• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Curious, as a DQ fan I approve of this. This also lines up with the "second SE character" leak. At least this will kill the Sora's hope in Smash*.

* I'm a KH fan, it's just that Sora is owned by Disney, not Square, and the last time they tried to put Sora in a fighting game Disney vetoed it (for those curious, that game was Dissidia when it was supposed to be a Kingdom Hearts game).

I actually never wanted Sora in Smash either tbh, I like the games too but people do forget the KH IP is all owned by Disney, with the exception of any FF and TWEWY cameos. And Disney is usually very strict with their property anyway, I know they allowed Sora in WoFF but I'm not sure if they'd allow him Smash. (that and I kinda don't want to hear/see salt with people getting worked up over his inclusion if it ever did happen, seeing as discussions about him hypothetically getting in turn ugly fast sometimes)

I don't want Sora in Smash, I feel like Smash should be exclusively for video-game characters no matter what, even when they exclusively appear as Final Smashes like all other versions of Mega Man combining their blast with the original Mega Man. The only exception I can get behind is them being based off Nintendo accessories like R.O.B. or a video-game based show (very minor) appearance as a trophy.

I don't want Sora in Smash, I feel like Smash should be exclusively for video-game characters no matter what,
But Sora is a videogame character. He originated in a videogame.

Juat because he teams up with Donald Duck and Goofy doesn’t mean he’s not a videogame character.

But Sora is a videogame character. He originated in a videogame.

Juat because he teams up with Donald Duck and Goofy doesn’t mean he’s not a videogame character.
I meant in general, not just playable characters, it's fine to have trophies or spirits based of non-video game characters just as long as they relate directly to the video-game series their show is based off. Like the Misty trophy from Melee having her design from the Anime rather than the games.

All the characters I've unlocked thus far:

file

I beat world of light but I accidentally killed Dharkon thinking that was what I was supposed to do

rip

now I have to do the whole thing over again.
Did you free too many of Dharkon's captured Spirits or did you defeat Dharkon itself without making the odds favor Galleem too much? Because if it's the latter, you don't have to start all over again, but if it's the former, I'm not sure.

Curious, as a DQ fan I approve of this. This also lines up with the "second SE character" leak. At least this will kill the Sora's hope in Smash*.

* I'm a KH fan, it's just that Sora is owned by Disney, not Square, and the last time they tried to put Sora in a fighting game Disney vetoed it (for those curious, that game was Dissidia when it was supposed to be a Kingdom Hearts game).
A bit late but :shrug:
Disney have said that they wouldn't mind letting Sora be in Smash if the fans wanted him in the game. So Disney interfering is likely not an issue. It all just depends on who Nintendo and Sakurai picked out of the possible choices.

Though with the supposed File name being "Brave" it could also be Yuri Lowell from ToV. For those unfamiliar the Team name is "Brave Vesperia"

Congrats, that's no small feat. I can't imagine having to battle 4 duos of metal Mega Man was particularly easy.
Yeah, that one's definitely not easy (mostly because it's a Stamina battle). "Healing Shield" is probably the most useful skill to have on hand (second to that: "KOs heal damage" or "Metal Killer"). As for cheese strats, there's always Fox's reflector and Kirby's Stone....

A bit late but :shrug:
Disney have said that they wouldn't mind letting Sora be in Smash if the fans wanted him in the game. So Disney interfering is likely not an issue. It all just depends on who Nintendo and Sakurai picked out of the possible choices.

Though with the supposed File name being "Brave" it could also be Yuri Lowell from ToV. For those unfamiliar the Team name is "Brave Vesperia"
Interesting to see that. It's funny for me seeing how Sora's situation is more or less the same one as Shantae in Indie Pogo, so there might be a chance to see him in the game. Maybe we'll see them once they put their six DLC characters.

Also, although I'm a little familiar with the Tales series, I did some research. I guess he will be the first katana user in the game.

I'm still hoping for a Bravely character or Musashi as the "brave" codename. Though if the 5chan leak turns out to be true, it'll be kinda cool seeing a DQ character in at least. Not sure if it'll be a Tales character, I don't keep up with leaks/rumors so I could be missing them, regardless it'll be cool too I guess. (I play the games, but I'd rather see many other characters from other RPG's and so in first tbh)

I kinda hope the new person isn't just another character with a sword. We have so many swordfighters, we don't need more.

Like really, FE has so much more than just swordsmen, why does every character in smash have a sword?

I kinda hope the new person isn't just another character with a sword. We have so many swordfighters, we don't need more.

Like really, FE has so much more than just swordsmen, why does every character in smash have a sword?
Because they are the main characters? If I recall correctly*, from Fire Emblem the only main characters that don't use a sword are Ephraim (lances) and Hector (axes).

Also, the reason we get so much characters with swords is because they are so damn common, specially amongst main characters. For example, from the main series Final Fantasy games, only Zidane, Shantotto** and Y'shtola** don't use swords, and in Dragon Quest every single MC has them.

I blame the studios that forget that other weapons exist that are not swords or guns (which are extremely common, too). We also lack spellcaster protagonists.

*Feel free to correct me!

**I'm counting Shantotto and Y'shtola as MCs from FFXI and FFXIV due to the lack of a main character in those games and the attention they receive outside their games.

I want to see more villain characters in Smash, like we already have Bowser Jr. as well as the Koopalings, Bowser, Ganondorf, King K. Rool and Ridley, I'm not sure if King Dedede and Meta Knight count as villains, but compare that number to the number of protagonists in Smash, it's still small regardless, many other crossover games have so many more playable villains than Smash did, with Piranha Plant coming later, I wonder if they can make a playable Octarian in Smash, my pick would be an Octotrooper or its Twintacle cousin. After seeing how Piranha Plant became a playable character, I don't see why not. I mean, having a second Splatoon rep in the franchise's debut Smash game isn't such a bad idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom