• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Looks like Link when he puts on one of those masks from MM lol.

Though i am still sad that Customs stayed banned throughout Smash 4's life. I honestly wanted them to look at each custom individually and then ban them if they were to overpowered. Some of them had the potential to change matchups and just made characters a lot better like Lady Palutena. Though i wonder how they'll treat the only remaining custom moves with Mii Fighters..

Update:

Dxkojr9XcAA3C9n

Last edited:
As long as I'm dreaming...Resident Evil for a future Fighter Pass slot~

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a Resident Evil character tbh, personally I'd go for either Jill Valentine or Leon S. Kennedy.
I voted for Leon in the Smash Ballot.

The idea I had for a new stage would be similar to Smashville, which is a large floating stationary platform, and at the beginning it would randomly shift between the Village, Castle and Military sections of Resident Evil 4. The enemies from their respective locations would watch the fight, then occasionally one of the "boss" characters (Dr. Salvador from the Village, Garrador from the Castle and J.J. from the Military) would jump onto the stage and randomly attack the players, and they can be defeated.

Last edited:
Legal issues surrounding the VA. Doesn't help that he is the only person allowed to dub him so they can't use a sound-alike. Blame SE's lawyers for that.
Well. I just lost a little bit of respect for Square-Enix. Despite this, I'm still getting Kingdom Hearts III next week, but only because I'm a Disney fan.

Also, why aren't there other Spirits from FF, like say...Tifa? Or Yuffie? Or Aerith? Or Selphie? Or Rikku? Why are there just the Fighter Spirits of Cloud, both which only use Ultimate's rendering instead of original art from their respective games? And why does Midgar still have the same two songs?

Last edited:
Well. I just lost a lot of respect for Square-Enix. Despite this, I'm still getting Kingdom Hearts III next week, but only because I'm a Disney fan.

Also, why aren't there other Spirits from FF, like say...Tifa? Or Yuffie? Or Aerith? Or Selphie? Or Rikku? Why are there just the Fighter Spirits of Cloud, both which only use Ultimate's rendering instead of original art from their respective games?
Same reason I don't understand why they don't use Red and Leaf's artwork instead of the Pokemon Trainer renders in Ultimate regarding their Spirits.

Also, why aren't there other Spirits from FF, like say...Tifa? Or Yuffie? Or Aerith? Or Selphie? Or Rikku? Why are there just the Fighter Spirits of Cloud, both which only use Ultimate's rendering instead of original art from their respective games? And why does Midgar still have the same two songs?
SE being SE, prog rocker mentioned a few pages back that apparently Sakurai had a difficult time getting Cloud back for Ultimate, which could be one reason why we didn't get any other FF spirit or track.

Personally, if given the choice, I'd love for a FFVIII, IV, V, Type-0, Tactics, and XV spirits, stages, and tracks (and even fighters but lol for that happening). I'd also love for more VII representation and for Steve Burton voicing Cloud as well, though in the latter case it's mainly with issues of Smash being non-union and Steve is the only person that can voice him due to SE's contract and he needs to be credited whenever he voices Cloud anyway, so he can't go under a pseudonym to get around it.

Well. I just lost a little bit of respect for Square-Enix. Despite this, I'm still getting Kingdom Hearts III next week, but only because I'm a Disney fan.

That doesn't have any excuse beside possibly greedy they are. I mean, Sakurai more or less implied once that Cloud got almost cut.

About Leaf, Red and Robin using only SSBU artwork: I have no idea why. Robin is even unexcusable since other characters from their game have their official artwork.

So...taking a break until my first Legend based Water-type Spirit (I keep forgetting which ones are red, blue and green, so I call them Fire, Water and Grass respectively as it's easier for me) reaches level 99 at the Gym. Otherwise I'll have a hard time against Ganondorf and Incineroar in "World of Light".

Last edited:
About Leaf, Red and Robin using only SSBU artwork: I have no idea why. Robin is even unexcusable since other characters from their game have their official artwork.
Uh Robin isn't really depicted in their default design much if at all, mainly when they are used on official Awakening merchandise they have their hood up, even the official Awakening comic their face is blocked out by a panel; Robin was mainly used to show off player customization anyway. Corrin at least has the excuse that FE Fates has multiple paths and it's implied that Hoshido is associated with M!Corrin and Nohr associated with F!Corrin, so they can push both genders for them, Robin doesn't have that leeway. They could have used artwork from Heroes or even Warriors if they wanted, since both genders are depicted without their hood though, but I guess if they wanted both Robins depicted they probably thought using the full body Smash renders were better.

Red and Leaf have no excuse though, that I agree with.

Back
Top Bottom