• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Does anyone know how often the in-game shop that sells the music, outfits, etc. changes? I thought it was daily, but I came back to it earlier today and noticed it had changed from earlier in the day.

Does anyone know how often the in-game shop that sells the music, outfits, etc. changes? I thought it was daily, but I came back to it earlier today and noticed it had changed from earlier in the day.
They change when you play a match. Similar to the trophy shop in the last installment.

For anyone who's having trouble winning the Challenger Approaching battles, especially the later ones, when unlocking characters, here is something that worked extremely well for me. Use a big, strong character that packs a punch and can take a hit. The best character for this, for me, is Pokémon Trainer with Charizard as the first, and main, Pokémon. His Flare Blitz can kill at relatively low percentages, especially if the enemy is anywhere close to the edge. While you will take recoil damage from the Flare Blitz, it shouldn't matter too much since it'll be a finishing move, and boy will it finish. I unlocked most of the later characters with that one move. Failing Charizard, Donkey Kong is a good second choice, but in my experience, Charizard is best. I didn't try many other characters, though, since Charizard, or rather, his Flare Blitz, was working so well in winning those battles. And this is coming from someone who doesn't main Pokémon Trainer, though that may change in the future. I really like Pokémon Trainer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

That reminds me... How are Bowser, Lucas and Mii Brawler in this game? Those are the ones I know how to use the best (aside from Mario, but everyone knows how to play as him).

I've become like low key convinced that porky is gonna make it in as a dlc fighter. I'm gonna be so disappointed if I'm wrong. Come on porky, I believe in you.

Last edited:
Okay, after much consideration...I will settle for defeating one challenger per day. I only have 17 more to unlock.

file

Okay, after much consideration...I will settle for defeating one challenger per day. I only have 17 more to unlock.

file
Classic mode is a much faster way to unlock characters, here's the order:

Mario - Sonic - Bayonetta - Little Mac - Ike - Luigi - Roy - Dr. Mario - Olimar

DK - Bowser - Pokémon Trainer - Rosalina - Dedede - Sheik - Greninja - Diddy - Duck Hunt

Link - K. Rool - Ice Climbers - Simon - Meta Knight - Snake - Y. Link - Richter - T. Link

Samus - Inkling - Wii Fit - Pit - Incineroar - D. Samus - Cloud - Wario - D. Pit

Yoshi - Lucario - Marth - Ryu - Ganondorf - Lucina - Ridley - Chrom - Ken

Kirby - Ness - Jigglypuff - Pac-Man - Zelda - Robin - Corrin - Lucas - Palutena

Fox - C. Falcon - ZS Samus - Peach - Falco - Daisy - Bowser Jr. - Wolf - Mewtwo

Pikachu - Villager - Shulk - R.O.B. - Mega Man - Isabelle - Mr. G&W - Pichu

I blame the guy that thought it was a good idea to change the unlock conditions from vs battles to time

Here you go:
Outfits:
Ashley
Astronaut
Wild West Wear
Bearsuit
Biker
Black Knight
Business Suit
Cat Suit
Captain Falcon
Chibi Robo
Tracksuit
Chrom
Ray Mk III
Butler Outfit
Dragon Armor
Dunban
Flying Man
Cybernetic Suit
Isabelle
King K. Rool
KK Slider
Toy-Con
Link Outfit
Champion’s Outfit (BOTW Link I assume)
Lip Outfit
Mecha Suit
Maid Outfit
Builder Mario
Fighter Uniform
Bionic Suit
Monkey Suit
Viridi
Nia
Ninja Suit
Pirate Outfit
High-Tech Armor
Protective Gear
Ribbon Girl
Isaac
Saki Amamiya
Samus Armor
SSB T-Shirt
Skull Kid
Special Forces Outfit
Inkling (Male & Female)
Inkling (Male & Female) (SP2)
Spring Man
Fox Outfit
Steampunk Getup
Takamaru
Toad
Vampire
Vince’s Outfit
Yiga Clan Outfit
Woolly Yoshi Outfit
Hats:
Arcade Bunny Hat
Cappy
Dixie Kong’s Hat
Mr. Saturn
Marx’s Hat

