• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

According to the 3.0.0. datamine, Jane was removed, and she apparently wasn't any of the Persona characters since they use their codenames internally, so we still don't know who she is.

After much consideration...I've decided I'm going to sell my copy of Ultimate on Monday.

What??? Why?
I just can't take it anymore. Every time I show off a funny picture I took in-game, everyone just (BLEEP)s on me, telling me I'm playing it "wrong" despite me not understanding their techno-babble on the game's fighting physics, and generally just suck the joy out of it. They're making me question if I should be a fan despite not being a competitive player, and just wanting to enjoy having fun like we should be despite the state of the world we live in.

I just can't take it anymore. Every time I show off a funny picture I took in-game, everyone just (BLEEP)s on me, telling me I'm playing it "wrong" despite me not understanding their techno-babble on the game's fighting physics, and generally just suck the joy out of it. They're making me question if I should be a fan despite not being a competitive player, and just wanting to enjoy having fun like we should be despite the state of the world we live in.
Ignore those idiots. If they are telling you how to have fun, then ignore them, because they don't have anything better to do.

EDIT: In other words, they are not worth ANYONE'S time.

Take it from someone who sold their own games. You might miss it someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's your decision if you want to sell your game, I personally think selling it just cause some people are telling you you play the game "wrong" is a bit silly.

Everybody plays video games their own way, there is no real right or wrong way to play a video game, especially a party game like Smash. You like competitive Smash? Cool, so do I. You like taking fun pictures/making your own stages/whatever else you do in the game? Cool, I like that as well. If you keep letting what people say about how you choose to spend your time on the game "wrong" get to you, then you aren't going to have fun much at all regardless, and you shouldn't let their words hinder you or ruin your enjoyment in any way. All you can really do is just ignore those kinds of people, cause at the end of the day stuff like this in fandoms will always be there and won't go away, not everyone in one group/fandom is going to have the same collective thoughts.

I think you should still play Smash however you want, you are a fan regardless of what you do in the game. But like I said, it's up to you if you still want to sell it or keep it.

Another solution: Stop going to that stupid site, since those places are generally full of toxicity and "boo hoo, this is not Melee, therefore it sucks".

There's a reason why competitive players hate the "stop having fun" guys...
Everyone should enjoy Smash however they want, regardless of whatever installment they like. It's sad how there are some people on both sides of competitive and casual Smash that get at each others throats a lot. Honestly, just enjoy it however you want and stop worrying about how others play a game.

While it's your decision if you want to sell your game, I personally think selling it just cause some people are telling you you play the game "wrong" is a bit silly.

Everybody plays video games their own way, there is no real right or wrong way to play a video game, especially a party game like Smash. You like competitive Smash? Cool, so do I. You like taking fun pictures/making your own stages/whatever else you do in the game? Cool, I like that as well. If you keep letting what people say about how you choose to spend your time on the game "wrong" get to you, then you aren't going to have fun much at all regardless, and you shouldn't let their words hinder you or ruin your enjoyment in any way. All you can really do is just ignore those kinds of people, cause at the end of the day stuff like this in fandoms will always be there and won't go away, not everyone in one group/fandom is going to have the same collective thoughts.

I think you should still play Smash however you want, you are a fan regardless of what you do in the game. But like I said, it's up to you if you still want to sell it or keep it.

Everyone should enjoy Smash however they want, regardless of whatever installment they like. It's sad how there are some people on both sides of competitive and casual Smash that get at each others throats a lot. Honestly, just enjoy it however you want and stop worrying about how others play a game.
Exactly! That's what I'm telling. I just picked the Melee thing because that's the most common complaint (aside from "too much FE"). I think you got your points through better than I did.

I don't even get why these people even care so much. So many gamers are just so immature, so set on "my way is the only right way" when it doesn't even in the slightest bit matter how someone else plays the game. If you can play the game your way, and someone else can play the game their way, then there is no conflict. It really is that simple.

I don't even get why these people even care so much.

This concept is as old as time itself regardless of subject. There are people who can't tolerate others' differences.

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

I can't believe we have to wait until next year to find out who the remaining DLC characters are.

I'd also like a Smash RPG someday.

This concept is as old as time itself regardless of subject. There are people who can't tolerate others' differences.

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

I can't believe we have to wait until next year to find out who the remaining DLC characters are.

I'd also like a Smash RPG someday.
I would like a Smash Kart. I mean, we already got Link, Villager, Isabelle and the Inklings in Mario Kart, and the Blue Falcon has been in the games since it was introduced in Mario Kart Wii, so why not go a step further?

Back
Top Bottom