• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

If they are truly re-issuing the amiibo, I still need Bowser Jr., Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Corrin (Player 2), Cloud and Cloud (Player 2).

Last edited:
I'm very pumped up about Simon being in the game, he was my most wanted. Glad they're using his original Conan-esque design too. Bonus points for Richter.

Wait...only Dracula is fightable in Dracula's Castle? I wanted to fight the Wolfman, The Creature/Fleaman, Mummy, Death, Carmilla...and whoever this "Kid Dracula" is.

Wait...only Dracula is fightable in Dracula's Castle? I wanted to fight the Wolfman, The Creature/Fleaman, Mummy, Death, Carmilla...and whoever this "Kid Dracula" is.
Wait, that's the only boss of that stage? That's kinda sad. Kid Dracula is a character from another Konami that is related to Castlevania, Kid Dracula. It's a GBC platformer game in which you control a chibi Dracula and must defend his castle from a demon(?) named Galamoth. I guess it's more or less a Castlevania parody and well, I'm not sure if it's even canon, since Galamoth had a cameo in Aria of Sorrow and is one of the villains of Castlevania Judgment.

Wait, that's the only boss of that stage? That's kinda sad. Kid Dracula is a character from another Konami that is related to Castlevania, Kid Dracula. It's a GBC platformer game in which you control a chibi Dracula and must defend his castle from a demon(?) named Galamoth. I guess it's more or less a Castlevania parody and well, I'm not sure if it's even canon, since Galamoth had a cameo in Aria of Sorrow and is one of the villains of Castlevania Judgment.
I literally have only played three games: Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia. Beaten the first two, got stuck on the third.

I wish they kept the anime-style artwork, it looked so much more attractive and appealing to me over the "realistic" pictures.

Prediction: Some of K. Rool's alternate palettes include costumes based on his appearances from Donkey Kong Country 2, 3 and 64.

Well, if they did it for Mario, the Inklings, and Bowser Jr./Koopalings I don't see why they shouldn't do it for him, although I only count 6 different costumes in the Mario Wiki gallery counting spin-offs and the cancelled Donkey Kong Pilot (which most likely will be ignored). Maybe we will get a palette swap based on Klump (that's the brown fat Kremlin, right?), but I don't know what they would do for the last one.

EDIT: I forgot that there is a picture with the purple and blue costumes.

Last edited:
I got another prediction: the ability to create "albums" of Mii Fighters, like you could have one for family members, one for celebrities, etc.

Or at least, the ability to "fave" Mii Fighters so they'll show up at the top.

Yeah mostly everyone wrote her off as an echo fighter. Though when her trailer first aired I thought it was for an actual AC game with no relation to Smash. I'm glad she's not tbh.. Having more unique characters is still honestly better for variety.. Just a bit surprised they didn't reveal anything else that was new though like stages. I'm guessing the next information dump like the new mode would probably be in a Smash direct and not a Nintendo Direct..

The final direct is upon us.
IMG_20181030_123841.jpg
Who do you hope to see being revealed and the new mode that was mentioned before?

-Please, don't be Zack or Ken. If they have to add another Final Fantasy/Street Fighter character, make it worth it, like Terra, Bartz, Chun-Li or Alex.
-Maybe Incineroar would be a good choice, if they add another Pokémon.
-Paper Mario seems nice, but there are too many Mario characters, so I doubt it.
-I would also like Geno, but we know it won't happen.
-Ninten (Mother/EarthBound Beginnings) is another one I would like. Sure, it looks too much like Ness, but it could be only a clone appearance-wise, but with different moves.
-Not sure what are the chances of this happening, but I would like Kalas or Sagi from Baten Kaitos.

I guess that's all, for now.

KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. She is SUCH a perfect fit for Smash, and is one of the few non-Pokemon characters I'd be interested in playing.
The "Grinch" leak had KOS-MOS. But due to the complicated history of XenoGears and XenSaga's ownership which I still don't get, and KOS-MOS only appearing in 3 times on a Nintendo console to my knowledge(Project X Zone 1 & 2, and XenoBlade Chronicles 2 along with T-ELOS as Blades), I've always considered her appearing harder than Waluigi, Goku, and Geno combined. And trolling Sakurai, I would just expect him casually mention say "Oh hey, since KOS-MOS is coming, how bout you play her games. XenoSaga Remastered coming whenever."

But if any "Grinch" leak characters appear, I would like KOS-MOS, Issac, Skull Kid(there have been some people who've seen him in the image), and Shadow and Ken are givens.

Other characters I would like;
Shantae-Way more deserving of the Indie rep than Shovel Knight, since she has made her home with Nintendo since the days of the GameBoy Color.
Viridi(Kid Icarus: Uprising)-I'm personally hoping for her not to be Echo of Palutena, since if Palutena can take stuff from Pit she can take things from her army like Phosphora and Arlon. And with the curve on her staff, she can technically be Smash's first scythe wielder. Anything Palutena can do, Viridi can do better.
Lana(Hyrule Warriors)-Due to the popularity of Hyrule Warriors, and a desperate need of a new Zelda rep(our last "new" rep was Toon Link in Brawl, ten years ago) I have decided on Lana. You can literally copy paste any of her movesets and her costumes from Hyrule Warriors. Plus her weapons are unique; Tomes, a Spear, and the GATES OF TIME, I think she would be pretty unique.
Rex&Pyra(XenoBlade Chronicles 2)-This is going to be very unlikely unless we have a Greninja situation. But god I love Xenoblade so much that I don't care.
Elma(XenoBlade Chronicles X)-Again I love XenoBlade.
Sakura(Street Fighter)ECHO-If Ken can make enough differences to not be a Echo, then Sakura who mimics Ryu can become a good replacement(Thanks Derrick from GameXplain putting this in my head).
Jeanne(Bayonetta 2)ECHO-Another obvious Echo, but don't use the weird Bayonetta 1 design.
Octoling(Splatoon)ECHO-The third obvious Echo, though I want it based on the Octo Expansion design of the Octoling.
Dixie Kong(Donkey Country)ECHO-The end of the King K.Rool trailer was teasing something!!

Yeah, I thought about this. I thought about this a lot.

Last edited:
The "Grinch" leak had KOS-MOS. But due to the complicated history of XenoGears and XenSaga's ownership which I still don't get, and KOS-MOS only appearing in 3 times on a Nintendo console to my knowledge(Project X Zone 1 & 2, and XenoBlade Chronicles 2 along with T-ELOS as Blades), I've always considered her appearing harder than Waluigi, Goku, and Geno combined. And trolling Sakurai, I would just expect him casually mention say "Oh hey, since KOS-MOS is coming, how bout you play her games. XenoSage Remastered coming whenever."
Yes, I've heard of the leak. That's why I have hope for it. Also, there is no complicated history. Xenogears is owned by Square Enix, Xenosaga is owned by Namco. Monolith Soft were the team that worked on both of those games and left the companies, but the companies still have ownership of them.

Also, Xenogears has nothing to do with KOS-MOS. Namco has been involved since Smash 4, so I don't think it's quite as impossible as characters like Goku or Geno. Plus, KOS-MOS appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 adds more credence to it, since Monolith Soft was able to secure rights from Namco.

And I mean, they have plenty of characters who have barely been on Nintendo consoles nowadays, so I don't think that is quite as relevant anymore.

Not that I think it is a guarantee that she will appear, just that I think it more likely than you say.

(If she does appear though, I do hope they use her V1 or V4 designs from Xenosaga 1 or 3, rather than the Xenoblade one.)

Back
Top Bottom