• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

At least it's not as cringy as Ike's new voice, he sounds like lost the will to battle. If you compare his new voice to his old voice, you'll definitely hear a difference.

Will I lose any spirits that alter the map in "World of Light" if I either dismiss them or feed them to my amiibo? I've got a Mario amiibo, and I've given him the green/brown palette as he's nicknamed after Sheva Alomar from Resident Evil 5, and I want to give him a few gun-based abilities like having higher attacks from shooting to reference Sheva.

Last edited:
Yes, you lose any Spirits that you use to enhance your Amiibo with, as explained by Sakurai. Be careful of which spirit you use with your Amiibo, because there exist spirits that can be enhanced or "upgraded" at level 99.

Yes, you lose any Spirits that you use to enhance your Amiibo with, as explained by Sakurai. Be careful of which spirit you use with your Amiibo, because there exist spirits that can be enhanced or "upgraded" at level 99.
I'm talking about spirits that remove obstacles on the map, like Bomb Man destroying rocks. Will I still be able to use Bomb Man on the map if I dismiss him outside the game?

I'm talking about spirits that remove obstacles on the map, like Bomb Man destroying rocks. Will I still be able to use Bomb Man on the map if I dismiss him outside the game?
I don't think so, Spirits seem to be universal, as some that I got from Spirit Board were able to be used in World of Light. But there are Spirits that do appear in both World of Light and Spirit Board like the Shy Guy spirit.

I don't think so, Spirits seem to be universal, as some that I got from Spirit Board were able to be used in World of Light. But there are Spirits that do appear in both World of Light and Spirit Board like the Shy Guy spirit.
I don't want to use the Spirit Board since it's always random, and knowing my luck I'll never get the same exact one I need. Even if I do defeat one, I might hit the shield by mistake, costing me my chance of getting that spirit.

I don't want to use the Spirit Board since it's always random, and knowing my luck I'll never get the same exact one I need. Even if I do defeat one, I might hit the shield by mistake, costing me my chance of getting that spirit.
Well, a guaranteed way to get the same spirits again is through New Game+, it is essentially a way to get guaranteed duplicates of specific Spirits because the layout is exactly the same, no randomness there.

Well, a guaranteed way to get the same spirits again is through New Game+, it is essentially a way to get guaranteed duplicates of specific Spirits because the layout is exactly the same, no randomness there.
I still haven't even defeated Galeem yet. And I've heard that

getting the true ending requires getting Bayonetta, who is INCREDIBLY difficult to defeat in the game.

Also, whose bright idea is it to make rematches have long loading times, whereas quitting to the map is instant?

I still haven't even defeated Galeem yet. And I've heard that getting the true ending requires getting Bayonetta, who is INCREDIBLY difficult to defeat in the game.

Also, whose bright idea is it to make rematches have long loading times, whereas quitting to the map is instant?
A player controlled Bayonetta can be really hard to win against, but AI Bayonetta doesn't have the smarts to keep going with combos. Any Bayonetta main wouldn't let up with the combos that she can pull in which that's where the AI Bayonetta doesn't think to do, sure she might do that sweeping attack before attacking upward, but unlike player Bayonettas, she doesn't do that cross in the air most of the time. For characters who love doing combos, Marth, Roy or Lucina may be your best bet against them as their counterattacks are fast enough to hit them, this definitely helped me beat a Gold Sonic who had the Super Sonic spirit, a Legend class spirit, I definitely couldn't beat him with Inkling or Lucario, despite both of them being medium-small targets.

A player controlled Bayonetta can be really hard to win against, but AI Bayonetta doesn't have the smarts to keep going with combos. Any Bayonetta main wouldn't let up with the combos that she can pull in which that's where the AI Bayonetta doesn't think to do, sure she might do that sweeping attack before attacking upward, but unlike player Bayonettas, she doesn't do that cross in the air most of the time. For characters who love doing combos, Marth, Roy or Lucina may be your best bet against them as their counterattacks are fast enough to hit them, this definitely helped me beat a Gold Sonic who had the Super Sonic spirit, a Legend class spirit, I definitely couldn't beat him with Inkling or Lucario, despite both of them being medium-small targets.
Don't know if Final Smashes happen during WoL unlock battles, but if that's the case, and they haven't fixed certain AI defects, then you should not worry about Bayonetta's. 9 out of 10 times she will waste it and only do two hits. I like to watch CPU vs CPU matches and so far, she has yet to call Gomorrah in any match in either for Wii U or for 3DS.

At least it's not as cringy as Ike's new voice, he sounds like lost the will to battle. If you compare his new voice to his old voice, you'll definitely hear a difference.

At least he doesn't mispronounce every single word...

I like Greg Chun's Ike, Jason Adkins' voice for him didn't sit well with me even in PoR and RD imo.

I almost got Hinoka's spirit but I messed up and I didn't have a Rematch on me since I used it for a different spirit, so I'll have to play the waiting game like for Leif's spirit. Also gonna play some more matches with my brother tomorrow, he seems to love using Isabelle.

If you hit the shield, you generally get one "free" (as in you don't have to win another battle against it) retry, provided you have SP.
I don't understand the reloading time either. However, in some matches you DO need some time to cool off before the next attempt....

Here's what I have for my Peach (Smash Bros.) amiibo:

She is nicknamed RUTO after Ruto from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Her palette is Peach's blue dress, and the ability I had her inherit makes her swim indefinitely, since Ruto's a Zora, an aquatic creature. Maybe I should check for additional abilities relating to her crush on Link?~

I haven't used any of my amiibo yet for Ultimate, though thinking about it now I might start with my Cloud (both FFVII and AC) amiibo's first and train them for a while, and maybe my male Corrin afterwards.

My Yoshi amiibo is nicknamed "ACEROLA" after...well, you're in a Pokémon forum, so I'll let you figure that out. The palette is a purple Yoshi. Now, what to give Acerola based on her interest in ghosts...any ideas? I've got an extra "Magic Resist +" since Ghost types take less damage from Psychic-type moves, right?

My Yoshi amiibo is nicknamed "ACEROLA" after...well, you're in a Pokémon forum, so I'll let you figure that out. The palette is a purple Yoshi. Now, what to give Acerola based on her interest in ghosts...any ideas? I've got an extra "Magic Resist +" since Ghost types take less damage from Psychic-type moves, right?
Isn't there a Mimikyu Spirit? Although that would only fit since it was the Ghost trial Totem.

Finally managed to summon all the Ace spirits I could summon, unfortunately couldn't summon some because I didn't have the right spirits. But at least I managed to finally summon both Kyurem fusions. Also summoned all the Legend spirits I didn't have at the moment.

My next amiibo, Donkey Kong (Smash Bros.). His nickname is VIOLA after Viola from Pokémon X and Y. The palette I chose is green, since that's basically her clothing color. I've been careful not to get rid of any high-ranked spirits or spirits that will give me an immunity to stage issues like high winds or lava on the Spirit Board, though I decided to give it the "Perfect Shield Reflect" as it's the closest I can think of regarding cameras. You gotta take that instant snap before the photo-based opportunity is missed, you know? The same goes for shielding, you gotta shield RIGHT before getting attacked, or however that ability works.

Psychic-type attacks simply have normal effect on Ghost-types, actually.

Back
Top Bottom