• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

There are event-exclusive Spirits? I hate you, Hal, I hate you.
Yeah spirit events will have a theme, so far they have been Spectacled Spirits, Fire Emblem Fest (part 1), Mario Event (with 3 exclusive spirits obtained only through this), and currently Classic Spirits that'll end tonight at 10pm PT. So far only the Mario event has exclusive spirits while the other events just had certain spirits appear longer.

I hope these three Spirits will be the only event-exclusive Spirits, what I want now are the Partner Pikachu and Eevee Spirits appearing on the Spirit Board or the Vault shop. Not going to buy two games just to get two missing Spirits.

I hope these three Spirits will be the only event-exclusive Spirits, what I want now are the Partner Pikachu and Eevee Spirits appearing on the Spirit Board or the Vault shop. Not going to buy two games just to get two missing Spirits.
Well, IIRC, they did say that you would be able to get them normally in the future (Partner Pikachu and Eevee).

Well, IIRC, they did say that you would be able to get them normally in the future (Partner Pikachu and Eevee).
Probably when the Gen 8 Pokemon games get announced, as that would make LGPE irrelevant.

I actually wouldn't mind exclusive FE event spirits, but that's only because I'm still salty that Alm and Celica (both young and adult) are the only ones representing Gaiden/SoV, I also wanted Ares just for the GotHW "trio" (Seliph and Leif are spirts but they didn't add him as well rip) and I'm just surprised Julia isn't a spirit as well (since her brother Julius is and she is a important character and Seliph's half sister so). Also wouldn't mind seeing some Heroes original characters, like Alfonse, Sharena, Hrid, etc. since the Heroes mix of the FE theme and a remix of the main menu of Heroes is in.

Otherwise I'm indifferent towards potential future event exclusive spirits, unless there will be ones that catch my interest.

I actually wouldn't mind exclusive FE event spirits, but that's only because I'm still salty that Alm and Celica (both young and adult) are the only ones representing Gaiden/SoV, I also wanted Ares just for the GotHW "trio" (Seliph and Leif are spirts but they didn't add him as well rip) and I'm just surprised Julia isn't a spirit as well (since her brother Julius is and she is a important character and Seliph's half sister so). Also wouldn't mind seeing some Heroes original characters, like Alfonse, Sharena, Hrid, etc. since the Heroes mix of the FE theme and a remix of the main menu of Heroes is in.

Otherwise I'm indifferent towards potential future event exclusive spirits, unless there will be ones that catch my interest.
Wait, there's a third Jugdral game?

Wait, there's a third Jugdral game?
No, Seliph, Leif, and Ares all appear in GotHW (with Leif being the protagonist of Thracia 776, the fifth game), some people call them a trio simply cause their fathers (Sigurd, Quan, and Eldigan) were friends during gen 1 of FE4 before they died. I just wanted Ares as a spirit too mainly cause those three are some of the top favorite characters of mine in the series in general (with 4 and 5 being my up there in my favorite games), and it would feel complete for me to have him as well.

No, Seliph, Leif, and Ares all appear in GotHW (with Leif being the protagonist of Thracia 776, the fifth game), some people call them a trio simply cause their fathers (Sigurd, Quan, and Eldigan) were friends during gen 1 of FE4 before they died. I just wanted Ares as a spirit too mainly cause those three are some of the top favorite characters of mine in the series in general (with 4 and 5 being my up there in my favorite games), and it would feel complete for me to have him as well.
Oh, I thought you were talking about three Jugdral games of a trio of characters, my bad.

About a month after release, I made a lot of progress.

My best character is Ness. I still don't know how I beat that Level 9 CPU with him on the first try, especially since the Level 9 CPU was Daisy.

I don't have a best character, especially since I use most of them anyway. Though I do gravitate towards Marth, Roy, (male) Corrin, and Cloud often when I wanna do a match with a friend or my brother.

The characters I use the most are Lucario, Inkling (Boy), Toon Link and Ridley. I use a few other fighters like Pokemon Trainer (Male) and Dark Pit, but I found myself using the first aforementioned four the most.

Last edited:
I seem to use a lot of villainous characters now: the characters I've used the most are King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Ganondorf, Ridley, and Bowser. I've had a period of using Kirby, but that sort of faded away over time.

I went to The Cutting Room Floor to see if there was anything related to the DLC fighters in the games. I found this:

fighter_kind_packun
fighter_kind_jack
fighter_kind_brave

I know that packun is Piranha Plant, and I think if I'm not mistaken that brave is a character from either Bravely Default or Bravely Second, so who is Jack? Is that Joker's Japanese name?

Those codes are named differently due to keep a secret, I don't think there's going to be a Bravely character unless Nintendo expects a Bravely game to be released sometime during Smash's DLC years.

I've seen that on Twitter and quite a few seem to think "brave" could be a Dragon Quest character (some people on Reddit think it might be a DQ character as well), I'm not really all that into DQ so I can't say much on that. Pretty sure "jack" is Joker though.

I've seen that on Twitter and quite a few seem to think "brave" could be a Dragon Quest character (some people on Reddit think it might be a DQ character as well), I'm not really all that into DQ so I can't say much on that. Pretty sure "jack" is Joker though.
I don't think it's Dragon Quest, since brave doesn't ring any bells and I have played most DQ games.

I don't think it's Dragon Quest, since brave doesn't ring any bells and I have played most DQ games.

You're probably right since I was curious and decided to look into why some think it's a DQ character, specifically Erdrick, and apparently it's a mix of his stats, two leaks (not sure which as I don't really keep up with them, but one is from 5chan), it being the 6th best selling franchise, and apparently said character's code name is brave. I've only played DQ IV-VII so I don't know how the stats and code name holds up.

Personally though, for "brave" I'd rather it be a Bravely character or Musashi from Brave Fencer Musashi.

You're probably right since I was curious and decided to look into why some think it's a DQ character, specifically Erdrick, and apparently it's a mix of his stats, two leaks (not sure which as I don't really keep up with them, but one is from 5chan), it being the 6th best selling franchise, and apparently said character's code name is brave. I've only played DQ IV-VII so I don't know how the stats and code name holds up.

Personally though, for "brave" I'd rather it be a Bravely character or Musashi from Brave Fencer Musashi.
Was that leak from before the 1.2.0 update dropped or after? Because that would add some credibility to the leak.

Was that leak from before the 1.2.0 update dropped or after? Because that would add some credibility to the leak.

Before it seems, as I found the Japanese 5chan leak they were talking about and it was posted on the 10th, here's a screenshot I took:
Screenshot (4).png

PersonaCentral translated the Japanese text as:
"Lotto

The stage is Alefgart

Lotto (♂) Lotto (♀) 2 color each of the Army Eleven

Slime comes out with technique

Through positive cooperation on the side of Square

DQ series for overseas spread"

Not sure what the other leak about the character they were talking about though, just this one I was able to find by searching.

Back
Top Bottom