• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

It probably should say something
That a relatively earlier reveal of Mad Piano being playable in a currently developing Smash 64 mod got more amusement/emotion out of me than this reveal.
And I'm usually not really enthusiastic about Smash mods that much.

I’m fine with Sephiroth’s inclusion. I was surprised to say it was another Final Fantasy to get into Smash, I was expecting Braverly Default to get in, or Sora if against all odds. Definitely better than Geno though.

I’ve think I accepted the reality that Sora is never coming simply because the Walt Disney Company won’t license him without a huge some of money.

I'm okay with Sephiroth, but I'll always prefer new franchises to come over fighters from series already represented. Also, his inclusion means most Final Fantasy content in Smash will be locked behind DLC (he'll come with at least as much content as Cloud plus spirits), which completely rubs me the wrong way.

The scene with Mario must be the most daring thing Nintendo has ever done to him. Yes it's a fake-out, but let's not pretend it wasn't very... graphic-looking.

I'm okay with Sephiroth, but I'll always prefer new franchises to come over fighters from series already represented. Also, his inclusion means most Final Fantasy content in Smash will be locked behind DLC (he'll come with at least as much content as Cloud plus spirits), which completely rubs me the wrong way.

The scene with Mario must be the most daring thing Nintendo has ever done to him. Yes it's a fake-out, but let's not pretend it wasn't very... graphic-looking.
Worse than Luigi turning into a Ghost? Anyway, one nice thing about Sephiroth is that he is our Villain DLC character, All the other characters are protagonists so this is a nice change of pace.

I can live with Sephiroth in Smash Bros. I'm not really a Final Fantasy fan and I question how it got a 2nd rep before a series like Sonic, but Sephiroth is extremely iconic as a video game villain, so it makes sense he's in the game. I might buy him, though I probably won't use him much. I'm just sitting here kinda disappointed cause we haven't had a Smash Bros reveal I've been extremely excited about since Banjo and I just want someone who can get that much hype from me.

R. I. P. mario
Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 09.10.20.png

I don't think he will be... has Dissidia flashbacks
I mean he could be low tier if we're going by the first Dissida since he's generally low tier in that one. But he could possibly be mid to high tier if we're going by 012 or NT (unless NT has changed their tier lists, haven't played it much anymore).

Anyway we won't really know until he drops sometime this month.

I mean tier lists don't reflect the character's origin series. Like Toon Link only has weapons but outranks Ness and Lucas who have psychic powers. Or Samus is low tier despite having powered armor.
Yes... but if there's something that I remember of Sephiroth, is that he's fast AND strong. Like, seriously, Sephiroth was pretty troublesome there.

I'm still not excited for Sephy, but I will give him slack in that he's not only the first DLC villain (the Minecraft mooks don't count), but Final Fantasy got the total shaft beforehand. Like, no spirits, two songs, all that? Jeez.

I also do appreciate angelic aberrations; they're my kind of thing.

I'm still not excited for Sephy, but I will give him slack in that he's not only the first DLC villain (the Minecraft mooks don't count), but Final Fantasy got the total shaft beforehand. Like, no spirits, two songs, all that? Jeez.
Blame Squeenix for that. In fact, Sakurai indirectly said once they almost cut Cloud... Or at least that's what I understand when he said he almost couldn't get everyone back.

So, the idea that only protagonists or mascots being DLC is Smashed away into nothingness again. So yet another fanmade rule that was thankfully broken.

Now the question is, will we ever get new costumes for characters other than Miis? It would be a great way for Nintendo to keep Smash Ultimate alive once the DLC passes are done.

Now the question is, will we ever get new costumes for characters other than Miis? It would be a great way for Nintendo to keep Smash Ultimate alive once the DLC passes are done.
Please, no. My wallet already takes enough hits from Steam.

EDIT: I forgot to put this, but watch as people now say that main villains can also be DLC.

Last edited:
My experience with other fighting games, mainly Namco and Capcom who are helping here, says otherwise.
ARMS did introduce new characters via free updates, so not all fighting games require you to pay for additions.

Back
Top Bottom