• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Behold, my first victory in the demo for Ultimate at the Mall of America yesterday.

dctefcn-5edbfbee-41f2-45f9-bc70-d64571b1c266.jpg

I doubt this will even be considered a spoiler (since it’s about one of the voice actors) but in terms of the voices (which I did see the credits leaked onto the Internet, won’t say where) I was surprised to see that
Tom Wayland was in the voice cast list which means his clips of Arceus and Keldeo from the previous game are reused. Since he left the show after XY due to a controversy I won’t go into I’m surprised that they actually didn’t do some new audio clips with new actors but I suppose since Nintendo is going archive audio crazy they just found it cheaper and easier to just reuse the audio.

I doubt this will even be considered a spoiler (since it’s about one of the voice actors) but in terms of the voices (which I did see the credits leaked onto the Internet, won’t say where) I was surprised to see that
Tom Wayland was in the voice cast list which means his clips of Arceus and Keldeo from the previous game are reused. Since he left the show after XY due to a controversy I won’t go into I’m surprised that they actually didn’t do some new audio clips with new actors but I suppose since Nintendo is going archive audio crazy they just found it cheaper and easier to just reuse the audio.
Well, they have been reusing audio since Melee, so I don't find it that weird. For example, the Koopalings' sound effects are taken from Mario Kart 8, and if I recall correctly (take it with a big grain of salt since I'm not sure), Ness and Pikachu's Final Smash quotes are taken from the unused ones from Smash 64.

Well, they have been reusing audio since Melee, so I don't find it that weird. For example, the Koopalings' sound effects are taken from Mario Kart 8, and if I recall correctly (take it with a big grain of salt since I'm not sure), Ness and Pikachu's Final Smash quotes are taken from the unused ones from Smash 64.
I thought the Koopalings' voice clips were taken from New Super Mario Bros. U (which, in turn, is where Mario Kart 8's Koopalings' voice clips came from)?

Also, at the Mall of America, we had to stand in line, and could be allowed to play in groups of four players each, and those groups got to play only two matches before handing the controllers to the next group behind us. Since I got into four groups throughout the day, this meant I got to play 8 rounds total.

What I did each time was pick a veteran for the first round, then a newcomer on the second.

Group 1, Round 1: Pac-Man
Group 1, Round 2: King K. Rool

Group 2, Round 1: Lucas
Group 2, Round 2: Inkling

Group 3, Round 1: Mega Man
Group 3, Round 2: Simon

Group 4, Round 1: Duck Hunt
Group 4, Round 2: Incineroar

By the way, Nintendo announced that anyone who has save data from "Let's Go Pikachu" or "Let's Go Eevee" on their Switch will immediately unlock Spirits of Partner Pikachu or Partner Eevee, respectively. Perhaps, maybe, someone could add this info to either the Ultimate article or the articles of Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee or the Partner Pokémon page?

Last edited:
Yup, those that don't get the games have to wait a little bit to unlock them.

Also, related to the datamine but not a spoiler, should I find it weird that the stock icons has not been leaked? I wanted to get them for myself, but I guess I'll have to wait till the game is released. Again, not a spoiler since I'm talking about something that has been in the games since always.

We've officially got less than 24 hours left in the US East coast. So what is everyone going to do with Smash Ultimate first? I'm going straight for Spirits mode to unlock as many characters as i can.. I'll also be going left once i hit that path since i haven't seen any video of players going that way yet..

We've officially got less than 24 hours left in the US East coast. So what is everyone going to do with Smash Ultimate first? I'm going straight for Spirits mode to unlock as many characters as i can.. I'll also be going left once i hit that path since i haven't seen any video of players going that way yet..
I'm going to unlock everyone in Vs. mode BEFORE I do "World of Light". You know, in case I'm unable to save Sonic in that mode.

Also, technically I have 1 day, 6 hours and 20 minutes left until Best Buy opens on Friday. You know, because that's where I preordered my copy. I'm taking the 8:45 AM bus to Best Buy (it gets there at the top of the hour), picking up my copy, then heading home.

Unfortunately, I still have to work later that day, and since it's on a day where I do "contracts" (as in, go to another building to do some cleaning), I can't skip it. Though I WILL make Friday the exception to my personal "never take the Switch outside the apartment because of the cold weather" rule.

Last edited:
I will unlock the characters through Vs. Mode because reasons, then I will alternate between Classic Mode, Spirits/World of Light and unlocking music. Thank God they got rid of CDs, since that was a horrible mechanic in my opinion.

Definitely going for World of Light first, I'm pretty sure we will be able to save every single character, I just hope I can save Inkling as soon as possible so I can use him as soon as possible.

For me I am going to Gamestop and getting it there. I will start with World of Light to unlock characters until I have a better idea of unlocking characters elsewhere.

My brother pre-ordered the game from Amazon for me, I already paid him what I owed, so I don't need to go to Game Stop to get the game anymore, it'll just arrive at my house. :D

I have to wait till January to see if I can get an used Switch... And then see if someone sells the game where I live. Not because they don't sell it, but because the series is freakin' popular. For example, I had to wait two weeks for Smash 3DS because it sold out too quickly.

I have to wait till January to see if I can get an used Switch... And then see if someone sells the game where I live. Not because they don't sell it, but because the series is freakin' popular. For example, I had to wait two weeks for Smash 3DS because it sold out too quickly.
Try to get it before you lose the chance to play as Piranha Plant forever.

Try to get it before you lose the chance to play as Piranha Plant forever.
This is wrong. Piranha Plant isn’t going to disappear from the game after January 2019. It’ll still be available to purchase.

You just miss having it for free if you don’t register the game in My Nintendo before January 31 2019.

Back
Top Bottom