• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Forgot to ask this earlier, but are there other games compatible with the new Gamecube controllers?
Any game that is compatible with the Pro Controller. The best way to find out is to go on eShop and search for the game, it'll show when you select it and go down to what controllers are compatible with it. To note though, some games may be compatible with it but you might not be able to use certain features of that game (certain screen menus, items, functions, etc.). So for example, if you play BotW with it, you'll lack certain proper inputs for the Sheikah Slate.

Sorry for all the questions and derailing the topic.

The joy con control sticks have these "rubber flaps" beneath them covering the sensors which dust gets under and interferes with the sensors. Do either the pro or gamecube controllers have these rubber flaps? I've seen pictures of them and that thankfully doesn't appear to be true, but can anybody confirm this?

Now to get back on topic:

One thing about the Mii Fighters I find odd is the lack of those that use powers like spellcasters or superheroes.

Sorry for all the questions and derailing the topic.

The joy con control sticks have these "rubber flaps" beneath them covering the sensors which dust gets under and interferes with the sensors. Do either the pro or gamecube controllers have these rubber flaps? I've seen pictures of them and that thankfully doesn't appear to be true, but can anybody confirm this?

Now to get back on topic:

One thing about the Mii Fighters I find odd is the lack of those that use powers like spellcasters or superheroes.
The analogs for the wired controllers are not the same as the joy cons, so no they don't have them, you don't have to worry about any dust messing with the sensors!

Speaking of Mii Fighters, I've been making quite a few of them but I barely even use most them lol. The only one I really used is my main Mii dressed as a maid, I also made a Mii of my best friend and put her in the bear suit since she really likes them.

The Miis I used were myself as a Mii Brawler, Harry Potter as a Mii Swordfighter (didn't have anything else that fitted) and Joker (Batman one) as a Mii Gunner. Sincerely, I liked to use them, but I dislike how they are not included in a random fight.

My main Mii as the maid is the swordfighter and I find it funny how the broom is the sword lol. I also made a Izuku Midoriya Mii as a brawler for obvious reasons, not sure what I'm gonna put my Jiro Kyoka Mii as though.

Has anybody used the voice choices for them at all? I only used them on like three of my Mii's so far.

I only really made three Miis just to unlock the Mii Fighter slots on the CSS since it was bothering me not having them lol since at the time, I hadn't gotten them in World of Light. Just used the Mii representing myself as a Gunner, my Kurasame (FF Type-0) Mii as a Swordfighter, and a Tifa (FFVII) one for the Brawler. Tried giving them all fitting voices too; some are decent options, but I was so picky about doing it like "no, that's not how Tifa sounds, that's not right..." Eventually had to try to ignore my "THIS HAS TO BE 100% RIGHT" tendencies and just settled on the best I could get.

I do like that on the Switch we can actually use non-natural hair colors for the Miis which does make it a little more appealing to use them in Smash as opposed to in the 3DS/Wii U game, but there are just SO MANY established characters in Ultimate that I legitimately like that it's hard for me to ever want to play as my goofy Miis. the Miis time will come when we eventually get a Tomodachi Life for Switch, which I pray will happen sooner than later

I only really made three Miis just to unlock the Mii Fighter slots on the CSS since it was bothering me not having them lol since at the time, I hadn't gotten them in World of Light. Just used the Mii representing myself as a Gunner, my Kurasame (FF Type-0) Mii as a Swordfighter, and a Tifa (FFVII) one for the Brawler. Tried giving them all fitting voices too; some are decent options, but I was so picky about doing it like "no, that's not how Tifa sounds, that's not right..." Eventually had to try to ignore my "THIS HAS TO BE 100% RIGHT" tendencies and just settled on the best I could get.

I do like that on the Switch we can actually use non-natural hair colors for the Miis which does make it a little more appealing to use them in Smash as opposed to in the 3DS/Wii U game, but there are just SO MANY established characters in Ultimate that I legitimately like that it's hard for me to ever want to play as my goofy Miis. the Miis time will come when we eventually get a Tomodachi Life for Switch, which I pray will happen sooner than later
Wait, you can now use unnatural colors in the Switch? That would have been so useful to me when I played Tomodachi Life with all Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Kahunas and Trial Captains instead of waiting for them to give me a dye.

Yeah the voice choices are nice and all, but for certain Mii's based off of characters I made they don't fit majority of them lol. My Izuku Mii has one, but I had to use one of the female options and make it a slightly lower pitch so it kind of sounds like his Japanese voice, so I was just like "meh, close enough". I made an Ace (FF Type-0) Mii but the three battle styles don't fit him sadly.

Wait, you can now use unnatural colors in the Switch? That would have been so useful to me when I played Tomodachi Life with all Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Kahunas and Trial Captains instead of waiting for them to give me a dye.
Yes, there is a large choice of color options now for hair and eye color. Personally I gave my main Mii light blue hair since it looks so cute on her.

Yeah the voice choices are nice and all, but for certain Mii's based off of characters I made they don't fit majority of them lol. My Izuku Mii has one, but I had to use one of the female options and make it a slightly lower pitch so it kind of sounds like his Japanese voice, so I was just like "meh, close enough". I made an Ace (FF Type-0) Mii but the three battle styles don't fit him sadly.
Voice options seem to be tricky in games in general; I swear I take, like, 5 minutes to settle on voices in The Sims 3 or 4, or Soulcalibur in the Create-a-Soul mode. Definitely nice to have the option, though having maybe more pitch sliders for each individual voice in Smash would be helpful. Probably still wouldn't get anyone sounding perfect, but better lol. Though in a game where everyone is mostly just grunting and all, I can see why we got what we got.

Oh man, Ace would actually be so cool in Smash with his cards and throwing in some of the magic from Type-0, like Wall as a down special (or a variant of Stop, if that wouldn't be too OP), Jackpot Shot as a neutral-special that could be charged for range... At least he's in Dissidia NT and fun there! Definitely hard to try to fit him to one of the Mii styles though, I totally get you on the issue there. Gunner seems most similar, but still not quite right lol.

Well we'll be getting a 3.0.0 update in Spring and we saw a bit of Joker's model, he's been confirmed to be released before the end of April too. No info on the "brave" character though since some people were kinda expecting one this direct.

It looked like we at least had a screenshot of his character model....

I wonder if Piranha Plant will get any nerfs. Poison breath to down B appears to be a deadly combo from the vids I keep seeing.

I wonder if Piranha Plant will get any nerfs. Poison breath to down B appears to be a deadly combo from the vids I keep seeing.
Piranha Plant was actually nerfed before he even dropped, though the only thing they nerfed is his jump from 3 to 2.

Anyway yeah poison and down b is good but he doesn't need a nerf because of that, it's easy to avoid anyway.

I loved how they made such a big deal about the 3.0.0 update but then were like "You'll have to wait to find out what it is". Like, wow, that was kind of a buzzkill. Maybe I'm wrong, my hype for the game just really died a long time ago so they can't make me excited with such a vague teaser.

The fact that they showed all that Dragon Quest footage during yesterday's Direct and yet didn't take the chance to announce "brave" to be Erdrick from DQ (even just a hint) makes me think that "brave" is not a DQ rep.

Really wish we could've seen what version 3.0 entails though, it must be something decently large to act like it's a surprise. Long-shot, but I'd love to see individual Target Tests come back for some additional single-player content!

Forgot to ask this earlier, but are there other games compatible with the new Gamecube controllers?
I'm pretty sure most of them are, especially the ones that don't require the gyroscope or NFC, but you don't get the Capture or Home buttons.

Also, my "Smash waifus" are Palutena (light) and Bayonetta (dark).

On one hand I also wanted to see them expand more on the 3.0.0 update and show actual Joker gameplay, on the other though I kind of expected that they wouldn't show too much of Smash anyway since the direct was more geared toward showing off FE Three Houses + a few other lineups for the Switch.

Maybe it's just me, but I want the 3.0.0. update to drop just so I can see if they can datamine more info on "brave" and possibly get the next character's codename.
I wouldn't keep my hopes up since Nintendo caught on with the datamine scene and removed the previous codenames and info about them when 2.0.0 dropped. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't find anything in 3.0.0 regarding any new codenames and other info related to it.

Back
Top Bottom