• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Training

Re: Pokemon X/Y official guide confirms "Super Training"

• Hints on the best ways to use Roller Skates, ride Pokémon, and challenge Gym Leaders!
The way this is worded is very interesting. It implies you can do more with the skates than just go faster... and it implies riding pokémon is a thing beyond just Gogoat in that town.
Interesting both are in the same sentence as "best ways to challenge Gym Leaders"...
I thought it was already confirmed that you can ride a Rhyhorn in another area...or is that one of the rumors? I wouldn't read too much into "best ways to challenge Gym leaders" other than a guide to get through the gym puzzles and mentioning type match-ups. I don't expect anything different from any other guide.

Why are they keeping HMs? I hope they've been made deleteable and basically are just TMs with a different name, because right now they are merely a hinderance for absolutely no reason.

• Hints on the best ways to use Roller Skates, ride Pokémon, and challenge Gym Leaders!
The way this is worded is very interesting. It implies you can do more with the skates than just go faster... and it implies riding pokémon is a thing beyond just Gogoat in that town.
Interesting both are in the same sentence as "best ways to challenge Gym Leaders"...

Why would they get rid of HMs, anyway? And if they were just gonna be the same things as TMs, why wouldn't they just make them TM moves?

And about the skates, it has been mentioned that you'll be able to grind on railings, I believe. But I'm also curious if it will be something that require tips, since the Bike certainly never did.

And yes, @The Outrage; riding a Rhyhorn was confirmed at the Round Table. I think it's a Pokemon that is borrowed at some point to clear obstacles.

Why are they keeping HMs? I hope they've been made deleteable and basically are just TMs with a different name, because right now they are merely a hinderance for absolutely no reason.

And about the skates, it has been mentioned that you'll be able to grind on railings, I believe. But I'm also curious if it will be something that require tips, since the Bike certainly never did.

Oh you mean like the way you needed to use the Mach Bike inside the Sky Pillar in Pokémon R/S/E to get Rayquaza? If then cool maybe you'll need the skates to access special areas you can't get to by foot.

Oy, HMs are returning...I hope I don't have to use them much, if at all, like in Pokemon Black and White.

I am rather curious on what this whole "Super Training" is. I will speculate for now that it has something to do with raising Pokemon's levels or their stats. I wonder if Game Freak will reveal anything about this in the near future...?

I thought it was already confirmed that you can ride a Rhyhorn in another area...or is that one of the rumors? I wouldn't read too much into "best ways to challenge Gym leaders" other than a guide to get through the gym puzzles and mentioning type match-ups. I don't expect anything different from any other guide.
Oh, I missed the Rhyhorn confirmation then.

With the Gym leaders thing I mean that I was curious of how they announce that kind of coverage next to coverage on the skates and riding, as opposed to independently.
... Although I guess that's really a pretty meaningless thing.

Why would they get rid of HMs, anyway? And if they were just gonna be the same things as TMs, why wouldn't they just make them TM moves?
Because HMs, as a "multiple-times teachable move that can't be deleted", are entirely obsolete.
The "can't be deleted" part is a leftover from Gen I to prevent an issue of getting stuck, which was already solved in Gen II by having a dedicated machines pocket. And obviously the multiple uses has been made obsolete by Gen V having all machines behave like that.

So right now they function like TMs that can't be deleted. If they DID change it so they did get deleted and behave like normal TMs though, they could still keep the HM name just to point out its in-game status as "hidden" and with the move they provide having an important OW use. (And because they'd be far less restrictive, players would be encouraged to actually use them)

Super Training sounds pretty cool. It probably is some method of EV training, which I wouldn't mind at all. As long as it helps to make the process go faster and make them more visible, I'd be happy with that. I really need to clean my 3DS more often, so a cleaner sounds good too. I don't mind HMs returning too much. If they handle them like in B/W where they weren't too necessary to go through the storyline, I'd be fine with that. I'm also hoping that there's more in the guide than just what they listed, but that's mainly because I still want Serena to be in the main cast for XY and if there isn't a sidequest that they could adapt into a battle active goal in the anime, then that most likely won't happen.

It's probably the EV training thing the PokeBeach leak mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprised if this just tells you the best types to use and gives a list of what Pokemon she/he has.

Anyways, still contemplating on whether to buy the guide or not. Might come in handy.

I was pretty excited for BW2 but didn't feel the need to get the guide, and I got it for HeartGold just because Gold was my absolute favourite game. This guide actually sounds pretty useful because of all the new things coming (even though it'll all be on the internet), but because Gen VI feels totally revolutionised due to the 3D, fairy type, riding pokemon etc. it's going to be worth it. Plus the novelty factor.

Plus worldwide release means that information in it would be a lot more relevant and you could actually use it.

I might get the guide just because of the simultaneous release. Before, I just took the luxury of reading Bulbapedia and Marriland after all the information was compiled from the Japanese version. At least it might be useful if I get stuck trying to find an item.

Super Training sounds pretty cool. It probably is some method of EV training, which I wouldn't mind at all. As long as it helps to make the process go faster and make them more visible, I'd be happy with that. I really need to clean my 3DS more often, so a cleaner sounds good too. I don't mind HMs returning too much. If they handle them like in B/W where they weren't too necessary to go through the storyline, I'd be fine with that.

Or they can throw pre league training under a bus and screw us over like B2W2. Which is the one reason I'm wary of HM's, they're too forced, especially sn with mounts now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this just tells you the best types to use and gives a list of what Pokemon she/he has.

Anyways, still contemplating on whether to buy the guide or not. Might come in handy.

Ofc it just tells you that, what else would it tell you? lol

I never bougth a guide not going to buy now, I want to play blind, if I'm not spoiling myself I'm not buying a guide.

Uh,me either,I can just read Mariiiland for free.

Ofc it just tells you that, what else would it tell you? lol

I never bougth a guide not going to buy now, I want to play blind, if I'm not spoiling myself I'm not buying a guide.

• A guide to where to find hidden items, TMs and HMs, and special Pokémon—with a location index!
Dream World Pokemon in Kalos. Calling it now.

Anyway I'll probably get the guide, if only for the type match-up chart. Of course, having an extra cleaner for my 3DS is also a plus so consider it bought.

Super Training Discussion thread

Apologies if this has been done before.

On the official website, it says that ST will change a pokemon Base stats.

Forgive me, but aren't those different from EVs?

Perhaps ST changes IVs, or X/Y are redoing stats altogether.

Re: Super Training Discussion thread

They seem to be calling EVs "base stats". The official terms are different from the fan terms here.

They've called EVs "base stats" for a while already. At least, when you use feathers, vitamins and EV-reducing berries in Gen V, the message you get calls the affected stat "base attack/defense/whatever".

• A guide to where to find hidden items, TMs and HMs, and special Pokémon—with a location index!
Special pokemon? What could this mean? This hints that there will be info unrevealed in the media so far?

• An updated type matchup chart that includes the all-new Fairy type!
The Fairy type finally gets explained?

I hope we can get our hands on those things fast @.@

Pretty interesting, I guess the advantage over regular EV Training is you can apparently have your Pokemon do this while you explore and such, or leave you game on while you do something else.

I like it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom