• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Psychic-type attacks simply have normal effect on Ghost-types, actually.
Eh, considering fire attacks aren't as strong against Ivysaur in Ultimate as they did in Brawl, I'm letting this pass. (Also, I already had Acerola inherit the ability before you posted that, don't know how to remove skills)

My next amiibo, Link, I've nicknamed ROUGE after Rouge the Bat, the palette is of "Dark Link" since bats are associated with the night. I gave him the "easy escapability" since Rouge always gets away, as per the norm of a thief.

Considering Inklings don't get KO'd instantly when swimming in water in Smash while they dissolve immediately if they try to swim in it in their original games, Smash isn't about making sense anyways, at least with Ultimate.

Fox, I've given the nickname ROSALINA...self-explanatory here...gave him the mostly-blue outfit after her dress, and his ability is "Super Launch Star equipped".

Samus, nicknamed "ANNA" after Anna from Frozen, blue suit because of her mainly-iconic blue outfit in the movie, despite being covered by a purple shawl, and I gave her "Stats Up after Eating" because...listen to the song "Love Is an Open Door", as they always finish each other's sandwiches.

Last edited:
Considering Inklings don't get KO'd instantly when swimming in water in Smash while they dissolve immediately if they try to swim in it in their original games, Smash isn't about making sense anyways, at least with Ultimate.
To be fair if they did that then it would just make it easy to kill them.. They still take damage while swimming but having something that can kill them without being at a certain percentage wouldn't be fair for the character.. Fire type Pokémon would technically be in the same category.. ~~but then again Rhydon gets surf in the actual Pokémon games.. So :shrug:~~

Shouldn't the Inklings throw a tantrum after losing like in their own game instead of clapping and looking happy in Ultimate?

Last edited:
I just now realized Chrom doesn't have the same Id Purpose victory theme as Lucina and Robin do, is it because he's an echo of Roy or what? Very minor I know but it kind of bugs me now lol.

I've decided to start 2019...

...by dismissing EVERY SINGLE SPIRIT I OWN.

Yep, that's right. I'm gonna start 2019 on a blank slate. I'm gonna start collecting all over again without having to restart my game. Otherwise, I'd have to unlock all the fighters again, and I don't want to go through THAT horrific nightmare again.

Well, I think I've defeated all spirits on the World of Light map....
the Light side only, that is
Some of them were definitely fluke victories. The Shine Sprite, for example, I was knocked offstage and falling down when Rosalina (main enemy fighter) accidentally gets caught in a Launch Star and promptly shot off the top of the stage. Luckily she hit the screen on the way out or I would've been the first KO.

Does it bother anyone else that you try to make that one spirit appear on the Spirit Board but it never appears? I have wasted all of my All Suppport items and not a single time has Togepi appeared.

By the way, in case anyone's wondering about my "World of Light" progress...

I deleted the save data.

Does it bother anyone else that you try to make that one spirit appear on the Spirit Board but it never appears? I have wasted all of my All Suppport items and not a single time has Togepi appeared.
Yep, certain FE, Pokémon, and Castlevania spirits won't appear for me for a while now. Didn't help that when I was trying to get Hinoka I wasted my last Rematch on a different spirit before her, so now it's just the waiting game for me lol.

My Wii Fit Trainer amiibo is nicknamed "YANG" after Yang from RWBY, female trainer with yellow top palette, and I gave her the ability "Fist Attack Up" due to Yang's punching ability.

Also, the Spirit Board (1/4-1/7) will have NES and Famicom characters.

Last edited:
Yep, certain FE, Pokémon, and Castlevania spirits won't appear for me for a while now. Didn't help that when I was trying to get Hinoka I wasted my last Rematch on a different spirit before her, so now it's just the waiting game for me lol.

Anna often has Hinoka to buy but it's not cheap though at $4000 sp

Anna often has Hinoka to buy but it's not cheap though at $4000 sp
Yeah I keep forgetting about that since I haven't really touched WoL much anymore, might just go ahead and buy the spirit from Anna later if Hinoka doesn't appear sometime tonight.

I ended up erasing my Ultimate data.
Just curious, but why? If you don't mind my asking. I don't think I'd be able to erase all my data after all that time getting all those characters and certain spirits I've been hunting down.

I would never erase my Ultimate data, it holds the three event exclusive spirits, no way I'm ever going to give those up.

Back
Top Bottom