Why do you think that?
it's possible "convinced" wasn't the right word, but porky has some stuff that's making him seem more likely. First off he doesn't have a spirit, which is really weird for such a prominent character -- piranha plant also lacks a spirit, which results in me thinking porky might be dlc too. Secondly, there's a rumor that mother 3 is going to get an english translation soon, which would make him even more likely. Smash ultimate has had a bit of an emphasis on antagonists too, with all of ridley, dark samus, k. rool, and piranha plant getting in (incinerorar also has a villain vibe if you want to count it). Also, next near is both the year of the pig (chinese zodiac) and mother's 30th anniversary, for whatever that's worth.

give me porky pls
I need everything I can to fill the void in my heart left by the lack of playable ghirahim

it's possible "convinced" wasn't the right word, but porky has some stuff that's making him seem more likely. First off he doesn't have a spirit, which is really weird for such a prominent character -- piranha plant also lacks a spirit, which results in me thinking porky might be dlc too. Secondly, there's a rumor that mother 3 is going to get an english translation soon, which would make him even more likely. Smash ultimate has had a bit of an emphasis on antagonists too, with all of ridley, dark samus, k. rool, and piranha plant getting in (incinerorar also has a villain vibe if you want to count it). Also, next near is both the year of the pig (chinese zodiac) and mother's 30th anniversary, for whatever that's worth.

give me porky pls
I need everything I can to fill the void in my heart left by the lack of playable ghirahim
I love Mother 3, in fact, aside from Pokémon it's the only game I have beaten multiple times, however, people have been promising a Mother 3 English translation for more than two decades, to the point I can't trust anyone that mentions it (Emily Rogers comes to mind).

There's also the problem with, ahem, certain scenes from the games that might need to get altered to make it possible, like the Magypsies and how Lucas learned PSI. Sure, the fact that Porky's spirit is missing is suspicious, but I don't think he will be in the game.

Sorry, I'm just a disappointed person that has been waiting patiently for the day we can play an official translation since 10 years ago.

Thanks Prog Rocker.

My desires for the DLC characters are:

1. Roll (without making her a Mega Man echo)

2. Hawlucha or Decidueye (it'd be nice to have a playable ghost type)

3. A Star Fox character that doesn't share the same base moveset as the others.

4. Cranky Kong with his Tropical Freeze moveset maybe with the orange grenades from 64.

5. Mappy

Thanks Prog Rocker.

My desires for the DLC characters are:

1. Roll (without making her a Mega Man echo)

2. Hawlucha or Decidueye (it'd be nice to have a playable ghost type)

3. A Star Fox character that doesn't share the same base moveset as the others.

4. Cranky Kong with his Tropical Freeze moveset maybe with the orange grenades from 64.

5. Mappy
1. I don't want any more clones in the game, however, I respect people that want them (as long as they are logical). I would prefer Roll with her Tatsunoko vs Capcom moves. I might be biased since she was one of my mains and TvC doesn't get the love it deserves.

2. Even though I love Pokémon, I don't want anymore in the game. Sincerely, I would have preferred Hawlucha over Greninja since I feel it would have fit better, but it's too late now.

3. You know, if Krystal wasn't an Assist Trophy, she could have used Fox's moves from Star Fox Adventures/Dinosaur Planet. I guess they didn't think of that, although judging from what they said when they rejected her from Brawl, she would have ended as another Fox clone. So, yay?

4. I have not played Donkey Kong Country, mostly because I suck at platformers, can you show me a video where I can see his abilities?

5. I'm curious about this. How will he fight?

EDIT: Now that I think about clones: Can somebody tell me why clones are alright now? I'm curious because, if I'm remembering correctly, that was one of the things people complained about SSB4.

Last edited:
EDIT: Now that I think about clones: Can somebody tell me why clones are alright now? I'm curious because, if I'm remembering correctly, that was one of the things people complained about SSB4.
Maybe because they specifically coined a term (echo fighter) to acknowledge their clone status? Granted, not all "clones" are labeled as such -- Ganondorf is still basically a heavier Captain Falcon (but now with Ike's smash attacks!) and Isabelle clones several moves straight off Villager, but they don't get the label.

Back
Top Bottom