• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I speculate...Resident Evil.
Like I said, as long as it's not RE5 Jill, I'm alright with having a RE rep. Leon seems like a good choice since a lot of people seem to like him and he has not appeared in a crossover fighting game before.

EDIT: Although, knowing Capcom, their pick will be checks Wikipedia Ethan Winters.

Leon is also one of my most wanted for a Resident Evil rep., or Jill would be cool too.

Yeah I have a feeling that, if Three Houses does get a rep., then it'll most likely be Edelgard or Byleth. Now I do like their designs and they seem cool (I agree that I hope Byleth doesn't become an Avatar, if he does then I'm keeping his awesome default design), but Claude's design stick out the most for me as my current top favorite for characters they've shown. If they decide to go with Edelgard, then at least she mainly uses axes (though I have a feeling they'd give her a sword as well since she can use them too :/).

Whatever their picks are, I just hope they pick characters from new series. I was sort of hoping for Spring Man to join the roster, but the closest you get to playing as Spring Man in Smash is the Mii Brawler costume.
I remember reading somewhere, and feel free to correct me on this, that Sakurai stated ARMS came out a bit too late since they where already working on Ultimate, or something like that (once again correct me if I'm wrong here).

I don't know when it'll be released, and we don't really have anymore info at all yet, but that new Game Freak game Town looks cute and I would love to see a character from it!

I remember reading somewhere, and feel free to correct me on this, that Sakurai stated ARMS came out a bit too late since they where already working on Ultimate, or something like that (once again correct me if I'm wrong here).

You're right. Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was cut for the same reason. Maybe when we get Smash 6 we will see them. Other cut characters include Alucard (replaced by the Belmonts) and Decidueye (replaced by Incineroar).

Like I said, as long as it's not RE5 Jill, I'm alright with having a RE rep. Leon seems like a good choice since a lot of people seem to like him and he has not appeared in a crossover fighting game before.

EDIT: Although, knowing Capcom, their pick will be checks Wikipedia Ethan Winters.
I voted for Leon (from RE4) in the Smash Ballot.

You're right. Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was cut for the same reason. Maybe when we get Smash 6 we will see them. Other cut characters include Alucard (replaced by the Belmonts) and Decidueye (replaced by Incineroar).
I knew about Rex, but not about Alucard and Decidueye. Man, so I almost had my most wanted Castlevania character? Ah well, I like the Belmonts' too. Decidueye would have been so cool to have, admittedly though I actually wanted Primarina (though I imagine it might be kind of, difficult? awkward? to pull off).

I'm honestly waiting for the trailers to be revealed before i believe in any of the leaks.. Though I'm kinda hoping that a Tales of character does get in. And going by the files it could potentially be Yuri.. I'd honestly argue that Lloyd is more recognizable but with the remake of ToV being released on the switch it would make more sense for Yuri to be in.. Yuri may be another sword fighter but he does use his hilt as a weapon as well which could be rather unique..

It seems to be split between some thinking it's a DQ character or a Tales of character, personally I don't care either way if one or the other turns out to be true for the "brave" codename since both speculations show strong points of it being either or. Inb4 it's neither and it's somebody totally unexpected

Sincerely, I would also like an unexpected character. The one I wanted from last Smash at least is an Assist Trophy now (Sukapon), so I guess if it was me to put someone out of the left field would be the student from Magical Vacation or Magical Starsign, although I don't think they have any chance at all because they look like they would be light characters, and "brave" is confirmed to be a medium one.

That would be a cool and interesting choice for sure, a niche enough series to be represented for fighters, though the two protagonists as well as Mokka and Putty are spirits (though I don't think that de-confirms them right?) so there could still be a chance at least! I'm still holding out for Musashi even though I know it's slim, I'm sure he'd be a medium type character right?

If Sora does appear, I speculate that Square-Enix won't let Haley Joel Osmont voice him in English.

If he's a non-union VA, he could come back.

If he's an union VA, he could come back under a pseudonym.

If he's an union VA and has the same type of contract as Steve Burton, then tough luck.

If Sora does appear, I speculate that Square-Enix won't let Haley Joel Osmont voice him in English.
I am not sure if Haley Joel Osment is union or not, if he's union he might not be able to voice Sora if he hypothetically got into Smash, if it's a Steve Burton situation (where only he can voice the character in English) then he can't go under a pseudonym at all due to a contract. Though if Sora ever did get in wouldn't he be more a Disney rep. anyway? The KH IP is all theirs with exceptions to TWEWY and FF cameos, SE just develops the games.

I don’t know who Palutena is, but she’s pretty.
She's a Kid Icarus character, the goddess of light and ruler of Skyworld. She's a pretty cool character though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom