• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a King of Fighters character tbh, but I also wouldn't be opposed to a character from a different series of theirs. Honestly I hope it's someone from Samurai Shodown though, preferably Galford & Poppy or Ukyo if I had to choose my picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a King of Fighters character tbh, but I also wouldn't be opposed to a character from a different series of theirs. Honestly I hope it's someone from Samurai Shodown though, preferably Galford & Poppy or Ukyo if I had to choose my picks.
If it's a Samurai Shodown character, I think the likeliest ones are Haohmaru and Nakoruru. Bear in mind that I'm basing this on the fact that they are in most of the games (Haohmaru is in every single one), that Haohmaru is the "Ryu" of Samurai Shodown, and Nakoruru is one of the most popular characters with her being the first character of Samurai Shodown to appear in KoF and SvC.

If there really is an SNK character coming to Ultimate, it'll be the second DLC character in the game from a series I've never played (the first being Joker).

If there really is an SNK character coming to Ultimate, it'll be the second DLC character in the game from a series I've never played (the first being Joker).
Haha, my list of such characters would be very interesting:
Marth, Roy, et al.
Wario
Ness, Lucas
Solid Snake
Shulk
Inklings
Villager, Isabelle
Ryu, Ken
Joker
Banjo

For me it's R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Olimar, and Ness/Lucas (I especially don't care for Pikmin and Earthbound at all though regardless), and it depends on what SNK character will be the DLC to determine if I've played their game or not. Otherwise the other characters I have played their series. With Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, and SMT/Persona being top favorites of mine (with FE and MegaTen being my main source of so many hours of playtime for their games lol, in FF's case it's VIII and Type-0 with the most hours).

I like Terry, so I'm happy with his inclusion.

Also, since more DLC will be added after the initial five, I hope one of them is the twin protagonists from Astral Chain. A Three Houses character would be nice too, especially if one of them is either Claude or Dimitri. inb4 too many FE fighters, I say bring more of them lol

disappointed at terry's reveal given how astronomically little I care about him (actually I didn't even know he existed until today), but that's what I was expecting given this pattern of 3rd party characters I don't care about being dlc. The reveal that there will be more dlc characters gives me hope. Give me actual nintendo characters. And if, for some god forsaken reason they can't do that, at least give me nick/phoenix wright.

smash bros characters from series I've never played? Hero, banjo and kazooie, terry, mr. game and watch, snake, R.O.B., wii fit trainer, duck hunt, ryu, ken, and bayonetta. I feel like I might have briefly played street fighter before, but I can't remember for sure, so I'll just leave ryu and ken here.

and although I technically have played games in their series before, I've played very little of them, so fox, falco, wolf, simon, richter, captain falcon, little mac, and ice climbers are of note too

Last edited:
I don't even know who Terry is. =/

I've played Persona 5 and some Dragon Quest XI. TBH, of the DLC characters, (even though I really like Joker's inclusion personally) Banjo & Kazooie and Hero have been the only ones that have been appropriate IMO. Both characters (well Hero's more than one character, but you know what I mean) have solid foundation in Nintendo systems, and Banjo & Kazooie is such a major hype character and a big score. I never played the Banjo games, but I'm happy for the people that got them in.

I really hope the second wave adds more Nintendo characters. My most desired character (Isaac) is an Assist Trophy, though, so I know that's that for him.

As a Mii Costume. Not that surprising, since apparently Undertale is popular in Japan. There was even a big fuss a while back because the official translation wasn't like the fan translation.

Now that I think about it, I don't know where I should put Terry in the "characters from games I have not played" list.

I have played KoF, which has included Terry from the start, but I have not played none of the Fatal Fury games nor Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom