• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

That new fighting type legendary pokemon that's to be included in the upcoming DLC would probably be the most interesting choice imho.. Have alternate costumes with the two distinct styles it can use or just have it switch between the two forms by a command similar to Shulk's neutral B could be a nice gimmick to play with..
Now that I think about it, it could work like Gen in Street Fighter. Gen had a stance system that made him have two movesets that you can use. To change between them you needed to imput a button combination, but with Urshifu it could be a simple B+ Down like how you change Pokémon.

What? You mean that we should only best think that either Cinderace or Garchomp should or will be included as downloadable playable characters for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass, Vol. 2?

I would be so frustrated if they added Cinderace. There are already two fully evolved Fire Starters in the roster. There's only one Water, and there aren't any Grass. Now I'm not saying that balance means anything to the developers, but it certainly does bother me.

To be honest I wouldn't mind not seeing another Pokémon rep either, but if we even do get one I think it's best to assume it'll probably be one of the SWSH starters, or Sakurai could always pull a Pichu/Piranha Plant situation if he wants another "joke" fighter that's also a gen VIII rep. Unless he wants to go back a few gens then yeah Garchomp most likely isn't getting in, especially since he's one of the background characters on the Kalos League stage.

I'm not feeling any of the Galar Pokemon. If we were to get a new Pokemon in terms of how recent they came out, Decidueye is my first pick.

Give us some Yo-Kai Watch content while you're at it. Just a few spirits.

To be honest I wouldn't mind not seeing another Pokémon rep either, but if we even do get one I think it's best to assume it'll probably be one of the SWSH starters, or Sakurai could always pull a Pichu/Piranha Plant situation if he wants another "joke" fighter that's also a gen VIII rep.
Now I'm picturing Wooloo being the next Pokémon rep for some reason.

I somehow once dreamed of an Electrode playable.

Spongebob and Patrick were there too. Spongebob fought with his spatula and throwing krabby patties.

I D O N O T C A R E G I V E M E D O O M
Sorry, but Doomguy is one of those characters that would be hard to get thanks to legal issues. Seriously, for all the things I said about the DQ composer, at least he composed his own songs and didn't steal them from popular metal/hard rock bands that were popular at the time.

Apparently Doom Eternal's director mentioned about banter between them that pretty much went nowhere, so yeah the chances of Doomguy even getting in is pretty much zero. And the plagiarism issue is a pretty big deal, now I don't know if that happened in any other games in the series as well since I don't play them, but that can cause problems for Sakurai/Nintendo, and I'm pretty sure they'd care to not get involved in that mess.

Apparently Doom Eternal's director mentioned about banter between them that pretty much went nowhere, so yeah the chances of Doomguy even getting in is pretty much zero. And the plagiarism issue is a pretty big deal, now I don't know if that happened in any other games in the series as well since I don't play them, but that can cause problems for Sakurai/Nintendo, and I'm pretty sure they'd care to not get involved in that mess.
I know that Doom II also had him as a composer, so I guess that means it would be out of reach, too. Doom 3 had another composer so I guess that would have been alright.

EDIT: Found the article you mentioned: 'Smash Ultimate' Fighter Pass 2 won't include this long-rumored character

Yeah, Doomguy might be dead and buried now.

what if they didn't add any music. I'd be fine with that if they had good reason, seems like a waste of time to seriously consider the music when you're talking about whole new characters. I mean, the music is a great little thing, but legal issues are definitely a good enough excuse in my opinion.

what if they didn't add any music. I'd be fine with that if they had good reason, seems like a waste of time to seriously consider the music when you're talking about whole new characters. I mean, the music is a great little thing, but legal issues are definitely a good enough excuse in my opinion.
I don't think they would add a character from a new series without music at all (and it would be a massive rip-off). Also, like @Tactician Karina mentioned and I linked, the negotiations went nowhere and the season 2 pass has all the characters picked already.

Exactly, and the whole point of the fighter packs is that it comes with a new fighter, stage, spirits, and music. If you have a stage for a new character being rep'ed, but no music with it, that's a rip-off of people's money when you expect everything the creator says will be in the pack.

There's also the fact if they don't, aside from having to cheapen the price of the pack, I don't see a Doom stage using the miscellaneous Nintendo music. Can you imagine fighting in hell with Style Savvy's theme playing in the background?

Back
Top Bottom