• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Minecraft is a very popular game, and a very nice game too. It deserved something but I really think it should have been a Mii costume at most.
I don't think a Mii Costume would have done it justice. I would have been perfectly fine with like an Assist Trophy, but we get Minecraft Spirits!

And hopefully an Ender Dragon or Wither fight for his Classic Mode

I'm a bit on the negative side for this as I really didn't want Minecraft in Smash, but I'll wait until I see more Saturday with the full display.

I'm more disappointed that Namco Bandai who helped made the game still hasn't gotten their second rep (their only rep is still Pac-Man) and yet Microsoft who only got their first fighter in the last fighters pass got their second rep already. I think that is a major major disservice to Namco Bandai, like, are you telling that Nintendo's relationship is better with Microsoft than Namco Bandai despite literally building multiple games together!? Namco deserves a new character and this reveal certainly instill that more into me.

I'm also bit salty cause though I love every new character that has come thus far in Ultimate's Roster (with the exception of Incineroar and Banjo, with Steve on hold until I see more) but I've only gotten two characters that I've actually wanted this entire thing. One of whom who was more guarantee than f***ing Byleth (Inkling) and a ARMS rep that wasn't Spring Man which I got with Min Min. But I have four chances left for any characters that I want, which knowing my horrible luck is not going to be any of them. I mean I just want some satisfaction for myself than two characters that I actually wanted.

i liked byleth

So, with Steve revealed, I guess I can start with my next predictions.

I'm basic so I don't really play the games that aren't popular, but I wanna see

Dante
Grovyle (PMD)
Heihachi
and last but not least Tracer

I shut the stream off the instant it was revealed who it was. That character was in leaks for the base-game and I always hated the idea of him.

Also the Minecraft creator is a transphobic jerk, I don't like his works being honored like this.

Haven't bought a single character since Joker. That's not changing now. (when I get money, I'd like to get Banjo & Kazooie, but that's it.)

If we had to get another Microsoft rep, I'd have rather seen Master Chief than this, and I don't even care about Halo. The bright side is that I can't imagine any reveal that would be more disappointing than this one (except, honestly, maybe another Pokemon; I just want a break from Pokemon getting new reps and they're always choices that I don't agree with post-Brawl), so Fighter Pass 2 can really only go up from here lol.

I think reps from Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, or Fatal Frame (Nintendo has at least part ownership of it, and there are other characters who could be playable than Yuri Kozukata, AND I think the horror genre deserves a playable representative in Smash) would be cool, so I hope one of those happens later in the pass. Also rooting for Geno, he's really the final "white whale" character that's been requested for so long (well, Dixie Kong maybe too) and I think he'd be great to represent Mario's RPG games as a whole since Super Mario RPG is the granddaddy of the whole sub-series.

Only disappointing reveal? I mean it was only 3 min, but the only dlc character I actually wanted.

(well, Dixie Kong maybe too)
Well, I kinda want this just to see how she would have played in Brawl.

Only disappointing reveal? I mean it was only 3 min, but the only dlc character I actually wanted.
I actually liked all the others (once I got past Piranha Plant's out of field reveal). Specially Terry since I wanted another fighting game rep and Hero since I love DQ.

Yawn. I have no strong feelings about Minecraft either way but in all honesty I'm getting kind of tired of all the third party fighters. I don't mind a few here and there, but it's getting to be a bit much.
Yeah I kinda agree, I did expect another third party but I didn't expect Microsoft again. The only two third parties that I want to see are Namco Bandai (like I explained in my post earlier and whatever they pick and Wayforward for Shantae. Third Parties are nice and all but it's still a Nintendo game and there's still characters I want from Nintendo. Well four more left to go, probably won't be seeing the next one until December or very early 2021.

Back
Top Bottom