• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Training

Actually, you can't even get Vitamins in XY, because Super Training (the balloon games) and Core Training (the bags) replaces their purpose entirely.

You can still get all the vitamins. They're in one of the pokecenters, I don't remember which.

Really? Seems rather redundant, but oh well. I just went by Serebii's XY item list, which does not have the Vitamins listed.

The Super Training in itself is great; I am just currently hating Secret Super Training. The one with Stunfisk is ridiculously hard for some reason for me (and unfortunately I need to do that one to unlock the one where you can get a Dusk Stone, I believe).

The Stunfisk one? Yeah, you have to hit the goals quickly before they disappear, so don't bother charging your shots any, just tap, target, and shoot. Or is it getting hit by their attacks that's the tough part? (You might hate the next two, and the Deino one then.)

I'll say this: Super Training is certainly a fun minigame, and the Super Secret Training can be useful for getting Evo Stones. But as for the training itself, once you get ahold of the Power Accessories, EV training by Horde Encounters is still much faster.

Actually, you can't even get Vitamins in XY, because Super Training (the balloon games) and Core Training (the bags) replaces their purpose entirely.

You can still get all the vitamins. They're in one of the pokecenters, I don't remember which.

Really? Seems rather redundant, but oh well. I just went by Serebii's XY item list, which does not have the Vitamins listed.

You can buy them in the town with the pokeball factory and the huge mushrooms everywhere =)

Heh heh, I've spent Super Training more time than main game...
I decided to post my fastest times... most of them have been fully trained. Some of them were really lucky. Few of them have used Strength bag. Some Pokémon have different fire/shoot icons - black ball, blue ball, green ball and yellow ball, I think.
Black ball is average.
Blue ball is fast moving but has less damage than black ball.
Green ball is slow moving but has highest damage. Not great against fast moving Balloonbots & quick-changing goals.
Yellow ball has rapid fire but has lowest damage. Also, you can't move if you release fully (red) charged shot. Not recommend against Ballonbots that shot rapid fire or wide horizontal/vertical balls. Best against Balloonbots who shoot in circular patterns.

Not sure if I'm missing others...

Fastest times
LEVEL 1
Sp. Atk:
Pyroar (green ball) 2:58.0
HP: Greninja (blue ball) 2:55.5
Attack: Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:58.1
Sp. Def: Greninja (blue ball) 2:57.4
Speed: Greninja (blue ball) 2:57.5
Defense: Greninja (blue ball) 2:57.5

LEVEL 2
Sp. Atk:
Greninja (blue ball) 2:48.5
HP: Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:51:5
Attack: Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:53:0
Sp. Def: Greninja (blue ball) 2:45.9
Speed: Tyrunt (green ball) 2:52.1
Defense: Greninja (blue ball) 2:46.4

LEVEL 3
Sp. Atk:
Bulbasaur (yellow ball) 2:47.8
HP: Litleo (green ball) 2:43.3
Attack: Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:52.5
Sp. Def: Greninja (blue ball) 2:40.6
Speed: Litleo (green ball) 2:53.6
Defense: Greninja (blue ball) 2:39.2

SECRET SUPER TRAINING LV. 1
The Troubles Keep On Coming?!
Tyrantrum (green ball) 3:14.0
The Leaf Stone Cup Begins! Venusaur (yellow ball) 2:44.6
The Fire Stone Cup Begins! Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:38.9
The Water Stone Cup Begins! Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:41.7
Follow Those Fleeing Goals! Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:40.6
Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half! Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:36.9

SECRET SUPER TRAINING LV. 2
An Opening of Lighting-Quick Attacks!
Venusaur (yellow ball) 2:23.2
Those Long Shots Are No Long Shots! Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:33.7
Scatterbug Lugs Back! Tyrantrum (green ball) 3:10.5
A Barrage of Bitbots! Tyrantrum (green ball) 2:37.8
Drag Down Hydreigon! Tyrantrum (green ball) 3:20.1
The Battle for the Best: Version X/Y! Greninja (blue ball) 3:03.4
Well, you might noticed that I used green ball against fast moving Balloonbots & quick-changing goals so Balloonbots' low HP and green ball's high damage help...

Anyway, I'm wondering that you guys are faster than me. :D

There's also orange. Rapidfire yellow is good for shooting red bonus goals but that's about it.

Oh, orange? Well, I must find Pokémon that has orange ball.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that red bonus goals part.

EDIT: Orange is similar to green one... except damage. It's lower than green... meh, what's pro about orange?

It's probably unfair since I don't have full trained Pokémon so I used 0-EV Pokémon...

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Do you have any idea how to reach 252 in Super Training? I've looked at the Meter Bar and it could tell me what number does it saying. But I do know one thing is when I first EV train a pokemon in Super Training, then the first thing I must do is to complete a lv 1 Super Training Mini game on any 4ev first. I certainly wanted to know how to check the EVs as well. I got the Reset Bags just in case that I've messed up. So is it possible that it can't pass 252 anymore in the x and y game upon the Super Training?

My Super Training for my Scizor was super fast because of that green ball. At one point he'd do almost 400 damage with that thing.

Hello everyone. Do you have any idea how to reach 252 in Super Training? I've looked at the Meter Bar and it could tell me what number does it saying. But I do know one thing is when I first EV train a pokemon in Super Training, then the first thing I must do is to complete a lv 1 Super Training Mini game on any 4ev first. I certainly wanted to know how to check the EVs as well. I got the Reset Bags just in case that I've messed up. So is it possible that it can't pass 252 anymore in the x and y game upon the Super Training?
I believe the Max is still 255, so you'll either need to keep track of it manually, or max the stat, then use an EV reducing berry to knock it back down to 245 and get the pokemon 7 more EVs.

EDIT: Orange is similar to green one... except damage. It's lower than green... meh, what's pro about orange?

The plus about Orange Soccer Balls is that the Orange Soccer Balls are bigger then all the other colors, even the Green ones. So it's most likely to hit the goal.

To Everyone: I don't know if I should say this, but please don't twist my sentence around because it has the word "ball" in it. :embarass:

So it's like this:

Black: Regular and Balanced

Green: Slow but Powerful

Yellow: Weak but Rapid Fire

Blue: Fast

Orange: Biggest

Last edited:
To Everyone: I don't know if I should say this, but please don't twist my sentence around because it has the word "ball" in it. :embarass:
I'm pretty sure Fennekin's line gets (ahem) orange balls ... they seem to charge up energy really fast.

Last edited:
I believe the Max is still 255, so you'll either need to keep track of it manually, or max the stat, then use an EV reducing berry to knock it back down to 245 and get the pokemon 7 more EVs.

No, max is 252. Try for yourself - max out 2 stats, you'll still be able to put 6 in something else. 252 is the new cap for regular EV training, too. It's awesome!

Super training is definitely one of my favourite features of X and Y. It turns EV training into something much less tedious and much more fun. :)

I actually stopped Super Training recently and went back to EV training by battling. Power items + Pokerus + Horde Battles is a much faster way to EV train than Super Training. I can get a fully trained Pokemon in about 10-15 minutes. I use Sweet Scent to summon a Horde Battle, have the Pokemon I wanna EV train sent out first, switch to my Gengar who uses Dazzling Gleam to knock out all 5 Pokemon at once, and viola!

Super Training= EV Training- Repetitive Battling
Secret Super Training= Infinite Evolution Stones, if you are good

So I love this Super Training thing and I maxed out the EVs of all of my eeveelutions. Yes, all 8 of them.

However, I just started EV training more Pokemon with good natures and abilities that I got from wonder trade (a Scyther and future Mega Scizor, Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Marill, Poison Fang Tyrunt, Volt Tackle Pichu, Speed Boost Venipede, Brave Mawile and future Mega Mawile) and now all of a sudden I can't complete the level 3 tasks on time? My Scyther and Venipede barely gained any points from hitting the soccer balls in the goals, and when I used a Strength Bag on Scyther, I completed the task but definitely much slower than I normally do. Why aren't they gaining as many points as my eeveelutions did? I super trained my eeveelutions on level 3 training tasks with no problem whatsoever.

You are letting the balls charge energy first? If you shoot them too fast they'll score barely any points whatsoever.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom