• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Now the question is, will we ever get new costumes for characters other than Miis? It would be a great way for Nintendo to keep Smash Ultimate alive once the DLC passes are done.
Please, no. My wallet already takes enough hits from Steam.

EDIT: I forgot to put this, but watch as people now say that main villains can also be DLC.

Last edited:
My experience with other fighting games, mainly Namco and Capcom who are helping here, says otherwise.
ARMS did introduce new characters via free updates, so not all fighting games require you to pay for additions.

We've been getting free updates all along, albeit only for changes to character movesets and some extra spirits.

Now the question is, will we ever get new costumes for characters other than Miis? It would be a great way for Nintendo to keep Smash Ultimate alive once the DLC passes are done.

I still want this, why haven't they made new costumes for fighters yet? Like Shulk with his Future Connected design or the Masked Lucina they should've done since the beginning. I also really want an Echoes Fighters pass, honestly surprised they haven't included at least one echo fighter at all in the DLC, but I think a small cheap Echo Fighter Pass could be possible. Like what was the point of introducing a new type of fighter when we only got so little of them?

People would be screaming at Sakurai for putting an echo on the pass despite him saying that buying the pass or the content within is optional. An echo pass wouldn't be a bad idea, just if it happens, don't hold back the regular pass.

As long as the costume isn't another character, I would enjoy that. I'm disappointed that Dark Meta Knight will not be playable since he's one of Meta Knight's costumes. Although costumes are aesthetic, so that might be why they're not doing that right now.

I still want this, why haven't they made new costumes for fighters yet? Like Shulk with his Future Connected design or the Masked Lucina they should've done since the beginning. I also really want an Echoes Fighters pass, honestly surprised they haven't included at least one echo fighter at all in the DLC, but I think a small cheap Echo Fighter Pass could be possible. Like what was the point of introducing a new type of fighter when we only got so little of them?
Heck, all I wanted was a male Agent 3 costume for Inkling for symmetry purposes, even if said costume wouldn't have the Hero Shot or the differently-looking Ink Tank, the ink color could've been the aqua green seen in Octo Expansion. Also, the fact that Fire Mario was not added back as a costume for Mario is ridiculous as that look for Mario is very iconic. Link could've used some costumes seen in Breath of the Wild rather than just color changes that we go in Ultimate, Zonai Link would've been a really cool costume addition.

So, the idea that only protagonists or mascots being DLC is Smashed away into nothingness again. So yet another fanmade rule that was thankfully broken.
What is it with this fandom that likes to make up their own rules for who can make it in or not? No seriously I need help understanding this. I sometimes go into other Smash threads where people want a certain character but someone always has to butt in and say so and so can't be in because [insert obscure and arbitrary reason that I came up with], like damn I didn't know you work with Sakurai/Nintendo and know why certain characters can't be in.

------------​

Anyways for me the reason I always request/want protagonists in is because most of my favorites are usually good guys. Though I was never opposed to villains being DLC. Personally the villains I'd really want to see get in would be Julius (FE GotHW), Black Knight/Zelgius (FE PoR/RD), Berkut (FE SoV), Cid Aulstyne (FF Type-0), Ultimecia (FFVIII), and Dracula (Castlevania series).

Humans are irrational. That's all you need to understand. :sneaky:

No really.

"Bowser Jr. replaced the koopalings! I hate that little brat!"

"Why are Sonic's arms blue?!"

I can at least understand why people would say any joining franchise has to have the protagonist (not just third parties) as the protagonist is the face and represents it best. Like it wouldn't make much sense for a random robot master to represent Mega Man, when we could (and do) have Mega Man himself. Or why would we want Risky Boots or any of the barons to represent Shantae when we could have Shantae? Though after the protagonist, there's not much reason why we can't have any of the other characters.

Or why would we want Risky Boots or any of the barons to represent Shantae when we could have Shantae? Though after the protagonist, there's not much reason why we can't have any of the other characters.
Well, that depends on the franchise. Radec was chosen to represent Killzone in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale since he was more memorable than... whoever the hero is there.

What is it with this fandom that likes to make up their own rules for who can make it in or not? No seriously I need help understanding this. I sometimes go into other Smash threads where people want a certain character but someone always has to butt in and say so and so can't be in because [insert obscure and arbitrary reason that I came up with], like damn I didn't know you work with Sakurai/Nintendo and know why certain characters can't be in.

If it makes you feel any better, there's only two rules I setup that I follow for Smash choices. One is the obvious the choice must be a video game character rule set by Sakurai, but my other is that a character is from a company that is likely to comply and allow a character to join. Square was the most stingy for this rule(and by extension Disney for Sora, which is still on the table for unlikely, which thank god since I don't want Sora) but then Sephiroth came out of fricking nowhere.

There was also a third rule of how soon a character from a company would have another rep, then Steve and Sephiroth came literally cutting that rule in half.

Well we're getting 9 more FFVII tracks:
Aerith's theme (new arrangement)
Opening - Bombing Mission (new arrangement)
Those Who Fight (AC version)
Those Who Fight Further (AC version)
JENOVA
Cosmo Canyon (new arrangement)
One Winged Angel
Advent: One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy VII main theme (new arrangement)

Not surprised that we're getting the movie versions of some themes, would've liked to have Tifa's theme in as well even if it was a new arrangement (I've always liked her more over Aerith tbh). Sakurai also does mention they went through some challenges in getting tracks (he goes into it in the video, if you're curious).

Also Sephiroth Challenge is available in that you can unlock him early before his official release. It has three modes: Easy, Normal, and Very Hard, the first two modes are apparently considered to be challenging despite their names and the third is supposed to be extremely difficult. Originally it was made so that if you lose the challenge you have to wait to get him on his release, but they scrapped that idea. The challenge is from the 17th (today) until the 22nd, though it won't be available for those who haven't purchased the Sephiroth DLC or Fighter's Pass vol. 2.

And finally Cloud's AC alt will get Omnislash version 5 as part of an update when Sephiroth drops.

Sakurai's video on Sephiroth:

I was wrong about him being potentially low tier.

I'm starting to miss previous challenges.

Last edited:
Well we're getting 9 more FFVII tracks:
Aerith's theme (new arrangement)
Opening - Bombing Mission (new arrangement)
Those Who Fight (AC version)
Those Who Fight Further (AC version)
JENOVA
Cosmo Canyon (new arrangement)
One Winged Angel
Advent: One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy VII main theme (new arrangement)
Remember how I said I hated Sephiroth? I take that back. Cosmo Canyon made things alright.

Sephiroth seems like one I might want someday. Most of the DLC has been forgettable. Like literally, when Sephiroth was revealed I was trying to recall who the last character was. I had completely forgotten about the Minecraft character (and honestly, wish it could have stayed that way lol)

Back
Top Bottom