• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I checked the locations and it seems there won't be one in the mall of my area, oh well, more excitement for when it comes out.

I swear, this Spirits mode is sounding more and more complicated every time they release new information, and the last Direct seems to imply that I'd need to have excellent Smash skills to beat my opponents in that mode. I'm just hoping they'll have super-easy opponents to start off with.

I just hope that Spirits mode doesn't have any sort of achievement behind it, I thought Crazy Orders having winning 20 matches as Mario was pushing it.

I think there will be difficulty options. That's what they have done in previous games. I guess they did that because they got some kind of (well deserved) backlash for not doing that in Melee (specially after that one event with Captain Falcon).

I swear, this Spirits mode is sounding more and more complicated every time they release new information, and the last Direct seems to imply that I'd need to have excellent Smash skills to beat my opponents in that mode. I'm just hoping they'll have super-easy opponents to start off with.
It's not really a "mode" so much as a mechanic that ties into other game modes, particularly the new story mode. It strikes me as being like the sticker system from Brawl (or custom fighter equips in Smash 4).

I don't think Smash is ending, just not receiving a game for a long time.

Smash is likely not going to end. Sakurai being the mastermind of Smash likely will end before Nintendo let's one of its most successful games end..

I don't know, but after the DLCs for Ultimate come out, I think he should take a generation-long break from Smash, basically waiting for the next Nintendo system to release before making another Smash game.

GameXplain uploaded a video of 10 minutes of World of Light and right away, they have shown that at least some characters will be able to go into their alternate costumes.

Did they show difficulty settings or something like that for WoL? I want to know.
Unfortunately, no, but the difficulty settings can still be in considering both Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace Emissary mode had difficulty settings.

Sorry to say, but neither custom moves nor equipment are returning. The former will be ONLY for Mii Fighters, and the latter is pretty much replaced with Spirits.

Also, calling it: a Spirit battle based on Bowsette, like perhaps Shadow Peach inside of Bowser.

Sorry to say, but neither custom moves nor equipment are returning. The former will be ONLY for Mii Fighters, and the latter is pretty much replaced with Spirits.

Also, calling it: a Spirit battle based on Bowsette, like perhaps Shadow Peach inside of Bowser.
Well, I never used custom moves nor equipment, so I'm not really affected by that.

About Bowsette: Please, don't. It was enough with the doge reference in Zelda or the fact that somebody says "my body is ready" in every single Nintendo game.

Eh, I don't think they will make a reference to Bowsette in the game as she isn't an official character. Every Spirit battle has been created to emulate what would a character be if they were in Smash Bros. like how the Guardian Spirit has R.O.B. only shoot laser beams, mimicking what is done in Breath of the Wild.

Eh, I don't think they will make a reference to Bowsette in the game as she isn't an official character. Every Spirit battle has been created to emulate what would a character be if they were in Smash Bros. like how the Guardian Spirit has R.O.B. only shoot laser beams, mimicking what is done in Breath of the Wild.
I can dream, can't I?

Back
Top Bottom