line of Amiibo for the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if a character from one of those games is used to promote the upcoming games.

And lastly, while some us are disappointed, keep in mind that Minecraft is huge for the younger generations, lot of my teacher’s children play Minecraft, so this is super exciting for them.

I’m surprised that so many people are upset about this. I myself was shocked, but I was still excited and really happy that Minecraft fans got their pick. A friend was literally losing her mind since she’s a huge Minecraft fan.

As for the demonstration, I really like how Sakurai has incorporated tetra forming into the character. It’s something we’ve never had in a character before and it’s a nice homeage to the game itself. Looking forward to the tactics people will use with this character.

As for remaining slots, well I already got Byleth, so I don’t mind who the remaining slots are. Knowing Sakurai, he will strive to make the character unique as possible and make them fun to play. Personally, I’m hoping Rex and Pyra get added, since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a case of coming out at the wrong time, and with Arms getting a Rep, this would be opportunity to give Xenoblade 2 that chance.

I’m also anticipating a Monster Hunter character as well. Monster Hunter has two new games coming to the Switch, and they even had a dedicated Direct for those games, including a new line of Amiibo for the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if a character from one of those games is used to promote the upcoming games.

And lastly, while some us are disappointed, keep in mind that Minecraft is huge for the younger generations, lot of my teacher’s children play Minecraft, so this is super exciting for them.
I'm a Wii fit main
Very nice follow up

Fighter adjustments for 9.0.0 here, for anyone curious.

I didn't bother to get Steve since I'm not really into Minecraft personally, though I'm not disappointed for his inclusion. I'd be more surprised if we didn't get any Minecraft mention, I'm only slightly surprised that it was in the form of a fighter. Anyway glad for anyone who wanted him in, my friend was over the moon happy that he got in since she plays Minecraft almost everyday, so I'm especially happy for her.

I had a very weird dream where a character called pony (who resembled a Galarian ponyta) got into smash.
In battle, they were actually meta knight with some new alternate costumes.

Honestly, while I have not bought either Fighter's Passes, I'm probably buying both regardless if I like every fighter or not cause I like having every fighter in the roster.

Leaked footage of me giving Nintendo all my money.

I don't know. With the exception of Steve I have not been disappointed with anyone (not even Byleth), and Terry was a nice surprise for me (even if they took out his so-bad-it's-good VA from Capcom vs SNK 2).

Hopefully it will be someone interesting.

I'm might skip the Game Awards altogether depending on how soon this reveal is. But I'm either expecting another major Nintendo character like a Zelda one, a third party rep like Shantae or a character from Namco Bandai, or someone completely unexpected like Joker was at the 2018 Game Awards. I'm surprised Nintendo is giving such a big reveal like this at The Death Stranding Awards again since the show always craps on them outside of years they can't really ignore Nintendo.

But hopefully I get a character I want really want, I've like the roster so far except for some minor oops on some characters, but I've only gotten two characters I really want from Ultimate as a whole. So hopefully I get something my way.

I'm glad it isn't Sora and Geno cause of they do not deserve to be in Smash at all in my opinion. And I actually kinda wanted this, at least a Final Fantasy villain. I would personally gone with Kefka but I'm fine with Sephiroth, so I'll take this as the third character I've finally gotten.

Though once again, Namco Bandai got screwed again.

Back
Top Bottom