• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

my wishlist:

> new adventure mode akin to the grandness of subspace emissary -- if this is too much to ask, somefin more along the lines of melee's would be sufficient
> buff jigglypuff
> if my husband ghirahim is truly cursed to never be playable, at least fix his assist trophy model (it looked kind of bad in sm4sh)
> a stage based on one of the more interesting locations in alola -- perhaps aether paradise, the abandoned megamart, mount lanakila, ula'ula meadow, etc
> playable mimikyu -- it's one of the most popular gen VII pokemon, surely it has some sort of chance
> playable bandanna waddle dee
> playable porky minch (unlikely, but I'm listing him anyway)
> gulpin to return as a pokeball summon
> some of the cooler gen VII pokemon to be added as pokeball summons -- vikavolt, pyukumuku, guzzlord, palossand, araquanid, etc are all fine options
> pirate ship, fountain of dreams, poke floats, and brinstar depths to return as stages

still super happy about ridley being included
never though I'd see the day

With the inclusion of so many characters, it really is hard to think of new ones. I wouldn't mind seeing some new Zelda character like Fi or Impa, and I've always wanted Chibi-Robo to get in but it's basically a dead franchise so I don't have high hopes.

One thing I really want changed is for Olimar to SOMEHOW use rock Pikmin. I just don't understand why they couldn't have added it to the 5 types he plucks from the ground. But I'm pretty sure they've shown that it didn't change this time, unfortunately :(

With the inclusion of so many characters, it really is hard to think of new ones. I wouldn't mind seeing some new Zelda character like Fi or Impa, and I've always wanted Chibi-Robo to get in but it's basically a dead franchise so I don't have high hopes.

One thing I really want changed is for Olimar to SOMEHOW use rock Pikmin. I just don't understand why they couldn't have added it to the 5 types he plucks from the ground. But I'm pretty sure they've shown that it didn't change this time, unfortunately :(
Worse, Alph was going to be its own character and he would have used Rock Pikmin. I still don't get why he got cut.

I am currently training all of my amiibo from the "Super Smash Bros." line in anticipation to the release, so they will be ready to smash right away.

I've always wanted Chibi-Robo to get in but it's basically a dead franchise so I don't have high hopes.

Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit, R.O.B., Villager, and Duck Hunt all made it in so don't give up yet.

Worse, Alph was going to be its own character and he would have used Rock Pikmin. I still don't get why he got cut.

To make room for Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina.

Here's an idea for Olimar and Alph. Olimar and Alph are both playable. They both use red, yellow, and blue Pikmin. Purple and white Pikmin are reserved for Olimar while Rock Pikmin are for Alph.

I would have preferred to let Olimar keep his Brawl moveset and make a new one for Alph that used Rock Pikmin and use new Olimar's Winged Pikmin recovery move. I guess they could do something else so that Alph is slightly different to Olimar like how they made Lucas different to Ness.

By the way, I would like to have Ninten as either an Echo fighter or an alternate costume for Ness. Or maybe just a new Mother character in the game. Who else can we add? Duster? Teddy?

Does anyone else here have over 50+ amiibo in the "Super Smash Bros." line like me?

Also, is it me, or does it seem that every person who reacts to the Ultimate trailer eat a pound of sugar beforehand?

Last edited:
1- Well, I only have the Lucas amiibo, and that was because it was a birthday gift. Amiibo are at least twice the price where I live.

2- It's pretty awkward that someone accurately described how I reacted. Specially since there's a chance that all stages will return too. At least I hope so, I want Fourside again. It has a pretty nice remix of Because I Love You/Smiles and Tears that wasn't used in Brawl and 4 for some unspecified reason.

1- Well, I only have the Lucas amiibo, and that was because it was a birthday gift. Amiibo are at least twice the price where I live.

2- It's pretty awkward that someone accurately described how I reacted. Specially since there's a chance that all stages will return too. At least I hope so, I want Fourside again. It has a pretty nice remix of Because I Love You/Smiles and Tears that wasn't used in Brawl and 4 for some unspecified reason.
I have been collecting amiibo since the first wave was released in November 2014.

As for the reaction...I generally am mellow, as A: I did not want to risk missing any info in the trailers with my screaming, and B: I need to be courteous to my apartment neighbors.

Speaking of amiibo...here is what I own in the "Super Smash Bros." lineup.

