• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I'm sure you're going to be able to do it, playing as Peach using her black costume while having a Bowser Spirit equipped along with starting with a Fire Flower in battle.
Bowser has a Spirit?

Oh hey, Viridi is a Spirit, unable to return to home. I call it karma~

Well, there's a Daisy spirit based on one of the Mario spinoffs, and there's also a (Meta) Ridley one, so I guess there are spirits based on the fighter's artworks from their respective games.
I'm more confused.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Xander Mobus (Smash announcer) sounds more like Corey Burton as the announcer from all those recent Goofy shorts that were on Mickey Mouse Works?

I'm more confused.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Xander Mobus (Smash announcer) sounds more like Corey Burton as the announcer from all those recent Goofy shorts that were on Mickey Mouse Works?

1- Well, Smashwiki has a category called Fighter Spirits, which makes me think that you can get Spirits based on the fighters, however, I don't know how they could work. Maybe they give boosts to the respective fighters?

2- I don't know. I only watched the LA version of Mickey Mouse Works.

1- Well, Smashwiki has a category called Fighter Spirits, which makes me think that you can get Spirits based on the fighters, however, I don't know how they could work. Maybe they give boosts to the respective fighters?

2- I don't know. I only watched the LA version of Mickey Mouse Works.
LA version?

Anyway...I'm hoping we get a sort of "album" for Spirits collected, and that there isn't a limit on how many you can store in your save file.

Also, I don't plan to play this game online.

Last edited:
The Latin American version.

And yes, I hope there's unlimited space for spirits. It would be a shame to include so much spirits and be forced to only keep some, which is my problem with most collections in games (ex: Digimon, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc).

Oh cool, they still have the intensity meter for Classic mode. 0.0 difficulty, here I come!

I hope that spirits become something like a checklist or something since they are going to be replacing trophies.

I'm also hoping that they let you save 30-second versions of any match played, like in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so I can use the Capture button and save video clips to my Switch to look back on when I'm old and grey.

I almost forgot, but APPARENTLY there was a bit of controversy regarding one of Mr. Game & Watch's attacks.

Last edited:
I'm also hoping that they let you save 30-second versions of any match played, like in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so I can use the Capture button and save video clips to my Switch to look back on when I'm old and grey.

I almost forgot, but APPARENTLY there was a bit of controversy regarding one of Mr. Game & Watch's attacks.
Yeah, I guess Nintendo caved and patched it already.

G&W's Fsmash was similarly altered in the GBA rerelease too.

Don't be too quick to judge, though. Some people get easily offended, but genuinely offended nonetheless, and the Internet is a rent-a-mob like no other.

Come to think of it...I bet replacing 3D trophies with 2D Spirits must have freed up a ton of space for all those stages, characters and music.

If there's a Spirit of Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, I am NEVER giving her up.

Can somebody tell me what was the Mr. Game & Watch controversy? Because the only thing that I know that was censored in the games is the Carmilla/Camilla* spirit.

*Not sure if they were talking about the Castlevania character or a character named Camilla.

EDIT: I read about the Mr. G&W thing now. This seems like a kinda recent thing since they also did something similar to Splatoon.

About the censored character: Yup, it was Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates. Call me a puritan, but I prefer her censored design. Cleavage windows that big don't look good in my opinion.

EDIT 2: Also, it's good that it wasn't the Castlevania character. She would need a whole redesign to censor her.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what was the Mr. Game & Watch controversy? Because the only thing that I know that was censored in the games is the Carmilla/Camilla* spirit.

*Not sure if they were talking about the Castlevania character or a character named Camilla.

EDIT: I read about the Mr. G&W thing now. This seems like a kinda recent thing since they also did something similar to Splatoon.

About the censored character: Yup, it was Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates. Call me a puritan, but I prefer her censored design. Cleavage windows that big don't look good in my opinion.

EDIT 2: Also, it's good that it wasn't the Castlevania character. She would need a whole redesign to censor her.
They also altered Mythra's outfit (from Xenoblade Chronicles 2) since she shows a lot of... Skin .yeah, let's say skin.

Are characters still unlocked via Vs. Matches?
Possibly? Aside from the first Smash, that's something that has appeared in every single game. Thankfully, in each game the amount of battles is lowered (1000 battles in Melee vs 100 in Smash Wii U/3DS). I guess they had to do that since they took out the "Ness in Jungle Japes" exploit.

EDIT: Seeing the amount of characters that are in Ultimate, even that method looks like it will take more than one day.

Back
Top Bottom