• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

EVERY CHARACTER

except Waluigi

I was hoping we’d have 1-2 characters from Arms, and maybe another Pokemon (Golisopod). Its great that 8-player mode is returning, and the Inklings looks fast, powerful, and fun.
Hold on, ARMS may still be in, we got 6 months to show off after all and the website says 66 characters but goes up to 65

After seeing the showcase for this at the Nintendo Direct, I am now officially looking to picking this up after all. Having the full character roster of every previous title before sounds awesome! This must be Nintendo's most ambitious SSB entry ever.

The best character returns.

KhrXijQ.png

I am VERY happy that every character is coming back, including the previously cut ones. Very hype indeed.

I do hope that the Inklings and Ridley aren't the ONLY new characters we're getting, though. I understand with such a huge roster already that we won't be getting a lot of new characters, but having only two would be disappointing also I just don't care about Ridley so.

Well, I can't say I'm happy about every character coming back, particularly the clones echo fighters but I guess its better than not having any cuts I just hope it doesn't bar the newcomers too much.

Sakurai said there's a ton of small changes, but here are some more I noticed from various E3 footage:

- Shulk: Each of his Monado arts has a cooldown before you can switch to it again.
- Pokemon Trainer: During the Invitational tournament, Pokemon Trainer was used during a round but they never swapped to Charizard (they chose, I believe, Ivysaur -> Squirtle -> Ivysaur). So it might be possible to change to a specific Pokemon instead of going in order.
- When a character is off-screen, the 'magnifying glass' shrinks as they get farther away (i.e. closer to the blast line). A map of the stage (showing their exact position offscreen) also appears.
- When a characters is over 100% damage, their HUD icon starts smoking instead of the character themselves.

I think I heard somewhere that Togedemaru is one of the Pokeball characters.

This’ll be sweet for her VA Kate Bristol since she’ll be with the big VA names now.

Still waiting for that rumor about Sora being in Smash Ultimate to be confirmed. Besides Sora there's no other specific characters I want in Smash so whatever newcomers they have planed will be a pleasant surprise for sure.

I’m beyond excited for Snake returning to Smash. It’s been ten years since Brawl and in that time Metal Gear has effectively ended, and also become one of my favorite games series. I never thought Snake had any chance of returning. Nintendo magic is real!

Smash Bros. 4: "Waah, Ridley isn't in. Smash sucks!"

Smash Bros. Ultimate: "Waah, Waluigi isn't in. Smash sucks!"

If there are other characters left to be added to the roster, I'd like for Shadow to be playable, seeing as he's been an Assist Trophy since forever. Lord Ghirahim, if they ever added him, I would sticky main him and never go to anyone else.

Still want K. Rool to crush the competition.

Nobody is saying it sucks, because those characters aren't in, they just would've preferred if he was in. But sure let's oversimplify and make fun out of people's reasonable requests.
Its not the requests that get made fun of, its their way of requesting it and the resulting tantrums when their don't get what they want. Did you never read the miiverse posts when Smash 4 was announced?

Have there been other modes confirmed besides versus? Like, say, Classic Mode or a trophy gallery?

Not yet I don't think. I'd imagine that they're still in though. I'd love if they brought back Adventure Mode from Melee and gave it a touching up to reflect the more diverse cast.

I've gone through on the alternate palettes from "Ultimate" according to the E3 demo, and here's what I plan to main for each character:

Bayonetta: #4 (Resembles her green color in Anarchy Reigns)

Bowser: #4 (Resembles his appearance as King Koopa from the DiC Mario cartoon series)

Cloud: #6 (His sleeve is exposed to reveal the ribbon in memory of Aerith)

Corrin: #7 (Green)

Donkey Kong: #6 (Resembles “Eddie the Mean Old Yeti” from the DKC cartoon series)

Fox: #4 (Green)

Ganondorf: #4 (Green)

Ice Climbers: #3 (Green)

Ike: #6 (Resembles Geoffrey)

Inkling: #4 (Male Inkling wearing Skull Bandana, Armor Jacket Replica, and Moto Boots; appears on the boxart for Sheldon’s Picks)

Kirby: #5 (Green)

Link: #2 (Hero of the Wild Set from “Breath of the Wild”, awarded for completing all 120 non-DLC Shrines)

Little Mac: #2 (Resembles his “Title Defense” outfit from Punch-Out!! on Wii)

Mario: #8 (His wedding outfit from “Super Mario Odyssey”, which I also currently main in the game)

Marth: #3 (Resembles overworld sprites of allied units)

Mega Man: #3 (Resembles the armor for using Leaf Shield and Gyro Attack)

Mewtwo: #8 (Resembles Shadow Lugia from “Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness”)

Ness: #6 (Shirt has Mr. Saturn on the front)

Pac-Man: #8 (Glove and boots resemble oven mitts)

Pikachu: #8 (Female Pikachu wearing the Libre costume from “Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire”)

Pit: #7 (Resembles a Cherub)

Pokémon Trainer: #5 (Resembles Lucas from “Pokémon Diamond and Pearl”)

Ridley: #4 (Resembles artwork of him from “Metroid: Zero Mission”)

Ryu: #7 (Resembles his default “Start + Kick” palette from “Super Street Fighter II Turbo”)

Samus: #7 (Based on the Light Suit from “Metroid Prime 2: Echoes”)

Sheik: #5 (Resembles the Stealth Set after being dyed green in “Breath of the Wild”)

Snake: #7 (Resembles the “Leaf camouflage” from “Snake Eater”)

Sonic: #8 (Green)

Villager: #5 (Male Villager wearing a “Blue Tie-Dye Tee”)

Zelda: #5 (Resembles her in-game sprite when Link rescues her with no ring equipped in “The Legend of Zelda”)

My wishlist:
* An assist trophy for every Mega Man series
* Yo-kai Watch representation
* New playable Kirby character
* Playable Hawlucha and Infernape

One thing for sure is there are a LOT more characters to be unlocked this time around as it was confirmed that the starting roster will only have the original 12 characters from the first Super Smash Bros. game, which will make that roster the second smallest after the original game (as four of this character were originally unlockable), but will HAVE the largest amount of unlockable characters EVER.

Back
Top Bottom