AAAA: Mario

AAAB: Peach

AAAC: Yoshi

AAAD: Donkey Kong

AAAE: Link

AAAF: Fox

AAAG: Samus

AAAH: Wii Fit Trainer

AAAJ: Villager

AAAK: Pikachu

AAAM: Marth

AAAN: Luigi

AAAP: Diddy Kong

AAAQ: Zelda

AAAR: Little Mac

AAAS: Pit

AAAT: Lucario

AAAU: Captain Falcon

AAAV: Rosalina & Luma

AAAW: Bowser

AAAY: Toon Link

AAAZ: Sheik

AABA: Ike

AABB: Dr. Mario

AABC: Wario

AABD: Ganondorf

AABE: Falco

AABF: Zero Suit Samus

AABG: Olimar

AABH: Palutena

AABJ: Dark Pit

AABN: Charizard

AABP: Greninja

AABQ: Jigglypuff

AABT: Lucina

AABU: Robin

AABV: Shulk

AABW: Ness

AABX: Mr. Game & Watch

AABY: R.O.B. (Famicom)

AABZ: Duck Hunt

AACA: Sonic

AACB: Mega Man

AACC: PAC-MAN

AACD: R.O.B.

AACE: Mewtwo

AACF: Lucas

AACG: Roy

AACH: Ryu

AACL: Corrin

AACM: Bayonetta

AACQ: Bayonetta (Player 2)

Well, I didn't scream... just start running once the whole thing was over.

And that's an impressive collection. Hopefully I will start mine at a later date, but I think they will start releasing amiibo for the Switch game once I start.

By the way, what music do you want in the games (to the forum in general)? Here are my picks:

Mario Kart 8 - Hyrule Circuit
Mario Kart 8 - Big Blue
Mario Kart 8 - Mute City:
Those remixes are amazing in my opinion.
Mario Kart 64 - Rainbow Road: It's sad that they picked the Double Dash!! version instead of this.
Super Mario 64 - Dire Dire Docks: I know it's an extremely calm song, but if we got Route 209, why can't we get this?
Pokémon Ranger - Main Theme (Pokémon Ranger): I will never understand why Nintendo ignores Pokémon spin-offs in Smash.
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Legendaries Trailer: Theatrhythm includes trailer music, why can't Smash do it too?
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Battle! (Vs. Wally): They could make a nice remix of this song.
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Battle! (Vs. Aether Foundation): I bet it's already in the game.
Pokémon Fire Red & Leaf Green - Battle! (Vs. Deoxys): This is something I have been asking for since Brawl.
Mother 3 - Sixteen Melodies: The final song in the game, and a sad one at that.
Mother 3 - Main Theme (64 Version): I know it will never happen, but I can dream.
EarthBound Beginnings - New Age Retro Hippie Battle: This was removed from Brawl, and now that we got both Mother 1 and EarthBound it will be the perfect chance to use it.
Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel: I feel like we have a 70% chance this will be in the game, and knowing Square, they will also add a Sephiroth Assist Trophy.
Final Fantasy V - Battle at the Big Bridge: If they start including music from the other Final Fantasies, then this might have a chance.
Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun: Same as above.
Final Fantasy II - Battle 2: Same as above. Hopefully the same version as the PSP song.
Baten Kaitos - True Mirror: C'mon, guys, why isn't this in the game?
Baten Kaitos - True Mirror (Boss Version): One of the things I remember from that game, well, this and Chaotic Dance (AKA that song nobody knows what it says).
Baten Kaitos Origins - Valedictorian Elegy (Boss Version): I would have preferred that version over the original, but I guess the normal one is more recognized.

And that's all the songs I could think of.

Each Mega Man series should have one song, likewise, they should be part of Mega Man's moveset. I doubt they'll do it though.

If we get anymore newcomers, can we have a villain that's not heavy?

Each Mega Man series should have one song, likewise, they should be part of Mega Man's moveset. I doubt they'll do it though.

If we get anymore newcomers, can we have a villain that's not heavy?
Maybe Vaati from Zelda could work as a toon link -ish villian?

Lol now you have me thinking of franchises that don't have a villian representative. The first one that came to mind was Pikmin. Plasm Wraith for smash plz lol.

Smash Brothers ultimate direct is coming on August 8th at 7am PT and 10 am est.

So does anyone have any guesses on who is going to be revealed?

Back
Top Bottom