• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

But he's not even a Nintendo Character.
No, but I have so many fond memories of him from when I was little. Seeing him disintegrate actually made me bawl.

Oh well...I can just write a story and have Kirby be destroyed instead of Sonic.

Kinda know your pain, but with Lucas. If it was my choice, he should have been a/the survivor. Mother 3 has been the only game not named Pokémon that I have beaten multiple times.
I'm also going to include my Mii self in the rewrite.

According to my amiibo collection, I have 71 figurines that are compatible with Super Smash Bros. 4, while the remaining 33 currently do not, and some of them may be compatible with Ultimate.

Last edited:
Kirby does make sense though.. Kirby just needs to activate the warp Star's maximum speed to be able to escape. It would likely need to be one of the 8 originals due to Starting fighter and.. None of other original fighters made sense.. Mario (too slow, no ship), Link (could potentially make it with warp songs but they aren't here, DK (too slow, no ship, Fox (could potentially if he was already in an Arwing but not on the ground), Pikachu (isn't fast enough) , Samus (would probably be the same as Fox), Yoshi (Same as Mario and Dk).
I'm not even sure if Sonic could have made it if the affected area was the entire planet.. For a character to make it they'd need to have a way off the planet in the blink of an eye.. And i think Kirby is the only one out of the entire roster who wouldn't need to take the time to go to a ship, start it up then get off the planet with that kind of speed..

Kirby does make sense though.. Kirby just needs to activate the warp Star's maximum speed to be able to escape. It would likely need to be one of the 8 originals due to Starting fighter and.. None of other original fighters made sense.. Mario (too slow, no ship), Link (could potentially make it with warp songs but they aren't here, DK (too slow, no ship, Fox (could potentially if he was already in an Arwing but not on the ground), Pikachu (isn't fast enough) , Samus (would probably be the same as Fox), Yoshi (Same as Mario and Dk).
I'm not even sure if Sonic could have made it if the affected area was the entire planet.. For a character to make it they'd need to have a way off the planet in the blink of an eye.. And i think Kirby is the only one out of the entire roster who wouldn't need to take the time to go to a ship, start it up then get off the planet with that kind of speed..
That reminds me, all of the characters are gonna take a long time to unlock.

A question about the controllers. For the Gamecube controllers, is an adapter really necessary? I've also seen two different versions of the new GC controller, one with 4 buttons, the other with 5 buttons.

Otherwise, the controllers are the Joy Con or near field communication Switch controllers, does that mean wireless?

The first thing I plan to do once I boot up the game next month is to import all the Smash 4 data from my amiibo, and then possibly create new ones.

After that, I will unlock everyone.

Once that is finished, then I will start the adventure mode.

Last edited:
I guess I will start Adventure Mode first and use it to unlock characters assuming it works like the Subspace Emissary. Specially since I already unlocked the previous game's characters the cheap way (the "battle x times" method). Maybe unlock the stages (is there any unlockable stage?) as I go along.

Looks like this Story mode will be a lot longer than the Subspace Emissary mode just by looking at the map alone. As for Amiibo, I really hope the Splatoon line of Inkling Amiibos are compatible with Ultimate, mainly because I refuse to buy duplicates, plus I have both the Boy and Girl versions of the Amiibo.

Looks like this Story mode will be a lot longer than the Subspace Emissary mode just by looking at the map alone. As for Amiibo, I really hope the Splatoon line of Inkling Amiibos are compatible with Ultimate, mainly because I refuse to buy duplicates, plus I have both the Boy and Girl versions of the Amiibo.
I believe any Amiibo can work with Ultimate if is a character that is playable. So, you can use Amiibo like Mario from the Mario set for Ultimate.

Though I do hope there are remodel's for Link, Zelda(especially her since she is a model that hasn't been made) and any other fighter that has change in design for Smash,

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I honestly thought the Subspace Emissary was tremendously boring. THIS story mode looks amazing, though. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through another month.

(Also, I believe all the stages are available from the beginning.)

I have Splatoon 2 to play while I wait, with Mega Man X and Animal Crossing sprinkled between breaks.

So apparently Nintendo is releasing the Smash edition Switch a month before the game launches? Because the store I work at posted a notice reiterating that the included download code won't be active until the game's release date.

I believe any Amiibo can work with Ultimate if is a character that is playable. So, you can use Amiibo like Mario from the Mario set for Ultimate.

Though I do hope there are remodel's for Link, Zelda(especially her since she is a model that hasn't been made) and any other fighter that has change in design for Smash,
Sorry, but I read that they only plan to reissue the original Smash 4 amiibo, no creating "new" ones unless they are either newcomers or veterans cut from the fourth installment. Fourth and fifth if, like Sakurai, you counted the 3DS and Wii U versions as separate installments.

Back
Top Bottom