• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Honestly, I just want to see Sceptile make it in because he would already satisfy two things at once: A playable Gen 3 Pokemon and a standalone grass starter.

If it's Spring Man, that would officially confirm that Assist Trophies doesn't stop characters from being added.

If it's Spring Man, that would officially confirm that Assist Trophies doesn't stop characters from being added.
Wasn't that one girl whose name I don't remember the other likely candidate? It wouldn't be that weird to me, considering that in the Capcom crossovers they decided to add Morrigan in almost every single one instead of the supposed protagonist of Darkstalkers, Donovan* (who outside of cameos is not anywhere in those games).

*Or at least, I recall reading somewhere that Donovan was the protagonist. I could be wrong.

Wasn't that one girl whose name I don't remember the other likely candidate? It wouldn't be that weird to me, considering that in the Capcom crossovers they decided to add Morrigan in almost every single one instead of the supposed protagonist of Darkstalkers, Donovan* (who outside of cameos is not anywhere in those games).

*Or at least, I recall reading somewhere that Donovan was the protagonist. I could be wrong.
Ribbon Girl? While she is likely, I think that Kid Cobra or Ninjara are a lot more likely than her due to their popularity in Japan, with Ninjara being the most likely character due to him being more popular than Kid Cobra.

I know that Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Greninja and Incineroar in the Pokémon universe are included as playable characters for the Super Smash Bros. video game series. So which of these do you think are currently popular or not in the Pokémon franchise? Why or why not? Please let me know, thanks.;)

I know that Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Greninja and Incineroar in the Pokémon universe are included as playable characters for the Super Smash Bros. video game series. So which of these do you think are currently popular or not in the Pokémon franchise? Why or why not? Please let me know, thanks.;)
As far as I know, all of them are popular (except possibly Ivysaur due to being a middle evolution), otherwise they wouldn't be in the game.

I'm still holding out for the Slayer. DOOM Eternal coming out recently has reminded me that I need him in the game.
Remember that they did talks, but nothing came out of them, so don't hold your breath.

The thing about character popularity in Smash is that their popularity matters more in Japan than their popularity in the west, how else did you think Incineroar got in instead of Decidueye? This is why I believe the ARMS character will either be Ninjara, Kid Cobra, or Spring Man because they are the most popular ARMS characters in Japan.

The thing about character popularity in Smash is that their popularity matters more in Japan than their popularity in the west, how else did you think Incineroar got in instead of Decidueye?
Not exactly, considering how the people in Japan reacted to Banjo in the same people in the west reacted to Hero ("Banjo who?"). In fact, a commenter pointed out that both of them being revealed at the same time might have been done to please both sides.

Not exactly, considering how the people in Japan reacted to Banjo in the same people in the west reacted to Hero ("Banjo who?"). In fact, a commenter pointed out that both of them being revealed at the same time might have been done to please both sides.
There were also similar reactions from Japanese fans to Little Mac as well during Smash 4 character reveals. There were a few "who?" comments and most were confused Punch Out got promoted to having a playable rep., and some assumed he was put in for American fans.

There were also similar reactions from Japanese fans to Little Mac as well during Smash 4 character reveals. There were a few "who?" comments and most were confused Punch Out got promoted to having a playable rep., and some assumed he was put in for American fans.
I guess do you visit Legends of Localization, too, right? Because I remember that Mato did an article on reactions on Little Mac.

On-Topic: Also, they have rejected at least one or two characters because they were not known enough outside Japan (and possibly not even there): Takamaru from "The Mysterious Castle Murasame" and Ayumi from "Famicom Detective Club". This also almost happened to Marth and Roy during Melee's localization, but thankfully they listened to the people that wanted them in (I think they were the playtesters?).

how else did you think Incineroar got in instead of Decidueye?

Wasn't it because Sakurai wanted a wrestler character?

I was disappointed as I wanted Decidueye or Hawlucha, but I've warmed up to Incineroar.

As far as I know, all of them are popular (except possibly Ivysaur due to being a middle evolution), otherwise they wouldn't be in the game.
Well, I guess that Masahiro Sakurai should've include Bulbasaur instead of Ivysaur as a playable character under the training by its Pokémon Trainer for the Super Smash Bros. video game series. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom