• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I never understood the hype for Geno tbh I never even knew who he was until the Speculation for Smash 4 hit..
Though I'm still hoping Sora does manage to get in.. Maybe Skull kid since he was fun in Hyrule warriors. And an LoZ newcomer is long since overdue.

(If she does appear though, I do hope they use her V1 or V4 designs from Xenosaga 1 or 3, rather than the Xenoblade one.)
I'm expecting if KOS-MOS is in to use all the costumes for her, and have at least one variant for each costume to represent all of them. Though with V4 being the standard nowadays will probably be her default.

I would love Skull Kid, but didn't they kind of already use his would-be final smash as an assist trophy (i.e. the moon)? And I really don't like that recent leak of the final banner. I know some people have strong evidence of it being real, but those characters just don't seem like ones that would be actually added.

Also, as stated above, Elma for Smash would be like a dream come true. Too bad Xenoblade X is far overshadowed by 1 and 2 :(

When Rex and Pyra in Smash is now history:
tenor.gif

Here is the official reveal trailer for the 2 new characters revealed today:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0sqq6p_b4

Not only do I feel happy as a Pokemon fan, but also as a Street Fighter veteran as well to see both Ken and Incineroar two of my more favorite characters in the franchise.

Ironically I was using Incineroar in Ultra Sun not long before the broadcast started. Now that is weird luck.

I'm pretty disappointed with the addition of Incineroar, honestly. It's my least favorite starter from this Gen and I doubt it is as popular as the other two like Greninja was. I think, even though I don't really like Decidueye all that much either, it would've been a more interesting pick. But I guess Pokken probably influenced their choice and they wouldn't go with Primarina. Sigh.

Well, there's still a story mode! I'm glad they added that.

Incineroar. I've despised that thing since it was first leaked prior to Sun/Moon, and now it comes back to haunt and destroy my dreams for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. You can say I hate it even more now.

I'm happy for Ridley and K Rool fans that they finally go the characters they wanted out of this game. As for me, I got Leaf, which is nice... But I honestly don't even know if I want to purchase this game at this point. I think this Direct was a major hype crash for me and it just can't be overcome.

I reacted the opposite way: I wanted Incineroar to be in Smash since that looked like a match made in Heaven, and judging by the trailer, I was right. Ken, on the other hand... was completely disappointing. I would have liked anyone else except him or the other Ryu clones. Good job, Capcom, you wasted a completely good slot.

And another thing about Rex, with his Mii costume they actually have Gramps sitting in his hat just like in the actual game...

That ain't easin ma pain Nintendo.
:cry:

Still this was a crazy Direct. Some good stuff, some disappointing stuff and some "what even is this" stuff (like the Gacha looking Spirit stuff although I'm happy to see some of Nintendo's more obscurer stuff getting acknowledged).

Oh right, I forgot about two things: Piranha Plant is a weird choice for a new fighter, but it's way better in my opinion than Ken and Dark Samus. Also, the Spirits mode looks fun. No matter how disappointed I am at the clones, I'm buying the game. The good outweights the bad in my opinion.

I don't particularly like Incineroar's design either, but that's mostly because of how it clashes with Torracat's design before it.

But once again, they saved the best reveals for last: Pirahna Plant as a surprise new fighter was ridiculous, and the new adventure mode (with a fully voiced theme song, too!) looks like it will be awesome.

I know I'm late to the party, but the Direct was underwhelming, but not disappointing; I feel like too much time was spent explaining the Spirits and online play. Also, I welcome Incineroar and Piranha Plant with open arms, and may even pick them up and try them, though I'm still playing/having a picket Ness/Puff

I have one minor complaint regarding "World of Light".

Sonic should've survived instead of Kirby. I don't care that Sakurai created him, I have more memories of Sonic in my childhood. I didn't even know who Kirby was until I played the original Super Smash Bros. in 1999.

Sonic should've survived instead of Kirby. I don't care that Sakurai created him, I have more memories of Sonic in my childhood. I didn't even know who Kirby was until I played the original Super Smash Bros. in 1999.
But he's not even a Nintendo Character.

Insert "you're too slow" joke here

Overall, it looks like World of Light will be a hybrid between an adventure-mode and event battles. Neat.

Back
Top Bottom